• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    No man, beast or insect could handle more than one bite of the OP, I'm sure the spider died instantly after biting him. OP is tougher than iron and had an incredible sense of humor through the whole ordeal. Glad you are on the upswing, brother.

We shall get together soon my brocephus

Your unholy alliance concerns me. I am . . . suspicious.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    The good news, if you can call it that, is that the second time you get bitten, it's not nearly as bad as the first. I had a hole in my leg the first time, that is still there. The second bite, this spring, just left some scarring on my arm, but no deep holes.

caverjamie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Dubois Co.
    Never been bitten by one. But...I know of two buildings that had them. Both times, there were more than one...quite a few actually when you started carefully looking. Makes me wonder if you don't have more where that one came from - might want to fumigate? It's exactly like everyone says though, they were hiding in dark cool places, under or behind stuff sitting around, against the walls, etc.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    While working in the irrigation industry, I once got the nerve-wracking experience of crawling under someone's ~30x40 back deck to fix a broken zone line that we couldn't get to from the outside. Normally, I'm not too worried about spiders, though spider webs are really annoying to crawl through... After I was done, I got my phone out and tracked down what kind of spiders (don't know how many, but at least 3-4 dozen spread out under there) I'd been sharing territory with. Had to take a quick seat when I ID'd them as brown recluses. Thank God above they weren't aggressive, but backed away from me as I crawled through. If I was a cat, I think that would've used up at least 7, maybe 8 of my lives right there.

Seeing the pics above makes me think back on that afternoon and shudder. Repeatedly.

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    I don't know that I've ever seen a Brown Recluse in person. I normally don't care too much about spiders, (they only freak me out sometimes when they catch me off guard), but just the idea of Brown Recluses scares the **** out of me.

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    Anything that rotted must stink. You've lost your sense of smell...:)
    What Rhino said.....

I was doused and dosed with tons of antibiotics. No one's nose curled or gagged. Thankfully it didn't get deep into tissue. The doc and wound nurse had their noses right up there. LOL. Of course, they could be used to it.

I don't smell too good and I also don't smell too good.

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    AAAAAAARGH!!
    Brown-recluse-coin-edit.jpg

Top Bottom