OH will recognize IN LTCH in the near future!!!!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    I am still waiting for the federal carry license.

The 2A LTCP

Here you go, it's free!!

2ndAmendment.jpg

sig-man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    North
    Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't they "almost" pass a reciprocity bill last year or the year prior? (HR495 or something like that). Both times it stalled. Being there are only a few weeks left in the year, I am not going to hold my breath.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    As someone else said, going into a place that is marked clearly with no-guns signage can get you arrested for criminal trespass. Evidently also having a gun in a parking lot of a prohibited place can get you a lesser civil trespass charge, but it's probably an unlikely scenario. Must inform police immediately if pulled over, even if you're a passenger (I think). Can't carry while drinking but you can carry into a place that sells alcohol as long as you're not drinking. Supposedly cops there are not as OC friendly as in Indiana and hassle people more. Can't carry in police stations, universities (illegal by law unless locked in a car or in the process of being locked in a car in the parking lot), churches (unless you have explicit permission from the church), school safety zones (including school activities and everything up to school boundaries) etc...A big one is that you have a duty to retreat before use of deadly force unless you're in your home/car, as far as I understand. Also I hear that Ohio is the only state in the country that still places the burden of proof for self defense on the defendant rather than the prosecution having to prove it wasn't self defense. Hoping that changes soon. Those are all the big differences.

Thank you very much. :ingo:
    I'll study up on details if I make plans to be going there. If I have to make a quick run without notice, good to know I don't have to change much of my normal routine. Pretty much, don't print when I bend. ;)

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    What does AZ do for you that I have missed? Cuz I collect permission slips myself!
    I don't think AZ does anything that the Utah one doesn't except you can get the AZ license by showing proof of training. When I got my 1st and 2nd ones they accepted my DD214 as proof of training. I think you have to actually take a Utah approved or Utah specific class to get theirs. BTW, Florida also issues non-resident to persons submitting the DD214.

Last edited:

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    I don't think AZ does anything that the Utah one doesn't except you can get the AZ license by showing proof of training. When I got my 1st and 2nd ones they accepted my DD214 as proof of training. I think you have to actually take a Utah approved or Utah specific class to get theirs. BTW, Florida also issues non-resident to persons submitting the DD214.

I didn't know this. How do I apply? :)

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    For all its foibles, Indiana really does shine.

As a one time Missouri resident (and MO CCW holder), then Ohio resident (and OH CCW holder), and now (finally) again an Indiana resident (and lifetime Larry holder), I agree 100%.

The most important thing about Ohio: if you ever have to use your firearm in self-defense, you bear the burden of proving that you acted in self-defense - unlike the other 49 states, where self-defense is affirmative, and the State bears the burden to disprove it.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I am still waiting for the federal carry license.

The 2A LTCP

As the Constitution and Declaration of Independence assert, our "license" to keep and to bear arms is inherent and unalienable. As far as any federal licensure, I'm against it 100%. But I'm all for federally mandated *reciprocity* of state-issued resident licenses. My rights don't end simply because I cross an imaginary, invisible line between one state and another.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Awesome! I go to Ohio a few times a year to visit friends and it's always strange keeping the gun at home. I don't even bring it since it's too much of a PITA and would be useless in the car if I were legally transporting it in the manner they want it transported anyhow.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    What does AZ do for you that I have missed? Cuz I collect permission slips myself!

You gain KS and NM with the AZ permit.

I took my class almost two years ago so this information might not be up to date. I know that NV bailed on accepting the AZ permit but everything else is pretty up to date.

Here are two pictures I took of the maps at the class two years ago.

Blackhawk was giving the AZ free if you took their UT class. I had to pay the AZ State permit price but not extra for the class.
    My wife and I take trips on our motorcycles and not having to worry about the two states if we wanted to head southwest was worth it to us.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Glueman, those pics came from USACarry.com. Today, the AZ gets you nothing that an IN resident LTCH and a UT CFP don't, except NM.

I have 13 states in which I cannot lawfully carry: CA, CT, HI, IL, ME, MD, MA, NV, NJ, NY, OR, RI, SC.

Blessings,
    Bill

You gain KS and NM with the AZ permit.

I took my class almost two years ago so this information might not be up to date. I know that NV bailed on accepting the AZ permit but everything else is pretty up to date.

Here are two pictures I took of the maps at the class two years ago.

Blackhawk was giving the AZ free if you took their UT class. I had to pay the AZ State permit price but not extra for the class.
    My wife and I take trips on our motorcycles and not having to worry about the two states if we wanted to head southwest was worth it to us.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...The most important thing about Ohio: if you ever have to use your firearm in self-defense, you bear the burden of proving that you acted in self-defense - unlike the other 49 states, where self-defense is affirmative, and the State bears the burden to disprove it.

Thanks for reiterating this. This is important info.

Force10

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2014
    Franklin County
    As mentioned up-thread, the Act will become law if the Governor takes no action within ten days (found info here) A signed act becomes law 90 days after being signed, but there is no specific time-frame in which the "unsigned act (no action default)" explicitly mentioned. While it seems safe to assume that the 90 day period still exists, does anyone know for certain? I, like another slacker mentioned in another thread, do not have my FL or UT license, and am therefore restricted from carrying concealed in OH. I am excited for this act and what it means for my travels to work.

Force10

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2014
    Franklin County
    Never mind, I found it through a bit of a deeper search (third Google result instead of first). It states on page 56 that it is 91 days from signage or no action default that the act becomes a law. So in roughly three months, provided Kaisich doesn't veto tomorrow, I should be able to legally conceal carry in OH. Yay!

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Never mind, I found it through a bit of a deeper search (third Google result instead of first). It states on page 56 that it is 91 days from signage or no action default that the act becomes a law. So in roughly three months, provided Kaisich doesn't veto tomorrow, I should be able to legally conceal carry in OH. Yay!

I would think Kaisich would be for these changes.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I go to Eastern KY a couple of times a year and it is shorter to go through Ohio for me, but I have been going through Louisville just to avoid the gun issue in Ohio.

Top Bottom