• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Bingo!! Ultra sensitive people these days. Hippocrates one and all. The same ones that act shocked about hearing a racial word from someone else when they use it daily themselves. How does that work? Always looking for a free ride or a handout. Makes me sick.

Source/proof that the people involved use this word daily?

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    The problem lies with the people who give a word or words power over themselves or others.

The "N" word has been given so much power it's rediculous. Instead of brushing it off long ago as a continued attempt to disenfranchise black people, they layed claim to the word and its use to forever punish those who use it, especially white people. Even if its use is totally out of context to being a directed insult.

Look at CNN. They're running a special now called, THE "N" WORD. It's SO powerfully bad, not even the news can do a report on its power even today without having to have a black reporter do the report so he can say the word "******", yet doing the report adds even more power to the word.

The word "honky" is a laughably dated attempt at turning the tables on white people when it comes to trying to racially diss someone. It sounds like the 70's when someone uses it. The word "cracka" is still used today and has kinda stuck seeing as it still makes some white people mad to hear.

So yeah, it's kinda rediculous and holding to the norm when one old woman is called out and publicly chastised for a word when the word is over used and abused by the culture that gives it so much power.

CASE IN POINT: The N word above is all ******, yet the words cracka and honky are AOK. What does that say?

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Folks should actually read the complaints leveled against Deen. It isn't about the use of a word.

Not allowing black employees to work the front of the restaurant, forcing black employees to enter the building from the back, segregated bathrooms...quite a bit deeper than using a single word. This is why partners are running away at warp speed.

Oh, and the complaint was initiated by a white, female employee.

Interesting - do you happen to have a link for this info? I would have thought that the press would have jumped all over this like a starved chihuahua on a pork chop... instead , the press seems focused on her dropping the N bomb. Also - was this restaurant Paula's? Or did someone else own it? What was her connection?

As for the person complaining being white - I would suggest that greed is not limited to any particular race. Nor is bigotry. As I said before, I suspect that both are at play here. We just don't know how much of one and how much of the other.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Interesting - do you happen to have a link for this info? I would have thought that the press would have jumped all over this like a starved chihuahua on a pork chop... instead , the press seems focused on her dropping the N bomb. Also - was this restaurant Paula's? Or did someone else own it? What was her connection?

As for the person complaining being white - I would suggest that greed is not limited to any particular race. Nor is bigotry. As I said before, I suspect that both are at play here. We just don't know how much of one and how much of the other.

http://www.atlawblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Jackson-v.-Deen-et-al.-Complaint.pdf

33 page complaint.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    You were asking an LEO how he knew that Blacks called each other N***** daily.
    I'll presume that you are feigning ignorance, but I'm not positive.

I am speaking on the people specifically involved with the situation at hand. Dont care about what some rapper or some guy off the street said. Nor do i see where them doing something makes it OK for everyone to do so.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    I used that "Word" and cracker and honky earlier today. I should be ostracized

Bunnykid, please....

:D

level.Eleven, good catch. Granted those are the _allegations_ . a) they are a far departure from what the press is saying and b) if true , they look pretty bad...

That said, allegations are SUPPOSED to look bad.

We have yet to see the truth...

BluePig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Middlebury
    In 6 months or so, Oprah will do a special where she reaches out and helps Paula "understand" her deep rooted racial bigotry and the error of her ways.
    Then Paula will be forgiven by all and they will together cook up a mess of grits, collard greens and cornbread infused with lard and bacon grease.
    OWN will see a slight rating increase because of it.
    Then Oprah will announce the new Paula Deen cooking show exclusive to OWN.
    And there was much rejoicing.:rockwoot:

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    In 6 months or so, Oprah will do a special where she reaches out and helps Paula "understand" her deep rooted racial bigotry and the error of her ways.
    Then Paula will be forgiven by all and they will together cook up a mess of grits, collard greens and cornbread infused with lard and bacon grease.
    OWN will see a slight rating increase because of it.
    Then Oprah will announce the new Paula Deen cooking show exclusive to OWN.
    And there was much rejoicing, and passing of Shekels to the faithful :rockwoot:
    FIFY :)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Proof? I work the streets. I hear it almost everyday. And I hear it from the folks that get all bent when someone/anyone else says it.....if it fits their agenda at the time.

