• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TEK

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    st joe county
    i sometimes wonder why a person like paula deen couldnt say something more credible. like, how about this:

"as I stated under oath, I used the word. but, I didnt mean to hurt anybody's feelings. I said it in private and thought it was not going to be going out over millions of tv sets in a few years later. I guess that I was wrong. I'm sorry about that.

I have the urge to say that I'm not racist, but, the truth is I prefer my own kind. I hope I don't lose my millions of dolllars of endorsements over that, because, well, is that so wrong to prefer your own kind? If that's racist then maybe I'm racist. if so, I'm sorry that I'm racist, and I want black people to know that in spite of beign racist or whatever they want to call me, I don't really dislike anybody jsut for being black, I dont want to make them feel bad for it, and I wont use that word anymore.

While we are at it, I have gone through my enterprises and found out that I employ X number of black people. When my endorsements are all dried up, and I start shutting down my operations, I am wondering, who will give these folks jobs? Will some of my critics be offering year long salaries to the people who now will suffer because my ill considered private remarks were splayed all over the airwaves? I have a hard time seeing how my downfall will really help black folks.

So, if that is apology enough, just to show my goodwill, I am going to give X (insert big number) dollars to endow a professorship at a traditionally black university like Tuskegee or somewhere, to study public health... or -- but if they dont want to take money from a person that is supposedly such an awful evil racist then I'll keep it and just retire from public view altogether. "

TEK

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    st joe county
    I got to page 19 and had to quit because my sides started to ache when I heard the allegatoins about bubba hiers filling up a styrofoam cup with whiskey and starting his benders about 10 am. That was even better than him challenging the kitchen staff to fight. Man that's fun reading, thanks!

I could see a National Lampoon style movie about this whole thing.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    I got to page 19 and had to quit because my sides started to ache when I heard the allegatoins about bubba hiers filling up a styrofoam cup with whiskey and starting his benders about 10 am. That was even better than him challenging the kitchen staff to fight. Man that's fun reading, thanks!

I could see a National Lampoon style movie about this whole thing.

Before I read the allegations, I suspected that this was a lawyerball, Jesse and Al kind of shakedown that they are famous for. And deservedly so. There's probably an element of that. But after reading the allegations, if they are anywhere close to the truth, Ms. Dean and Bubba and the crew deserve what they are getting.

And the $64,000 question is: where is the truth in all of this?

And no, I don't think the National Lampoon folks could write comedic scripts that are as good as those allegations.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Just like the OJ trial, the use of the N word is a crime far more evil than friggin' murder.

Profiling, even if it proves correct in its use, is also a capital offense.

Who gives a flying flip what some fat old lady says?

Hillary Clinton says stupid evil stuff all the time and gets a pass.............

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I simply cannot comprehend what all the hubbub is about. And I just don't care.

In the grand scheme of things, I am pretty well convinced that it is more of the same non-news we have thrown at us constantly which amounts to screaming that Nero's fiddle is out of tune while disregarding the fact that the nation is burning down.

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    Looks like the case has been dismissed with prejudice with no reward or attorney fees awarded. It did leave room for other employees past and present to bring action. After reading Jackson's press release, I cannot help but wonder if there was a backroom settlement reached.

Last edited:

RugerRog

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Indy
    It is unfortunate that she's being treated like she is and that she lost her show and endorsements. I always heard actions speak louder than words, so uttering the N word 30 years ago does not make one a racist, especially when someone has a gun to your head, and I don't believe her actions have been racial.

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Speculation is that Paula did an out-of-Court deal and wrote a big check to make it go away--a win/win for both parties.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    paula-deen-butter-1.jpg

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I hope that the drive-by media never finds out what "geodes" are called in Washington County. Or what "Base Road" east of Columbus used to be named (to include the road signs). They'd have a real hay-day with those! :p

Top Bottom