• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I have a system...If I want to learn one new word I read twenty of houghmade's posts and at some point I will have to look something up...

He's an educated man with a blue collar soul...Rare these days....

I take that as a profound compliment. I come from humble roots. Both parents grew up on the farm and while my Dad was an electronic and software engineer in the biomedical field (with 4 patents), he is a humble simple man who seldom hired work done and simply learned to do it himself. He passed that on. Both he and I not-so-secretly wished we were back on the farm....but face it, we have good gigs.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    When the local news channel ( Fox 59 ) aired this story tonite the report contained a sentence that the husband "was not suspected." I guess the police always must rule out a husband as being involved - but, I'm not certain that needed to be said on air. I would think that would cause potential grief and/or possible misunderstanding from some folks only hearing part of the story or believing what they might want to hear.

Certainly human nature can dictate that literally anyone could be capable of something, but in this case from the description of the Christian background and nature of this man and woman it seems implausible at best. That's why I didn't feel it necessary for the newscaster to make that comment in the report.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I understand that (which makes sense) on the police side, I mean was there anything out there publicly before they announced "cleared"?

When the local news channel ( Fox 59 ) aired this story tonite the report contained a sentence that the husband "was not suspected." I guess the police always must rule out a husband as being involved - but, I'm not certain that needed to be said on air. I would think that would cause potential grief and/or possible misunderstanding from some folks only hearing part of the story or believing what they might want to hear.

Certainly human nature can dictate that literally anyone could be capable of something, but in this case from the description of the Christian background and nature of this man and woman it seems implausible at best. That's why I didn't feel it necessary for the newscaster to make that comment in the report.
    The public sees these stories and who do they think did it? The husband is always the public's first suspect, statistically they are usually responsible, so saying he is ruled out is used to address those ideas. Time will tell if they were right.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    A an elderly couple I work with knows them and just told me today. Sad.

it mentioned she had recently announced she was pregnant, I was told she was 12 weeks along. Hope they catch this guy and words makes its way around the prison he's a child killer too.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    What a sad time for the Blackburn family...prayin' for the husband, son, parents, etc. who will be forever changed for the rest of their lives due to their loss!

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    When the local news channel ( Fox 59 ) aired this story tonite the report contained a sentence that the husband "was not suspected." I guess the police always must rule out a husband as being involved - but, I'm not certain that needed to be said on air. I would think that would cause potential grief and/or possible misunderstanding from some folks only hearing part of the story or believing what they might want to hear. QUOTE]

I don't believe anything the news says unless I can confirm three other places. They get so much wrong!

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    This makes me sick to my stomach. The good lord gives us tools to protect our family.

My thoughts and prayers go out to family and friends.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Yeah. Our daughter goes there and that is our church.

Fundy circles are generally very small.

I graduated from there back in '01. And I remember playing Community from South Bend.

This is really sad beyond words. My heart goes out to the family she leaves behind. This is a good reminder to go over the security protocols at our house, and to try to get the wife more serious about preparing to use the last resort.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    A an elderly couple I work with knows them and just told me today. Sad.

it mentioned she had recently announced she was pregnant, I was told she was 12 weeks along. Hope they catch this guy and words makes its way around the prison he's a child killer too.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't work that way.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    What kind of sub-human monster does something like this to a pregnant woman defending a toddler? I don't know how she attempted to defend herself and her family but it is very sad she was unsuccessful in doing so.

One of my long-time friends lives a few houses down on the same street.

Top Bottom