• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    You have every right to walk up to Mike Tyson and tell him his voice sounds like he's a purple twinkie-winkie. You have the freedom of speech, bu that doesn't mean it is smart to holler "FIRE" in a crowded theater. There are times that I open carry and there are times when I stop and think "will my open display of a firearm cause concern for others?". In those situations, I still carry but try to minimize the potential for concern or misunderstandings..

Yelling "FIRE" in a crowded theater is not the same in any regard.

But you are right, I'll hide one Constitutional right so I can excessive another.......:noway::noway::noway:

(Of course this would be so I don't cause mass histaria among soccer moms, the anti's, and for the safety of children.)

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    You have every right to walk up to Mike Tyson and tell him his voice sounds like he's a purple twinkie-winkie. You have the freedom of speech, bu that doesn't mean it is smart to holler "FIRE" in a crowded theater. There are times that I open carry and there are times when I stop and think "will my open display of a firearm cause concern for others?". In those situations, I still carry but try to minimize the potential for concern or misunderstandings..

"there are times when I stop and think "will my open display of a firearm cause concern for others?". In those situations, I still carry but try to minimize the potential for concern or misunderstandings."

Well ain't you just special! Are you selling bracelets with WWDD? on them? What Would Dave Do? :laugh: Hope I didn't cause "concern or misunderstandings" by saying that!!! :ugh:

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    "there are times when I stop and think "will my open display of a firearm cause concern for others?". In those situations, I still carry but try to minimize the potential for concern or misunderstandings."

Well ain't you just special! Are you selling bracelets with WWDD? on them? What Would Dave Do? :laugh: Hope I didn't cause "concern or misunderstandings" by saying that!!! :ugh:

Yes, :ugh: indeed. And, he's one of us.

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne

No problem. I guess the whole issue for the guy who was denied the right to vote was:

1. Did he go to the polls to exercise his right to vote? If so it looks like he lost that battle the first time around.

2. Did he go open carrying just to prove he could walk in looking like John Rambo / Chuck Norris? If so, he won that battle, but lost his right to vote.

This isn't a CC/OC debate, but just my thoughts on excising common sense and getting to vote and being able to carry while doing so.

BTW, why do you think it against the law to yell "Fire" in a crowded theater? It is because it causes panic and unnecessary concern.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Who really knows why jeremy carries large chickens around with him, maybe he is just hungry?

My uncle told me that he saw Vietnamese troops carrying ducks on their belts with them. Maybe this is something similar?:dunno:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Actually, this is the "whole issue":

Indiana Secretary of State Connie Lawson says the law is clear: Unless the polling place falls under the few exemptions in the law, legal gun owners have the right to openly bear their arms while they vote. “That matter has been settled,” Lawson said.

Common sense be damned. If it is perfectly legal, then don't whine about it.

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    No problem. I guess the whole issue for the guy who was denied the right to vote was:

1. Did he go to the polls to exercise his right to vote? If so it looks like he lost that battle the first time around.

2. Did he go open carrying just to prove he could walk in looking like John Rambo / Chuck Norris? If so, he won that battle, but lost his right to vote.

This isn't a CC/OC debate, but just my thoughts on excising common sense and getting to vote and being able to carry while doing so.

BTW, why do you think it against the law to yell "Fire" in a crowded theater? It is because it causes panic and unnecessary concern.

You forgot #3 and #4
    #3 Did he decide to go legally vote in an American election?
    #4 Did he do so legally?

If the answer to question 3 and 4 is yes then STFU get out of his way and let him vote. Just my thoughts on exercising (think you had a Freudian slip above "excising" medical terminology for cutting out or removal).......of common sense :patriot:

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana

Your logic is not only flawed, it is embarassing. Why on earth should we have to pick and choose when we exercise our rights?

You are making it a debate by interjecting that he should have concealed so he could still vote. Sorry but I for one am NOT someone who hides my beliefs to get by in life. I sometimes go against the grain but it is the right thing to do for me.

And yelling in a theater IS a crime, OC is not. There is NO comparison in the real world. And it is illegal because politicians decided that they needed to control people just a little bit more since people can't seem to behave like rational adults in public anymore.

VidGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2012
    Muncie
    My polling place is at a school, so you can't carry there anyway.

I'd like to know where this was in Muncie.

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon

Dave you are absolutely right.

I will also suppress my religion and my speech as it may cause hurt feelings. I will let any official of the government search my persons or property, because it may upset some if I don't. I will give my property to the government without expecting compensation, just so I don't stir the pot. I will waive my due process, because I don't want any confrontation.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI

This, Dear INGO, is why you never, ever take legal advice from someone on the 'net. Let's compare this statement with the scholarly musings of one of the nation's most knowledgeable and influential civil rights legal professors.

The Atlantic | January 1989 | Shouting "Fire!" | Dershowitz

[scroll down for the article]

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville

He didn't lose the right to vote, he was denied the right to vote.

Is it your position that people should be forced to choose which rights they exercise simply for the sake of not offending people?

That's not common sense. That's personal preference, which, incidentally, indicates that you have a lower tolerance for confrontation in the exercise of your rights than others. But that does not make them wrong or morally inferior in their choice. In this particular argument, it also suggests that you think denial of rights is equivalent to being hassled by the Walmart cashier. :n00b:

Is it your position that people should be forced to choose which rights they exercise simply for the sake of not offending people?

To a real and immediate threat. A firearm in a holster is not a real an immediate threat.

Ryno300

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2009
    Fly over country
    JFC Faction...that's a classic!

Just so we all know the rules...it's okay to have a mural of a candidate at a polling place, it's okay to remove one side's poll observers, it's okay to openly campaign in line (depending on which side you're on), but your God-given rights be damned.

Top Bottom