Panera bread email response to my email!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TontoKowalski

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2014
    Indianapolis
    As a rule I don't carry at a bank- simply because I'm not sure if there are scanners that might be set off if I walked in CCing.

Unless things have changed substantially since I worked in banking, there are no scanners. The only thing we had at the doors of my old bank was the transmitter for the dye pack system. CC all you want. In this state it isn't illegal.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    Hmmm. Well, I have a right to my own opinion but I also exercise my right to conceal it at times when it can only provide confrontation.

Good for you. You make that decision for you, and don't try to make it for others. Sound fair?

So, you think the better way to deal with Mothers Demanding Action is to get in their face with a fully loaded weapon? I think it only adds fuel to their cause.

Personally, I OC just about everywhere I go. I don't get in people's faces, but I am next to people all of the time with a "fully loaded" gun. How does that add fuel to anything? If anything, a casual gun owner in nice clothes and nice gun/holster going about their business and not breaking the law normalizes guns in society.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Hmmm. Well, I have a right to my own opinion but I also exercise my right to conceal it at times when it can only provide confrontation.
    So, you think the better way to deal with Mothers Demanding Action is to get in their face with a fully loaded weapon? I think it only adds fuel to their cause.

You're the one adding fuel to their cause with all your talk of confrontation, flaunting, small penis syndrome, etc.

You sound solidly in their camp. Rather than support others' rights to carry how they please, you join the mad moms in deriding that which you consider "socially unacceptable".

Your sort of narrowly crafted support for the "right to keep and bear arms but only if they're kept concealed" is not really helpful at all.

RMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    McCordsville
    You're the one adding fuel to their cause with all your talk of confrontation, flaunting, small penis syndrome, etc.

You sound solidly in their camp. Rather than support others' rights to carry how they please, you join the mad moms in deriding that which you consider "socially unacceptable".

Your sort of narrowly crafted support for the "right to keep and bear arms but only if they're kept concealed" is not really helpful at all.

Wow!! You obviously don't know me very well. Come to think of it, I don't think I care to know you either with that kind of mentality.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Wow!! You obviously don't know me very well. Come to think of it, I don't think I care to know you either with that kind of mentality.

Have I misconstrued what you wrote or the points you were attempting to make?

Were you joking?

Does my assessment of your postings conflict with your own self image?

Wow, indeed.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Do you tell minorities to conceal themselves so as to not cause a confrontation?
    No, cause they aren't causing the confrontation.

I've had a gun on my hip for over 20 years. I don't seem to be confronting people. I don't have the time or energy.

If you want to conceal, that's fine, it's your decision.
    I sometimes conceal, mostly just throw it on the belt.
    It doesn't confront people.
    If people don't like it, to bad, it's not their decision.
    And how I carry is as much your business as how you carry is my business.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    And all I did was point out, YOU (RMC) were using the very same arguments that have been used against ALL gun carriers/owners.
    So I figured since their arguements were worth using, they must have convinced you to get rid of your guns.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Do you tell minorities to conceal themselves so as to not cause a confrontation?
    No, cause they aren't causing the confrontation.

I've had a gun on my hip for over 20 years. I don't seem to be confronting people. I don't have the time or energy.

If you want to conceal, that's fine, it's your decision.
    I sometimes conceal, mostly just throw it on the belt.
    It doesn't confront people.
    If people don't like it, to bad, it's not their decision.
    And how I carry is as much your business as how you carry is my business.
    Tried to rep ya but they said "Oh no!" Well said Act.

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    CCing can still be seen.
    MDA does not want ANY gun.
    So, if they see you CC, will you then disarm.
    Cause they've already run some off. Easier to split us into small groups and take each one out, one by one.
    No rifle.
    No OC pistol
    No pistol over 10 rnds.
    No pistol over 7.
    No pistol even CC'd.

Last edited:

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    CC and enjoy the bread. The small penis syndrome will pass in time.

Not offended, but this was uncalled for.

You clearly don't get the point we are trying to make about NOT SUPPORTING BUSINESSES THAT GO OUT OF THEIR WAY TO EITHER OFFEND, DENY, OR HAVE OTHER NEGATIVE POLICIES TOWARD GUN OWNERS. Either that or you get it but don't care. Some of us clearly do care who we support and who we don't.

RMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    McCordsville
    And all I did was point out, YOU (RMC) were using the very same arguments that have been used against ALL gun carriers/owners.
    So I figured since their arguements were worth using, they must have convinced you to get rid of your guns.

Really? I'm happy you believe that. You've been shooting how long???? I'm from the Dakotas and with all the years I've been on this Earth, I can't say I've encountered one case where I wish I could go grocery shopping with an AK over my shoulder. What's the point? What is the message? All I've been saying is as a gun owner and the current view points being portrayed as "typical" gun owners, I think those that carry their weapons like they were members of some militia or cult is counter-productive. Those that feel the need to tell everyone they are armed and show everyone they are armed probably are not the best people to be armed and speaking on behalf of the millions of us gun owners that don't want to be looked at as one of "Those Gun Nuts". I doubt if you'll even try to comprehend what I'm talking about since you appear to be more focused on seeing how many times you can post on this thread. If it helps, I'll try to type slower.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Really? I'm happy you believe that. You've been shooting how long???? I'm from the Dakotas and with all the years I've been on this Earth, I can't say I've encountered one case where I wish I could go grocery shopping with an AK over my shoulder. What's the point? What is the message? All I've been saying is as a gun owner and the current view points being portrayed as "typical" gun owners, I think those that carry their weapons like they were members of some militia or cult is counter-productive. Those that feel the need to tell everyone they are armed and show everyone they are armed probably are not the best people to be armed and speaking on behalf of the millions of us gun owners that don't want to be looked at as one of "Those Gun Nuts". I doubt if you'll even try to comprehend what I'm talking about since you appear to be more focused on seeing how many times you can post on this thread. If it helps, I'll try to type slower.
    And now its gonna get good!!:popcorn:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

You are making a determination of what someone else "needs".
    Yet... you carry, even though someone else has determined you don't "need" that.
    You don't see the hypocrisy there?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    And the point has NOTHING to do with a rifle.
    If they stop them, YOU'RE next.
    For you it's ok, cause it doesn't affect YOU.
    Well, what are you going to do when it does affect YOU, and no one will stand with you?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    First They Came .... poem by Martin Niemöller

"In Germany they came first for the Communists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.
    Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.
    Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.
    Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant.
    Then they came for me, and by that time no one was left to speak up."

-- by Martin Niemöller, prominent German anti-Nazi theologian and Lutheran pastor,
    best known as the author of the poem First they came....

RMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    McCordsville
    Not offended, but this was uncalled for.

You clearly don't get the point we are trying to make about NOT SUPPORTING BUSINESSES THAT GO OUT OF THEIR WAY TO EITHER OFFEND, DENY, OR HAVE OTHER NEGATIVE POLICIES TOWARD GUN OWNERS. Either that or you get it but don't care. Some of us clearly do care who we support and who we don't.

Yes, it was uncalled for and I apologize. You clearly did NOT read my other posts or even tried to understand what I was saying in those posts. I don't support any anti-gun policies but I keep my non-support more on the political side vs getting bent out of shape at businesses. I imagine most businesses ask people not to bring firearms into their place of business as a courtesy to the majority of their customers. I don't fault businesses that are trying to cater to their customers. Making a public issue of anger towards these places is not helping as much as it makes us look like the radicals the Left is saying we are. How many of us actually need to be packing an AR to buy a loaf of bread? If OC means bringing attention to yourself then take up gardening and leave the guns to adults. For those that OC with a shred of common sense in regards to the immediate environment, then they have my full support.

RMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    McCordsville
    And the point has NOTHING to do with a rifle.
    If they stop them, YOU'RE next.
    For you it's ok, cause it doesn't affect YOU.
    Well, what are you going to do when it does affect YOU, and no one will stand with you?

OK, I don't have a clue what the hell you are yakking about now so try to sleep it off and take another shot at it tomorrow.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    No, I can see you have no clue where I'm coming from. And it saddens me.
    At least if you saw an opposing point of view, and just disagreed.
    Instead, you don't understand.

Top Bottom