• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Congrats a great choice..
    Indy Trading post has a couple of guys that give the NRA basic pistol course if that is something you might be interested in? With the range in the same building it works out pretty well. :) You get the basic safety info and also get to do a little shooting.
    [FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]

terrance250

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Terre Haute, IN
    Congrats on the new pistol, & you made an excellent choice with the 26. I CCW a 19 but am really wanting a 26 as a BUG, or to replace the 19 during the summer months.

I'll echo what others have said here about the training. The more you shoot/learn, the better off you'll be if you ever actually have to USE it.

JGulley317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2012
    Marion Co.
    Congrats a great choice..
    Indy Trading post has a couple of guys that give the NRA basic pistol course if that is something you might be interested in? With the range in the same building it works out pretty well. :) You get the basic safety info and also get to do a little shooting.
    [FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]

Yeah, do you know how much that would be?

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    Congrats

Nice choice, my wife carries the same one. I will say that we did have to "break it in" though. That spring in the gen4 was really stiff and the short slide action made for a few initial issues. After 200 rounds the thing is solid as can be and shoots like a laser, deadly accurate. I know they're supposed to be good to go out of the box but our experience was a little different. Who's afraid to sling a little lead down range though, eh? Take it out for it's paces and get a good feel for it, you'll respect it more for it's ability and become more comfortable wielding it at the same time.

Enjoy!

3steps

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    NWI
    You purchased a great tool. Now learning how to use it (tactical training) and when not to use it (legal training) are in order.

Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis
    Nice choice, my wife carries the same one. I will say that we did have to "break it in" though. That spring in the gen4 was really stiff and the short slide action made for a few initial issues. After 200 rounds the thing is solid as can be and shoots like a laser, deadly accurate. I know they're supposed to be good to go out of the box but our experience was a little different. Who's afraid to sling a little lead down range though, eh? Take it out for it's paces and get a good feel for it, you'll respect it more for it's ability and become more comfortable wielding it at the same time.

Enjoy!

The Gen 4s have this new hing with the 03 and 04 springs. People were having issues with the tightness with one of them. Look to see which one you have. Glock sent me the 04 for free after I got my glock. Might be a waiting list tho lol.

JGulley317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2012
    Marion Co.
    The Gen 4s have this new hing with the 03 and 04 springs. People were having issues with the tightness with one of them. Look to see which one you have. Glock sent me the 04 for free after I got my glock. Might be a waiting list tho lol.

How do I know which one I have?

JGulley317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2012
    Marion Co.
    From what I understand there isn't a difference in recoil springs for the Gen 3 & Gen 4 G26's. Note, I am not 100% certain of this. This is what I dug up from Glock's website:

Recoil Spring Exchange Program | GLOCK USA

"With exception of the G26's and G27's." Me thinks they are the same and not subject to an exchange...anyone else?

My Glock is fine. It says, "GLOCK is replacing the RSA in all Gen4s sold before July 22, 2011 at no cost."

I just bought my Glock last Friday. I should be alright. If I do have problems, then I'll give them a call.

Top Bottom