Panera bread email response to my email!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    OK, I don't have a clue what the hell you are yakking about now so try to sleep it off and take another shot at it tomorrow.

He's saying that "now" they are only going after open-carry scary black rifles but if they "win" this they'll try for more. And I tend to agree.

I choose not to open carry, and I understand the debate about how that might contribute in a negative way (my reason for concealed is that I think it's safer for me, btw)

"Moms" Shannon Watts and Bloomberg gain a political victory for each store they turn, even if it has no real effect on the carry rate.

I think it is at least important that you let these stores know how you feel.

PLEASE don't forget Kroger who thus far chose NOT to bend to MDA. I wrote them a note, saying I haven't been there for a while but am coming back, especially if I otherwise thought about going to Target. The email response from Kroger did say "we will pass your comments on to leadership".

Don't anyone think it doesn't matter. If it didn't matter, the stores would be ignoring the call from the anti-gunners as well. Yes, only a tiny percentage of us will change where we spend our money but that's true for the other side as well. Those Zionsville and New York moms aren't going to turn down their latte unless they actually see a scary black rifle.

I'm trying to avoid the establishments that have made the statement, which allows me to vote with my wallet as well as respect their private property rights.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    oh.... and "Panera Warmth" ?!!!

What is that? Where we pee our pants when someone comes in to rob or threaten us, because we can't do anything about it?

Clearly, the marketing person in charge of this doesn't know the midwest statistics for gun ownership and conceal carry permits. That's something you might want to share with Panera corporate as well as local management. Perhaps mentioning the number of women that own guns now might need to be specified.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    What happens when public opinion has turned too far that there are few places where your gun is welcome? Your letters to management does not change anything, your opinion it totally discounted and your votes are wasted. I know the answer for me but what about the rest of law abiding INGO?

Then I suggest we re-evaluate our needs AND our public relations abilities. I've learned to do a lot less Starbucks and Target, and the result for me is that I'm saving money. I'm also quite sure I eat better when I bring my own lunch than when I go to Panera.

And look at the bright side. The more we can differentiate the "no-gun" or "probably not many guns" from the "gun owners shop here", the easier it is to choose safer venues :)

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Yes, it was uncalled for and I apologize. You clearly did NOT read my other posts or even tried to understand what I was saying in those posts. I don't support any anti-gun policies but I keep my non-support more on the political side vs getting bent out of shape at businesses. I imagine most businesses ask people not to bring firearms into their place of business as a courtesy to the majority of their customers. I don't fault businesses that are trying to cater to their customers. Making a public issue of anger towards these places is not helping as much as it makes us look like the radicals the Left is saying we are. How many of us actually need to be packing an AR to buy a loaf of bread? If OC means bringing attention to yourself then take up gardening and leave the guns to adults. For those that OC with a shred of common sense in regards to the immediate environment, then they have my full support.

Yes I did read what was said. I read every comment in every thread that I post in. Nobody here has said anything about being bent out of shape toward Panara or about taking an AK to the store. I agree that businesses are there to cater to their customers, guess what, I am a customer also. All they have to do to make it fair to everyone involved is to say "we follow what the state law says". There should be no complaints after that, even though that will never be enough for the antis. Instead they have alienated me, a customer, by telling me what I should and shouldn't do with their opinion on how I should act and what I should do. I very rarely open carry, however there are times that I do. I own a 200+ acre farm and carry open when I am out doing things on my land. If I'm in my truck already and doing things in the field then I don't feel the need to drive back home to change holsters just to go into town. I don't carry to impress anyone or to get attention, I don't do it because it's the "cool thing to do". I carry every day for the same reason most of us do, for the protection of myself and my family.

Yes I could say screw it, I'll conceal and get what I need regardless of what the store says. That amounts to me supporting a store that has gone out of its way to NOT support me. I simply choose to give my money to someone else. The store I give my money to doesn't have to support me or gun owners in any shape or form, as long as they don't actively go out of the way to deny us (gun owners) or whatever people want to call it. Support is awesome, neutral is fine, anti is a no go for me.

Last edited:

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I used to follow the rule "CC in, open out". I thought I was making a point to show them how pointless their sign was. Until I visited WI where signs do have force of law. So if you follow this practice, think again as I have. If we try and make our points this way, all we'll do is give them more fuel to take Indiana lawmakers one more step. If we're not careful, we'll end up with no carry signs everywhere and it'll be law. We need to fight the right way. While we're making political statements, they're lobying local politicians. WTF can't we get organized the right way.....

Top Bottom