• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Dont feel bad I just sold every hand gun I owned and they got replaced with Glock. Should have done it years ago.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Exactly, don't overthink it. I personally think the G19 carries as well as the G26. Just not that much difference for the loss of 5 rounds. If you try it and end up not liking it, sell the Glock in the Classifieds. Pick a used one up for ~$450 and sell it for the same. No downside.

Get a 19!

Another vote for a 19. I ditched a 23 and a 27 for a 19 and a 42. (I was more accurate with a 9) I now carry the 19 IWB unless it matters whether I print or not. (and if they ask "No sir, thats my insulin pump") Then I IWB the 42 because it just disappears.

Bottom line, dont sweat hiding a mid frame Glock. Its easier than you think.

And I keep my Kimber Stainless ii for formal events. :): No need to worry about scuffing it while EDCing. My Glocks are already ugly, so nothing lost with holster wear, etc. :):

CrazyCracker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2014
    Scott County
    Why are you planning to miss so much?

I don't plan on missing more I plan on having to shoot more bad guys. :):

Well if I never would have gotten married then had the little one this would be easier. I would just buy a 19 and a 26 at the same time. Now things are not quite as free flowing in the cash department so I gotta pick one. I do have a question though. If I buy holster for a 19 is it correct in thinking the 26 will fit in it as well?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I don't plan on missing more I plan on having to shoot more bad guys. :):

Well if I never would have gotten married then had the little one this would be easier. I would just buy a 19 and a 26 at the same time. Now things are not quite as free flowing in the cash department so I gotta pick one. I do have a question though. If I buy holster for a 19 is it correct in thinking the 26 will fit in it as well?

yes. The 26 fits nicely in a 19 holster. Granted there is dead space below the muzzle but it fits.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Apparently, if I sing it the way the INGO auto-* is thinking...I'd get booted off here.

I was trying for the 1962, greasy hippy crappy guitar never-gonna-work VW van peace-sign-tee-shirt around the campfire version...not the delta southern negro version.

Man I am hurt JJ.
    If you add 6 years to that.......I played guitar (bass) had a VW van (POS) and all the proper attire.........with the hair.......................:)

Along the same vane OP........I have swayed into the CZ influence.

I still love my 1911's and even brought a very nice example home last night.

Never, ever, ever gonna own a Glock though. Just is not gonna happen.
    Glocks hate the churchmouse. I have several witnesses to this fact.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    So you've got 26-28 reds of 9mm in two mags, two bulky mags. Carrying a 1911 with 8/1 in.the gun and two 8rd spares gives you 25rds of 45ACP problem solvers, all in slim flat mags, .two of which are easier to conceal than one Glock mag.
    Now, what happens if you fumble the reload under stress, and drop the mag, say, right on the feed lips? ( I know Glock mags are supposedly indestructible, but they've never let me loose on one) Or what if you drop it down a stairwell, or it bounces out of view. What if you need to do a tactical reload? Can you easily shove the Glock mag into a front pocket?

I'm simply saying that all your eggs are in one basket, so to speak, and if your spare mag goes south you're SOL. With the 1911 and two spares you still have a "plan B".:twocents:

If you're wearing skinny jeans you might have a problem carrying two glock 19 mags or sticking one in your front pocket during a tactical reload, but if you're wearing regular "man clothes", you should be good to go.

Top Bottom