• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I really tire of the ultra sensitivities of some people. A word is just that...a word. If one is so sensitive of a single word that they get all bent over it then that person has some major problems. Espicially so when the supposed offended person uses the same word as a matter of routine. I say get over it whiney a---. Get a life. Double standards anyone? I get called names almost nightly. Heck it makes me laugh most of the time.

It's funny that its "just a word" when it's directed towards something that isn't near and dear to ourselves.

Is it "just a word" when cops are called pigs, nazis, Gestapo, etc?

Is it "just a word" when soldiers are called baby killers?

Is it "just a word" when people lie about phony military actions?

Is it "just a piece of clothe" when people improperly display or desecrate a flag?

Seems all sorts of things are offensive to conservatives. Maybe they have no business telling others what should or should not offend them.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    It's funny that its "just a word" when it's directed towards something that isn't near and dear to ourselves.

Is it "just a word" when cops are called pigs, nazis, Gestapo, etc?

Is it "just a word" when soldiers are called baby killers?

Is it "just a word" when people lie about phony military actions?

Is it "just a piece of clothe" when people improperly display or desecrate a flag?

Seems all sorts of things are offensive to conservatives. Maybe they have no business telling others what should or should not offend them.

Still playing the "Conservative Card" I see.

TEK

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    st joe county
    by the way, compliments to whomever suggested Deen should buy off Jesse Jackson, this morning NPR reported that she will be seeking to make amends with his help. No doubt he's been hired as a sort of media consultant. I wonder how much the take? Will he get kickbacks for directed donations? Will Kool Mo Dees get to dip his beak or what?

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    by the way, compliments to whomever suggested Deen should buy off Jesse Jackson, this morning NPR reported that she will be seeking to make amends with his help. No doubt he's been hired as a sort of media consultant. I wonder how much the take? Will he get kickbacks for directed donations? Will Kool Mo Dees get to dip his beak or what?

I am sure it will go something like this.:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJhPLGMhRuQ

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    They seem so be the most racist IMHO opnion.....seems a (D) Congressman upset with a SCOTUS decision singled out Clarence Thomas and called him a "Uncle Thomas".....doesn't seem any media or (D) got to upset. :(

Those are just words. Why are you upset?

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    I am sure it will go something like this.:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJhPLGMhRuQ

Repped! Poor Randy Marsh......

Paula Dean is an idiot. So are the folks so upset by her. Why do we care so much about what a celeb chef says.......? I really think she was even more insulting by saying that was only time she ever used it.

I will leave with some words of wisdom from Neil Elwood Peart:

"Quick to judge, quick to anger. Slow to understand.
    Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand"

Last edited:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    He didn't seem upset in his comments. I believe (IMHO) he was just trying to point out the double standards that seem to be in play...Lot's of folks like to point out hypocrisy or selected outrage...It's okay that they do..Afterall..They are only words....

The double standard isn't going away and it never will. Momma always told me that life isn't fair and that just because Billy is doing it, it doesn't make it right for me to do it.

__Doc_

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Henry Co
    How "America" is handling this is insane. Leave her alone for **** sake.

Apparently shes the only person every in the history of ever to say it. Noone has ever sang along to any modern rap song apparently.

If it was the other way around and someone was called "cracker" there wouldnt be an issue here.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    The double standard isn't going away and it never will. Momma always told me that life isn't fair and that just because Billy is doing it, it doesn't make it right for me to do it.

Damnit...Mom always told me life was fair...I knew she was yanking my chain...I just knew it..

You are correct but I think it is okay to aknowledge the double standard every now and again..Just to remind ourselves that it is not our imagination or paranoia but something that is real and can be quantified through our TV sets, Newspapers, etc....

My favorite? Those that lobby for change from the left are "actvists" or "Democracy in Action"...Those on the Right? Well they are "Lobbyists" or an "Unruly Mob"...

This was shown today on, of all places..MSNBC...joe Scarborough and least called them out...

Capehart Hails Protest That Prevented Texas Pro-Life Vote As 'Democracy In Action' | MRCTV

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Folks should actually read the complaints leveled against Deen. It isn't about the use of a word.

Not allowing black employees to work the front of the restaurant, forcing black employees to enter the building from the back, segregated bathrooms...quite a bit deeper than using a single word. This is why partners are running away at warp speed.

Oh, and the complaint was initiated by a white, female employee.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    How "America" is handling this is insane. Leave her alone for **** sake.

Apparently shes the only person every in the history of ever to say it. Noone has ever sang along to any modern rap song apparently.

If it was the other way around and someone was called "cracker" there wouldnt be an issue here.

Actually didnt NASCAR get sued a few years ago for something along these lines?

If said "cracker" dfecided to sue their EMPLOYER for using such a derogatory word, im sure similar results would happen

Edit: Once again, WHAT DOES RAP HAVE TO SO WITH THIS? Just because a rapper says something in a song doesnt give an employer the right to

dleak

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2013
    floyd county
    call me an ignorant insensitive uneducated redneck , but this woman is supposed to be a chef right ? that being said i dont give a rip what she says or how she treats her employees as long as her food is good ... this is just another example of why it is SO ridiculous to put "celebrities" on a pedestal ... they are just people & ONLY jesus was perfect...

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Well she didn't force those people to dress as slaves did she!
    Same old cry baby attitude over nothing to try and get something for free.

She's welcome in my house anytime.

Bingo!! Ultra sensitive people these days. Hippocrates one and all. The same ones that act shocked about hearing a racial word from someone else when they use it daily themselves. How does that work? Always looking for a free ride or a handout. Makes me sick.

Top Bottom