So? Rappers and athletes also commit murder, are you saying it should be ok for everyone to do so because they do?

Dauvis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2013
    Morgan county
    Walmart is going to stop selling CD's of every artist who uses that word. :rolleyes:

Actually, they already do. From their website...

Recordings identified with the Parental Advisory Label may contain strong language or depictions of violence, sex or substance abuse. Wal-Mart Stores, Sam's Club and Walmart.com (collectively "Wal-Mart") do not carry recordings designated with the Parental Advisory Label.

TEK

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    st joe county
    If one group of people can tell another group not to use a word that they use at will, then that group that sets the rules has A power over the other group. Not "power" in general, just one power. What is that power worth? Can it make jobs? Can it build houses or schools? Can that power create food or useful objects? What is that power worth?

black people in this country have had a lot of things opened up to them which were unavailable prior to the 1960s when segregation was still strong either by law or by choice. and yet, by measurable dimension of social health, compared to whites, they still are worse off, and one might go as far as sayign that as a group, they arent doing that well. levels of income and education remain low for a large number, and wealth accumulation is even worse. crime rates and incarceration, decline of family cohesion, deterioration of neigbhorhoods, all miserable declines in the past 30-50 years while things were supposedly getting better.

I have a hypothesis, that the "powers that be" have manufactured this one thing-- this social power to say the N-word when whites cannot-- as a sop to black people, to make them feel better, to make them believe that all this "freedom" is really benefitting them, and that things havent actually gotten worse.

kind of like the black president. Is he necessarily better for blacks than bill clinton or ronald reagen or franklin roosevelt? FDR did more for american blacks than obama could ever hope to do. what has the black president actually accomplished for blacks?

white people, in general, are well meaning and they 'dont get it" because it is part of our culture that "we are equals" even though no men and no groups are ever really equal. So we go on with all this equality stuff, when it doesnt exist, and it never really existed. I don't know, at this point in my life, what exactly Jefferson meant by "all men are created equal" and I dont see things that way,. if anything, NO MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL, unless perhaps a set of identifical twins raised in the same family, exceptions which prove the rule. white people resent being called racist, but, white people are pretty dense at seeing how they have benefitted personally and historically from ethnic cohesion. its funny because sub-groups of white people who can see ethnicity in a way that is smaller than race, can oftentimes be really good at appreciating the advantages of ethnic solidarity. but in america, make ethnic solidarity into a racial thing, and you're playign with dynamite. if you're talking about white folks that is. so again, white people are forbidden that little thing too. the mexicans can talk about la raza, but whites who are in big trouble. so is it any surprise that white people seem so clueless about racial dynamics and what offends others? white people are taught their whole lifes long to ignore their own ethnic and racial group existence and to under-rate its importance as a social factor.

back to the equality idea. what is equal? take real estate. Is any real estate "equal?" No-- it's all different, because inherently, all real estate occupies a different location. No, men are not equal, because they are all different. That which is different, is not equal. And yet we have this phony premise at the core of our political narrative that says the opposite.

This does not mean that some men are better than others, but it damn sure means some are better off than others, or better capable to do XYZ task, or more or less suited to this or that environment-- but I really am not sure where I see the equality in human existence other than the usual range of human concerns being somewhat similar. ie, we all feel, think, adapt, struggle, feel pain and affection and so forth. There are similarities, in other words, but similarities combined with differences does not necessarily make it self evident that men are equal.

Thats another contrarian thought I have that I am going to freely say to people as we slouch forward to another Independence Day.

Last edited:

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    This is a freedom issue. Paula Deen can be however she wants and she has whatever past she has. The Food Network exists based on its advertisers who exist based on consumers. The FN made a business decision in a highly competitive market.

I don't think the evidence is enough for me to boycott Paula Deen as a racist, so I'll still buy her products if I want them, but that's an individual choice.

There's no victim here, just people exercising their freedom.

Top Bottom