• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    UPS used to do a "will call" which meant they didn't load it on the delivery truck, you had to go to the office to pick it up.
    Dunno if that option no longer available.

They will still do that. Just lost time and gas for those of us that don't live near a UPS terminal. Once again, we can't have nice things, because of idiots/thieves.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    I have a PO Box. I ship all that I can there. Keeps them in business and all that. But most times UPS and Fed Ex won't deliver there, even though I see the UPS truck there all the time.

Plus there is the ORM-D stuff like ammo. That isn't allowed to be shipped via USPS so I doubt they would like it stored there.

And not all businesses give you a choice of how they ship.
    I think the UPS truck you see is probably there for SurePost, and Fed Ex has SmartPost. Probably more than you want to know here: A Shipper?s Perspective on FedEx SmartPost & UPS SurePost - Rush Order

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    No. Stealing isn't a capital crime. You don't get to make up excuses to shoot people for just any old thing they do. If they present a real threat to your life, well, that's different.
    yeah as the law in Indiana is written now. But they can change the law to allow it and they should.
    i think in Texas you can. Smart

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    I have "stolen" a package off a porch 2 blocks away but I have a good defense. I checked the tracking online and it showed dropped off 2 hours previous by FedEx but there was no package delivered to my house. Previous experience told me they dropped it off 2 blocks away and I knew the homeowner was on a 2 week vacation so I went and got it then called and complained to FedEx. The next time it happened I did not go and get it but called FedEx and made them retrieve the package and deliver to the correct address.

UPS when I have a package that needs a signature has come back after 7 PM to deliver.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Far be it from me to be the voice of moderation (it's so boring), but I think the principle is: If you know people steal packages off of porches, don' have things shipped to your house to sit on the porch.

How you accomplish that? There are several ways. I'm sure you can find one. Continuing to meet the threat by doing nothing. Not ideal.

I still prefer

th

adcecil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    So when I ordered my stuff it was scheduled for UPS delivery on the 6th. The wife is off that week so great somebody will be home... I just checked my e mail & it is being delivered today. Glad it is coming early but crap nobody will be home.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Front porch cameras are great. They're even better when they send you notifications of motion detected.

Smile, *******; you're on candid camera.

When I get around to putting up cameras, I'm putting two up in the front, looking down the street each way, to attempt to get license plate numbers.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ...3) 6th grader and baby in the car when arrested- Bet their parents are proud.

Probably not proud, but probably not surprised either...actually, probably won't care much at all. Generally speaking, people who would do this didn't come from homes where personal responsibility and morality were huge priorities.

Top Bottom