OH will recognize IN LTCH in the near future!!!!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    I will head east through Ohio much more than I do now if this bill is signed into law. I still think it's total BS to have any law on the books that a person is presumed guilty until proven innocent, but I'm just silly that way.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Today is the 10th day. No action today = Law tomorrow, in effect in +90 days from tomorrow?

Frost49

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Tim Buk 2
    So are there any updates on this yet? Do they have until Midnight to take action, or just until close of business today?

bmiley1963

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    That is awesome. The "least milage" way to get to the Detroit area (suburb) from the Indianapolis area is a short trek through Ohio. Always a pain to have to get out, unload and lock away my carry weapon for that short distance. I have been known to avoid that route but others can add 45 minutes to my trip. Good to know.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    So are there any updates on this yet? Do they have until Midnight to take action, or just until close of business today?

I would assume that the governor "officially" has until midnight, but that's just a guess.

I have monitored news sites, and still see nothing one way or the other regarding Kasich taking action.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    the CLEO shall sign portion will allow my father to own a suppressor. For years he has wanted to but the CLEO wouldn't sign off on it, and he didn't want to go the trust route.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    the CLEO shall sign portion will allow my father to own a suppressor. For years he has wanted to but the CLEO wouldn't sign off on it, and he didn't want to go the trust route.

Tell him to have a voice recorder, his paperwork, and an NRA pen to hand the CLEO the day after this goes into effect. A sly "stick it in your a** and twist" smile is optional.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't they "almost" pass a reciprocity bill last year or the year prior? (HR495 or something like that). Both times it stalled. Being there are only a few weeks left in the year, I am not going to hold my breath.

So let it be written, so let it be done! It just got signed! 90 days from now you can carry in Ohio like an (almost free person)

Expands concealed carry reciprocity to visitors and persons temporarily in Ohio who have valid out-of-state licenses, regardless of whether the license-issuing state has entered into a reciprocity agreement with Ohio

Just remember, you must follow Ohio laws (meaning mandatoy showing officers, and i think places actually can ban guns)

Ohio Governor signs gun rights bill to reform concealed carry, suppressor use

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    So let it be written, so let it be done! It just got signed! 90 days from now you can carry in Ohio like an (almost free person)

Expands concealed carry reciprocity to visitors and persons temporarily in Ohio who have valid out-of-state licenses, regardless of whether the license-issuing state has entered into a reciprocity agreement with Ohio

Just remember, you must follow Ohio laws (meaning mandatoy showing officers, and i think places actually can ban guns)

Ohio Governor signs gun rights bill to reform concealed carry, suppressor use

Yes: Ohio is shall-inform, and statutorily compliant signs carry the weight of criminal, not civil, trespass.

Top Bottom