• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I need a new hound. Mine's too old to care any more. Unless it's someone in a truck delivering a package. Then he acts like a ferocious killer. But someone taking a package away? As long as there isn't a delivery truck involved, he'll sleep right through that.

adcecil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    I have big or expensive things delivered to my employer that way I can be sure that they don't disappear from my front porch.
    If the package is important enough I may even take the day off.
    I live in a pretty decent neighborhood, but even good people do crappy things. LOL or their kids do crappy things.
    The postal services really don't do much to help. I have seen boxes with labels that holler out expensive items left right out in the opening.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I have big or expensive things delivered to my employer that way I can be sure that they don't disappear from my front porch.
    If the package is important enough I may even take the day off.
    I live in a pretty decent neighborhood, but even good people do crappy things. LOL or their kids do crappy things.
    The postal services really don't do much to help. I have seen boxes with labels that holler out expensive items left right out in the opening.
    If you're going to steal packages you'll probably go to a nice neighborhood. Why rob banks? Cause that's where they keep the money.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Step #1 Get hounds.

Step #2 Release the hounds.

release-the-kraken-2.jpg

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I have never experienced that. However, assume that is true, why not have it shipped to someone who will be home and will be responsible?

People tell me how tactical they are to rationalize tens of thousands of dollars of toys and then they have Christmas trees stolen off their front porches.:dunno:

Rule #1 of Self-Defense: get your head up and out of yourself and into the world around you.

:orly:

oh-really-3.png

c7d1f0eb50716b1f8b4e77649204adaeb831092933fd7dca8c  617aeac76a9409.jpg

52825966.jpg

dc790fb569ffe66560a639467bee86cedac597d394c7d06297  a3ee366f548f16.jpg

Oh-Really-3f4a35.jpg

[video=youtube;n-Ksx80UINM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-Ksx80UINM[/video]

Quite. Indeed.

Why people don't just have their valet wait for the delivery on the patio and bring it to them at the spa is beyond me.

That's what the valet is for...

Kirk, some of us don't take time off work to go shoot, we schedule shooting around it so we still work the whole week. You can't always schedule when a third party like UPS/FedEx will deliver.

I'm just guessing, but it sounds to me like Paul is saying you're doing a Marie Antoinette: "Oh, the people have no bread to eat? Let them eat cake." (when the answer to her should have been, "You stupid b****, they don't have ANYTHING to eat!")

Having it shipped to your work is fine when it's your name on the shingle and/or they're accepting of the RKBA. Few businesses are THAT accepting, and/or have too many employees to permit that; I can't see any of the factories in Lafayette allowing it, nor Purdue.

And me? I work at a hospital. Something tells me they would not be keen on the idea of me having gun parts and ammo shipped to me there.

And FedEx and UPS won't deliver to a PO Box.

It seems to me you're shifting the focus from the a***ole thieves to the victimized customer.

Blessings,
    Bill

Yes.
    I can see the 5,000 employees getting their packages shipped to the mill now.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    es.
    I can see the 5,000 employees getting their packages shipped to the mill now.

Yes, really. If you can't send it to work, then send it where a responsible adult is home to receive it.

You don't need to be a tactical ninja to avoid trouble.

Quick, everyone wave at Kirk way up high in his ivory tower.

The Tower of Common Sense? It is awfully lonely here.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Far be it from me to be the voice of moderation (it's so boring), but I think the principle is: If you know people steal packages off of porches, don' have things shipped to your house to sit on the porch.

How you accomplish that? There are several ways. I'm sure you can find one. Continuing to meet the threat by doing nothing. Not ideal.

wabash

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    SouthWest Indiana
    although this turned into a weird thread, I would like to mention another package option:

rent a post office box with street addressing. (not available at every post office)

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    although this turned into a weird thread, I would like to mention another package option:

rent a post office box with street addressing. (not available at every post office)

I have a PO Box. I ship all that I can there. Keeps them in business and all that. But most times UPS and Fed Ex won't deliver there, even though I see the UPS truck there all the time.

Plus there is the ORM-D stuff like ammo. That isn't allowed to be shipped via USPS so I doubt they would like it stored there.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    UPS used to do a "will call" which meant they didn't load it on the delivery truck, you had to go to the office to pick it up.
    Dunno if that option no longer available.

wabash

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    SouthWest Indiana
    But most times UPS and Fed Ex won't deliver there

I have not tested all the variations, but I have a po box with a street address. the street address is legit - an advertised usps feature. some paperwork is involved.

the street address feature is NOT available at all post offices, last time I checked.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN

And remember to disarm yourself so you don't become a felon picking up your mail at the post office. Find somewhere off the property to park your car too.

Top Bottom