• ...and so much more!
  • Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I should know better than to read the comments on the news sites about this

Agreed. I know better too, but it's like driving by a train wreck... sometimes, you can't help but look. There is an element of our society that just foams at the mouth when there's a possibility that a hero-type person (minister, policeman, CEO, etc) falls... berate the victim, and applaud the villain.

I'm all for cutting his head off and putting it on a stick.

Agreed! Don't even put it in a duffel bag, proceed directly to the stick.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    In Marion County, with a Democratic Prosecutor and Democratic Mayor and (most likely) a Democratic-heavy jury pool, it is unlikely in the extreme that the perpetrator(s) will: a) be charged with the death penalty or b) be sentenced to death.

LWOP is the more likely result.

I do not foresee DP either.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    I say bring back Impaling, large poll, snub nose, slow moving stick.

This from someone who has references to god in his avatar and signature line. Please explain again why I can't stomach organized religion? Would Jesus do what you suggest?

There will be a rush to judgement on this, and we know how many people on death row have been proven to be innocent. Let's hope they find the right person and give him LWOP.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    This from someone who has references to god in his avatar and signature line. Please explain again why I can't stomach organized religion? Would Jesus do what you suggest?

There will be a rush to judgement on this, and we know how many people on death row have been proven to be innocent. Let's hope they find the right person and give him LWOP.

If he turned from his (assuming it was a he) wicked ways, repented & asked for forgiveness then Jesus would have forgiven him. Being Jesus, He would know if he was truly repentant or just trying to get off, if it was the latter, well there are some scriptures that deal with too, but that's for another thread. Now me, not being Jesus, & not knowing the killers heart (if he were repentant, he'd have turned himself in already IMHO), can guarantee the guilty party has his life ended, he will never again kill a pregnant woman or any other human. As far as doing due diligence on proving guilt, I just assumed that was assumed.

Yes, the impaling reference wasn't to be taken literal, again I assumed that was obvious, but this vile evil has no business continuing on this earth. Many mistake Christians as purely pacifist pushovers, & that's not all that accurate.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    If he turned from his (assuming it was a he) wicked ways, repented & asked for forgiveness then Jesus would have forgiven him. Being Jesus, He would know if he was truly repentant or just trying to get off, if it was the latter, well there are some scriptures that deal with too, but that's for another thread. Now me, not being Jesus, & not knowing the killers heart (if he were repentant, he'd have turned himself in already IMHO), can guarantee the guilty party has his life ended, he will never again kill a pregnant woman or any other human. As far as doing due diligence on proving guilt, I just assumed that was assumed.

Yes, the impaling reference wasn't to be taken literal, again I assumed that was obvious, but this vile evil has no business continuing on this earth. Many mistake Christians as purely pacifist pushovers, & that's not all that accurate.

Amen - I am in agreement. Very well said.

wesnellans

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Marshall County
    From the victim's sister's FB post (my sister in law is a cousin of the husband, so I'm seeing a lot on this from family), it seems that the mother was actively protecting the son from harm in some way - possibly shielding him from the attacker?

Whether this comes from assumptions based on her sister's character overall or some inside info about evidence found at the scene, I don't know.

God does. And He'll have His way on this, be assured.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany

It is hard to be forgiving in instances like this because we are just men. Jesus is God.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

I will pray for you too.....:):

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

If you are going to indict the entirety of Christianity based upon the perceived shortcomings of any one person, you misunderstand the nature of Christianity and humanity.

To want to see justice done when a crime is committed is not anti-Christian. Christ preached forgiveness, and for an individual, it is the best way forward, but God does not even afford forgiveness unless a person asks for it.

Further, God's word indicates that it is a government's proper place to carry out justice, including justice that may include violence:

For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, for he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer. Romans 13:2-4

Even given that, I personally do not believe that the death penalty has been justly or accurately applied in many cases, so I do not support it at this time.

And the human reaction to want to see swift, sure and painful retribution? Understandable in our humanity, but not the right attitude. Let me know when all of your attitudes are 100% correct all the time and I'll do likewise. The struggle to do and think what is right persists this entire life and I choose not to condemn a person who is fighting the fight for not winning every battle of self.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

The funny thing about Christianity is: it's comprised entirely of humans, who are just as fallible and sinful as every other human. The only difference is: we recognize our fallibility, and rely on Jesus Christ to save us from ourselves. It doesn't mean that we become perfect, sinless, or infallible - or that we even believe ourselves to be. So, before you get too comfortable up there on your moral high horse, realize that you're holding someone to a moral standard to which you don't even hold yourself.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    If you are going to indict the entirety of Christianity based upon the perceived shortcomings of any one person, you misunderstand the nature of Christianity and humanity.

To want to see justice done when a crime is committed is not anti-Christian. Christ preached forgiveness, and for an individual, it is the best way forward, but God does not even afford forgiveness unless a person asks for it.

Further, God's word indicates that it is a government's proper place to carry out justice, including justice that may include violence:

And the Bible says, to Obey Gods' Law, and also Obey mans' Law .....

gunsisgood

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 19, 2010
    Maine
    The police say they have video and pictures of suspected murderer,
    why is it taking so long to release them ? :(

Last edited by a moderator:
    Top Bottom