• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    Of course every time I played a troll I felt that I should have dreadlocks and be listening to Bob Marley mon!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Time for the When I Was Your Age story . . .

Back in the day, nerds didn't have or need your high falutin', fancy-schmancy computerized role playin' games, with your colorful graphics and your Dolby Surround Sound. They played "Dungeons and Dragons" with a freakin' piece o' paper, a pencil, and a handful of dice in the same room with a bunch o' other nerds until the host's mom told them all to go home (which is embarrassing when you're 37) because she was sick of you smelly kids and besides, they were out of soda and cheezy poofs .

It was all about imagination then. That and walking seven miles to school, barefoot, in the snow, uphill (both directions).

Damn kids.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX

Back in the day, nerds didn't have or need your high falutin', fancy-schmancy computerized role playin' games, with your colorful graphics and your Dolby Surround Sound. They played "Dungeons and Dragons" with a freakin' piece o' paper, a pencil, and a handful of dice in the same room with a bunch o' other nerds until the host's mom told them all to go home (which is embarrassing when you're 37) because she was sick of you smelly kids and besides, they were out of soda and cheezy poofs .

It was all about imagination then. That and walking seven miles to school, barefoot, in the snow, uphill (both directions).

Damn kids.

I played D&D!!!

We should start a weekly INGO D&D group.

*snicker*

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart

Damn kids.

Been there, done that!

But Rhino it's no longer 1934! You can now play role playing style games on the computer! The world today is amazing!!

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    I played D&D!!!

We should start a weekly INGO D&D group.

*snicker*
    :+1:

and we played Risk, and Vampire the Masquerade, and a host of other table top RPGs... my favorite was when we played the Marvel RPG. My char was an empath and I kept getting xp for just being me. They could never tell when I was in character or not. :D

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    :+1:

and we played Risk, and Vampire the Masquerade, and a host of other table top RPGs... my favorite was when we played the Marvel RPG. My char was an empath and I kept getting xp for just being me. They could never tell when I was in character or not. :D

Spooky man.... just spooky! :n00b:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    There's a store on the south side of Indy (just south of 135 and Co. Ln. Rd) called Gamerz. Not only do they SELL all the RPG board games AND cards, but there's also a large room in the back where they actually have card game TOURNAMENTS.

I never saw so many "stereotypical" gamer nerds in my life than the evening I spent there...playing a game called "Midgets" (I think?) A friend's buddy's buddy owns the place, that's the ONLY reason I was there. I swear.

-J-

Kr_Treefrog2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Aw man, you should have been there at the GameStop for the midnight release of the World of Warcraft expansion, The Burning Crusade. There were guys there in capes and costumes and wigs, the whole bit. I mean, you have to be somewhat hardcore to show up to a game store at midnight just so you can get the expansion the first moment possible instead of just buying it the next day like normal people. But still, I'm not as hardcore as those guys.

By the way, I think we can officially call this :hijack:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    There were a couple of guys sitting in a Subway sandwich shop in Columbus last week on a rainy day with a huge tackle box full of cards or something. It looked like Pokemon or something similar. VERY stereotypical-- one big guy, one scrawny guy, big guy had curley hair, scrawny guy had greesy hair. Big guy no glasses, big glasses on toothpick boy. They looked 25+. They looked like they were having a good time though! lol

Top Bottom