• ...and so much more!
  • dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    When the local news channel ( Fox 59 ) aired this story tonite the report contained a sentence that the husband "was not suspected." I guess the police always must rule out a husband as being involved - but, I'm not certain that needed to be said on air. I would think that would cause potential grief and/or possible misunderstanding from some folks only hearing part of the story or believing what they might want to hear. QUOTE]

I don't believe anything the news says unless I can confirm three other places. They get so much wrong!

right, we don't know anything now and I'm certainly not the investigator, even if I did

It isn't unusual to suspect a relative though. And it seems that a home invasion at those hours (before 8:30 am) would have drawn attention, with people in the neighborhood leaving for work.

I hope it was a stranger, because if it was someone she knew that seems even worse for the family.

marmion

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2010
    Their home is 2 miles as the crow flies from Lafayette Square Mall. So it's pretty obvious what this is. So sad. That area used to be so nice when I was a kid.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I don't think this murder will go unsolved. It's national news now, and a press conference at 10 today.

Edit: apparently the press conference is about homicides in general, not just this crime.

Last edited:

EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    According to ABC news, IMPD told them that time stamped surveillance footage from a local L.A. Fitness showed her husband entering and leaving the club that morning, so that's good.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I'm pretty sure it doesn't work that way.

Or maybe it does???

ext of the law[edit]

The operative portion of the law, now codified as Title 18, Section 1841 of the United States Code, reads as follows:
    Sec. 1841. Protection of unborn children
    (a) (1) Whoever engages in conduct that violates any of the provisions of law listed in subsection (b) and thereby causes the death of, or bodily injury (as defined in section 1365) to, a child, who is in utero at the time the conduct takes place, is guilty of a separate offense under this section.(2) (A) Except as otherwise provided in this paragraph, the punishment for that separate offense is the same as the punishment provided under Federal law for that conduct had that injury or death occurred to the unborn child’s mother.(B) An offense under this section does not require proof that—(i) the person engaging in the conduct had knowledge or should have had knowledge that the victim of the underlying offense was pregnant; or(ii) the defendant intended to cause the death of, or bodily injury to, the unborn child.(C) If the person engaging in the conduct thereby intentionally kills or attempts to kill the unborn child, that person shall instead of being punished under subparagraph (A), be punished as provided under sections 1111, 1112, and 1113 of this title for intentionally killing or attempting to kill a human being.(D) Notwithstanding any other provision of law, the death penalty shall not be imposed for an offense under this section.(b) The provisions referred to in subsection (a) are the following:(1) Sections 36, 37, 43, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 229, 242, 245, 247, 248, 351, 831, 844 (d), (f), (h)(1), and (i), 924 (j), 930, 1111, 1112, 1113, 1114, 1116, 1118, 1119, 1120, 1121, 1153 (a), 1201 (a), 1203, 1365 (a), 1501, 1503, 1505, 1512, 1513, 1751, 1864, 1951, 1952 (a)(1)(B), (a)(2)(B), and (a)(3)(B), 1958, 1959, 1992, 2113, 2114, 2116, 2118, 2119, 2191, 2231, 2241 (a), 2245, 2261, 2261A, 2280, 2281, 2332, 2332a, 2332b, 2340A, and 2441 of this title.(2) Section 408(e) of the Controlled Substances Act of 1970 (21 U.S.C. 848 (e)). (3) Section 202 of the Atomic Energy Act of 1954 (42 U.S.C. 2283).(c) Nothing in this section shall be construed to permit the prosecution—(1) of any person for conduct relating to an abortion for which the consent of the pregnant woman, or a person authorized by law to act on her behalf, has been obtained or for which such consent is implied by law;(2) of any person for any medical treatment of the pregnant woman or her unborn child; or(3) of any woman with respect to her unborn child.(d) As used in this section, the term “unborn child” means a child in utero, and the term “child in utero” or “child, who is in utero” means a member of the species homo sapiens, at any stage of development, who is carried in the womb.The provision amending the Uniform C

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unborn_Victims_of_Violence_Act

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    It does, but I'm not so sure the "prison justice" ideas we've bandied about in discussions and that have been promoted by movies have much of a basis in reality.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    According to ABC news, IMPD told them that time stamped surveillance footage from a local L.A. Fitness showed her husband entering and leaving the club that morning, so that's good.

I was wondering how they ruled him out , how they could be sure he didn't have anything to do with it .

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    It does, but I'm not so sure the "prison justice" ideas we've bandied about in discussions and that have been promoted by movies have much of a basis in reality.

Mea culpa...

I thought Kut was saying the murderer could not be charged with two murders...Looking over Kut's response again it seems he was talking about prisoners administering justice, which I do believe sometimes happens, but not as much, as hough said, as Hollywood and Books would have us believe....

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    At the press conference the detective and the chief said that they think this crime was connected to another burglary in the neighborhood, that several people saw the same person on the street, that they have a picture of him but not a name, and that they have physical evidence of the perp in the house. They also have a neighbor who heard shots at a specific time (while the husband was at the gym). They suggested they will release a picture of him today. And they suggested that whomever handled the TVS for the perp might want to come forward (I don't know how well that tactic works).

It is a relief to know it's not someone she knew, and the likelihood that the perp will be brought in.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    So sad.:(

I find it problematic to trust our .gov with administering the death penalty when they eff-up everything else so thoroughly.:dunno:

But cases like this make me really hope that the sub-human POS that perpetrated this crime vigorously resists arrest and dies.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    So sad.:(

I find it problematic to trust our .gov with administering the death penalty when they eff-up everything else so thoroughly.:dunno:

But cases like this make me really hope that the sub-human POS that perpetrated this crime vigorously resists arrest and dies.

I hear you. I'm not a death penalty proponent. But ..... well some just need to be culled from the herd and I hope no one else goes down with him.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    In Marion County, with a Democratic Prosecutor and Democratic Mayor and (most likely) a Democratic-heavy jury pool, it is unlikely in the extreme that the perpetrator(s) will: a) be charged with the death penalty or b) be sentenced to death.

LWOP is the more likely result.

EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    I'm pretty sure it doesn't work that way.

I think that there is enhanced sentencing in Indiana for murdering a pregnant woman. Plus, feticide is now a Class B felony. But I believe the prosecutor needs to show that the killer had knowledge that the victim was pregnant.

The proponent of that legislation (Sen. Jim Merritt, R-Indianapolis) was saying that a 6 to 20 year enhancement of whatever the killer gets is quite possible.

Top Bottom