• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    I have to be in Crawfordsville before 18:00.

So I'd need to leave about 16:30.

Could I still do it?

Absolutely. If you feel like you miss anything or get short changed, we'll make it work cost wise. Although to be honest, the things we do in the last hour or so I could send you via notes and you'll get 90%+ of the benefit. Earlier in the day...not so much.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    How sore can a middle aged, former athlete, who gave up running and lifting in 1992 expect to be following this? By the way it was early in 1992 March 6th is the date I recall.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    How sore can a middle aged, former athlete, who gave up running and lifting in 1992 expect to be following this? By the way it was early in 1992 March 6th is the date I recall.

That is totally up to the individual. We think it is important for everyone to feel some honest resistance so they know it will work against a real attacker, but this isn't the kind of class where you have to worry about getting the crap beat out of you and being sore for a week. IF that is your thing though, there are usually at least a couple more like minded people who want to go at it pretty hard.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    That is totally up to the individual. We think it is important for everyone to feel some honest resistance so they know it will work against a real attacker, but this isn't the kind of class where you have to worry about getting the crap beat out of you and being sore for a week. IF that is your thing though, there are usually at least a couple more like minded people who want to go at it pretty hard.

So... how sore do you WANT to be?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Yeah, I will answer for the pachyderm contingent:

Desired level of soreness post-class: 0 of 100.

Expected level of soreness post-class: > 0

Warning: Anyone who hurts me will have to answer to my mother.

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    Paul Sharp once said in as class "I like to go hard in training, but I don't like to get banged up in training." I've always liked that sentiment. I'm good with being tired and muscle sore for a few days. Getting injured training sucks and defeats the purpose. I'm nursing a sore shoulder from a rogue omaplata right now. I fought it and escaped but should have tapped and been able to go home just tired. Dumb move on my part. I'm pretty good about not having anything to prove to others, but sometimes I have to prove something to myself.

To echo Mike, we'll match intensity to whatever you want.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    ...the knife fighter.

I can tolerate a serious look of disdain from her, but I don't want to be cut. Rhino is her baby and she is very protective and very handy with a knife. She wants to take his side even when he is wrong. I once had her ask me on the phone. "Is there any possible way he is right about this?" I told her no he is not. "I was afraid of that." But be warned she will not hesitate to cut anyone.

Top Bottom