• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    Any idea where you were when you got bit? Asleep?, outside working?.... Did you know you had been bitten when it happened? Now I don't want that good ole' burnt brat off the grill for the 4th.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I was bit by something about 25 years ago, got me on top of my foot, it swelled, turned into what looked like a bad bruise, but never actually opened up like that! Worst thing about it was I was bed ridden for several days, I mean I couldn't even raise my head off the pillow without getting violently nauseous. I remember my Dr. mentioning a brown recluse may have been the culprit, but the bite I had looked nothing like that.

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    Really glad you were able to keep your lower leg OP! Recluse bites can be fatal..but I'm sure you were aware of that already.

I was bitten by a Recluse on my right hand years ago and thought I would end up losing most of it, but fortunately my docs fought it aggressively just like yours have. Kept my hand, but still carry an interesting scar. Your scars will be much more extensive then mine are, and from the looks of it you're still not out of the woods yet. Don't push it when you do go back to work!

Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    No man, beast or insect could handle more than one bite of the OP, I'm sure the spider died instantly after biting him. OP is tougher than iron and had an incredible sense of humor through the whole ordeal. Glad you are on the upswing, brother.

dave29

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Lawrenceburg
    Wow, that's a bad one. I got bit by a brown recluse (that's what doctors think anyway), a few years ago, right on the shin. Due to where I was bit, there was not much "meat" for it to spread in to right away. Skin turned black for about a 2" diameter and was put on oral antibiotics for 20 days. Mine did open up, but nothing like yours. Hurt like hell and left a little dime sized black scare. Your's is going to leave a serious mark. Crazy man.

1861navy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2013
    Damn man that's brutal. A few years ago my buddy got bit by one in the left side under his ribs. It ate deep and he had a hole that was filled with 3 ft. Of gauze. There's nothing like being able to see the insides of your friend while they are right next to you. ****ing disgusting these spiders are.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I was asleep, I felt a slight sting, scratched with my toe, fell back asleep. Woke up a little later. Scratched again with toe, scab fell off..
    No blood

Fell back asleep

Woke up a few hours later puking my guts up

That freaks me out. Seriously. It was in your bed???????

I don't think I'm sleeping tonight....

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Click on thread..............

fainting-lady-o.gif

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Those recluse bites are always amazing. Down south, it seems like we hear more about them than up here, but they're obviously around. The reason why the call them recluses is they like to hide in dark, out of the way places. I've heard about them getting into beds before. I know people that sprinkle Sevin dust (I think that's what it was) around each bed leg, at the floor level, to help reduce that likelihood. I've also heard about them getting up into gloves that you may have left laying on your work bench and shoes laying on the floor, in your dark closet.

OP, I'm glad you're on the mend.

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    Get it took care of, guy I worked with had a slab of meat as big as a 12 oz steak cut off his leg,they first thought he had a flesh eating diaese.Good luck to ya.
    turned out to be a brown recluse bite.

Top Bottom