• ...and so much more!
  • lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    Last weekend I was walking up to our house and see my daughter (kr_treefrog2) standing by the upper porch rail with my Remington 700 BDL rifle (chambered for .223). She's looking through the scope at the pond. She tells me she saw two muskrats in the water. They are a nuisance and can damage the pond banks.

A few moments later I hear a 'crack' and come out to see what happened. There in the water is one very dead muskrat, floating on his back with his four legs reaching skyward.

I was impressed by her shot...90 yards, downhill, with a moving target! We went down to the pond, got in the boat and retrieved the 'rat.' She hit him in the neck on his left side with the round exiting the neck low on the right side.

eanpu0.jpg

This is the same girl that briefly set the woods on fire with a tracer round one recent evening! Welcome to Brown County! :wavey:

lovemywoods

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Good shooting young lady.

Muskrat populations must be growing. I've seen two hit on the road in the last week. I can't recall ever seeing muskrats as road kills in the past.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Kelly has always been a good shot. She took her first muskrat at closer range with a 20 gauge shotgun! lol

Dad forgot to mention that she's 21, single, and now accepting applications. lol

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Kelly has always been a good shot. She took her first muskrat at closer range with a 20 gauge shotgun! lol

Dad forgot to mention that she's 21, single, and now accepting applications. lol

Does she like creepy old guys?

More importantly, do you and your dad shoot creepy old guys that get too close to your sister?

Respectfully,

Creepy Old Guy since 2000.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    rhino, stop, just stop. We just can't take you anywhere. *tsk, tsk*:lmfao:

(And not a word about the age of my girlfriends, not a single word).

Good to see fewer muskrats in the world. Nice shot.:)

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Does she like creepy old guys?

More importantly, do you and your dad shoot creepy old guys that get too close to your sister?

Respectfully,

Creepy Old Guy since 2000.

A1) No

A2) We don't have to . . . :):

In all seriousness, Kelly is a great girl. She cooks (cakes and cookies mostly), likes to fish and shoot, plays video games, and has a laid-back attitude. But she does have expensive tastes. Not in purses or jewelry or fashion, but she likes crab legs, Sig Sauers, and AlienWare computers. We used to fight alot as kids (she's 3 years younger), but now I'd just assume hang out with her as much as any of my other friends.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    A1) No

A2) We don't have to . . . :):

In all seriousness, Kelly is a great girl. She cooks (cakes and cookies mostly), likes to fish and shoot, plays video games, and has a laid-back attitude. But she does have expensive tastes. Not in purses or jewelry or fashion, but she likes crab legs, Sig Sauers, and AlienWare computers. We used to fight alot as kids (she's 3 years younger), but now I'd just assume hang out with her as much as any of my other friends.

And she's beautiful. I can't believe he forgot to mention that! :)

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Aw, man! Where's the love for creepy old guys?

Life just isn't fair. It's going to suck if I'm 85 years old and living in an apartment with TomN like the freakin' odd couple.

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    Aw, man! Where's the love for creepy old guys?

Life just isn't fair. It's going to suck if I'm 85 years old and living in an apartment with TomN like the freakin' odd couple.

Hey it won't suck that badly! We'll have each other! :cheers:

Top Bottom