Panera bread email response to my email!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Although I would like to give them the finger and CC in their "warmth" anyway, I will instead just take my business elsewhere. They don't want me as I am, I don't want them as they are.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    As a rule I don't carry at a bank- simply because I'm not sure if there are scanners that might be set off if I walked in CCing.
    So, what if they do? Nothing illegal about carrying in a bank. I do it every week!
    if the people at my bank ever said anything negative and/or told me I couldn't carry, I would immediately withdraw every cent!

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Why not go so far as to say the government owns everything, and there is no private property? I usually agree with most of what you say, but this is ridiculous! If I had a storefront, my insurance company would surely say that a no firearms sign was required, they don't like the fact that they insure my personal guns, but my commercial premiums make them enough money that if they didn't, I would drop all my insurance with them. But they did tell me if I were ever to open a storefront, NO Firearms signs would be a requirement for my liability policy!
    And you continue to patronize them!? Why not switch companies?

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    I wont deny myself a product or service that I like
    or need.

I just carry concealed and go where I want.

Besides its a little F U to them, even though they
    dont know it.

Jimmy
    This is how I feel about it. The bread is pretty good.

huntall50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    NW Indianapolis
    What happens when public opinion has turned too far that there are few places where your gun is welcome? Your letters to management does not change anything, your opinion it totally discounted and your votes are wasted. I know the answer for me but what about the rest of law abiding INGO?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    What happens when public opinion has turned too far that there are few places where your gun is welcome? Your letters to management does not change anything, your opinion it totally discounted and your votes are wasted. I know the answer for me but what about the rest of law abiding INGO?

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...dly-bars-eateries-crop-up-across-america.html

http://www.migunowners.org/forum/mo...l=http://www.migunowners.org/forum&lang=en-US

Bloomberg backfire: More than 57,000 gun-friendly businesses crop up across America | Buckeye Firearms Association

57,000 Businesses Fight Back, Post 'Guns Welcome' Signs On Front Door

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Then we cross that bridge when we come to it in our own way. I for one do not support companies that actively diminish our rights as gun owners. Panera bread may or may not be one of those companies. Others clearly are (Sara Lee, Levi's, eBay, Yum Foods, etc). I will go out of my way and pay a little bit more to avoid these places/companies. I realize that for every one person that stops buying their product there are probably 50 new teens or sheep to take my place, that doesn't mean I should give up and roll over for convenience sake. Tell these places they have lost your business and why. As stated above there are many places, both new and old, that accept and support gun owners.

backfire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011
    Not me anymore.... Not since the announcement of this---> Michelle Obama, Subway partner to push healthier kids' meals - CBS News

Chalk up the same for me with Burger King and their Gay Whopper Burger also... (never liked their crappy food anyway)---> Burger King sells gay pride Whopper

Keep the political BS out of my face and out of the damn restaurants and perhaps I'll return. Until then.....my vote is with my wallet-- good riddance!

backfire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011
    I wont deny myself a product or service that I like
    or need.

I just carry concealed and go where I want.

Besides its a little F U to them, even though they
    dont know it.

Jimmy

Same for me-- except I don't give them anymore of my business...

Went into Toy's-R-Us to grab my kids a little gift since I was away from home for a few days, when ran into their "no guns" sign as I walked in. Didn't know of their policy until I saw that sign and didn't have time to go elseware, so I made a note of it in my noggin, laughed to myself and went right in feeling "all warm" packing my 9mm heater. Grabbed what I needed (overpriced BTW) paid for my stuff and walked out. You can bet the band I won't be going back.... Didn't really need them before and I damn sure don't need them now!

My vote. My wallet. Carry-on T-R-U....

backfire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011
    Then we cross that bridge when we come to it in our own way. I for one do not support companies that actively diminish our rights as gun owners. Panera bread may or may not be one of those companies. Others clearly are (Sara Lee, Levi's, eBay, Yum Foods, etc). I will go out of my way and pay a little bit more to avoid these places/companies. I realize that for every one person that stops buying their product there are probably 50 new teens or sheep to take my place, that doesn't mean I should give up and roll over for convenience sake. Tell these places they have lost your business and why. As stated above there are many places, both new and old, that accept and support gun owners.

Well said sir.

RMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    McCordsville
    Same for me-- except I don't give them anymore of my business...

Went into Toy's-R-Us to grab my kids a little gift since I was away from home for a few days, when ran into their "no guns" sign as I walked in. Didn't know of their policy until I saw that sign and didn't have time to go elseware, so I made a note of it in my noggin, laughed to myself and went right in feeling "all warm" packing my 9mm heater. Grabbed what I needed (overpriced BTW) paid for my stuff and walked out. You can bet the band I won't be going back.... Didn't really need them before and I damn sure don't need them now!

My vote. My wallet. Carry-on T-R-U....

I agree with not doing business with certain chains based on their political stands and/or if they are trying to influence votes. I believe in our 2nd Amendment rights but, at the same time I understand the public image all of us gun owners are subjected to. I like owning and shooting my pistols and rifles, always have, always will. One thing I have learned, and think of it as a very well lesson learned is.......... Having the right does not necessarily mean doing so makes it right. If folks think they are providing anything positive when they go to White Castle at 2:00 a.m. bearing numerous potentially lethal firearms, and regurgitating something about "rights", they've missed the point. Public trust is something that needs to be earned. Just because someone feels they are entitled to flaunt their weapon in a public area does not mean it is acceptable by everyone. We as gun owners need to acknowledge and respect other viewpoints. After all, isn't that all we're asking? CC seems to me to be the perfect compromise. What exactly is the problem??

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    What other rights do you conceal so that you won't offend.
    And by the way, moms demand action are also offended by concealed guns. Are you going to remove your gun?
    They are not just after the rifle
    They are not just after the openly carried pistol.

RMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    McCordsville
    What other rights do you conceal so that you won't offend.
    And by the way, moms demand action are also offended by concealed guns. Are you going to remove your gun?
    They are not just after the rifle
    They are not just after the openly carried pistol.

Hmmm. Well, I have a right to my own opinion but I also exercise my right to conceal it at times when it can only provide confrontation.
    So, you think the better way to deal with Mothers Demanding Action is to get in their face with a fully loaded weapon? I think it only adds fuel to their cause.

Top Bottom