• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    The cops general demeaner reminds me of the joke about the old and young bulls overlooking a field of cows.

The young bull wants to run down and breed a cow, the old bull suggests they walk down and breed them all.

That cop is obviously of the "walk down and breed them all" school of thought. His optics and mindset were both properly calibrated.

380Mike

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    The subject developed a problem for the responding officers. Officer Coffee arrived with a solution for said problem. Ammo is expensive, think of the money he saved the taxpayers.

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    Slow is smooth, and smooth is fast. Most impressive thing about this is his mindset. Training under stress (and mostly experience in these situations) definitely helps keep the adrenaline levels down. Adrenaline will make the simplest shots difficult to execute cleanly.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    As someone who worked a pile of appleseeds, i van say that basic competency with a long gun is rare, even for people who carry guns for a living and that is on a one way range.

Appleseed and Revere's Riders are excellent events and a launch to a solid foundation of marksmanship skills....cannot overstate it.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    yes... And there's good reason for that.

See the IR laser aiming device in front of the RDS?

that + the tall mount for the RDS = rifle set up for use under NODS.

I say there's good chance he's a SWAT officer.
    I wonder what zero would be used on this set up. Since the mount is so high above the bore, I imagine you would be shooting a rainbow.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I wonder what zero would be used on this set up. Since the mount is so high above the bore, I imagine you would be shooting a rainbow.
    Not really. If that device is 3" above the bore, he can zero at 200 yards, and the bullet would be between the sight line and bore line all the way to 250, no correction needed.

What I'm really impressed with is his ability to pay attention to the radio. He rolled up onsite and correctly identified the target and was engaging in less than a minute. I believe I saw more than one shot fired, but again, being aiming at the right thing within 10 seconds of commencement of festivities is 90% of the battle. It's deer-hunting 101. When I'm getting a rifle into action, I'm constantly thinking about the number of shots I've seen disappear while I was futzing around trying to perfect my position. Take deep breaths to get your oxygen, take the first half-decent position you can quickly create, and get crosshairs in position to see something. That's why I don't like the chuckleheads on the video, going on about the sling. That shot can disappear in the time it takes to put the sling on. At 200 or less, just do it.

Last edited:

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    The security isn't armed?

I would think a methadone clinic would be cause to arm with something a little more serious than a mask.

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    As someone who worked a pile of appleseeds, i van say that basic competency with a long gun is rare, even for people who carry guns for a living and that is on a one way range.

@The Bubba Effect Maybe. Or maybe the competent ones are not attending Appleseed. My point here is that it's too small a sample size to be representative of the general populace.

...and that's said with me subjectively agreeing with your point, and having been to a Revere event to see what y'all are doing out there.

Top Bottom