• ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Lesson Learned from This Topic:

When one encounters a brown recluse spider, the debate over magazine capacity, carrying additional magazines, and multiple guns becomes moot. You see one of those things, you need to start shooting and keep shooting until you put it down. Then shoot it some more. Then stab it. Repeatedly. The stomp on it for about ten minutes, douse it in gasoline, and set it on fire. The nuke it from orbit, just to be sure.

Then shoot it some more. You'll need more than a 5-shot revolver for this.

1861navy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2013

When one encounters a brown recluse spider, the debate over magazine capacity, carrying additional magazines, and multiple guns becomes moot. You see one of those things, you need to start shooting and keep shooting until you put it down. Then shoot it some more. Then stab it. Repeatedly. The stomp on it for about ten minutes, douse it in gasoline, and set it on fire. The nuke it from orbit, just to be sure.

Quoted for truth.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy

You really wanna **** it off........

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    I have been bitten by brown recluse spiders about 3 times and none have looked that bad. Mine were more like zits on steroids. One got infected and the secondary infection was worse than the bite.

That is a bad one.

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    I have been bitten by brown recluse spiders about 3 times and none have looked that bad. Mine were more like zits on steroids. One got infected and the secondary infection was worse than the bite.

That is a bad one.

For whatever reason, they think mine hit the lymph system and spread. Fortunately there wa no damage below the epidermis

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

I was getting some wood out of the woodpile and surprised one...The only time I ever felt my J frame wasn't enough...Now when I go to the woodpile I have a snake charmer .410 in the ready position...

I never got a shot off but I never approach that woodpile with the same devil may care attitude I used too....That **&&%$^% scared the crap out of me....

bartonmd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Mooresville/Camby

That is a bad one.

The BR doesn't make a ton of venom, so it tries not to dump it into something that it's not going to eat, unless it is backed into a corner. A lot of the bites from adult BR spiders are "dry" or only contain a very small amount of venom. One that thinks it is being attacked (you roll over in bed and squish or nearly squish it) or a baby that has the same powerful venom, but no ability to control how much it dumps, are what typically give the full-on bites like this.

Mike

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I have always defended the spiders around my home from hysterical females, and a teenaged son, who despite outward appearance, turn into a female in the presence of spiders.

No more. If it's any thicker than a daddy longlegs, it dies.:ar15:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Will your morbid sense of curiosity allow that?

Obviously I can't answer that question since you are on my IGNORE list.

And the only thing morbid about me is my obesity, thank you very much. Well, I might make a comment like that if I could read your message and respond to it, but I can't since you're on my IGNORE list.

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    I have always defended the spiders around my home from hysterical females, and a teenaged son, who despite outward appearance, turn into a female in the presence of spiders.

No more. If it's any thicker than a daddy longlegs, it dies.:ar15:

Show no mercy!

I no longer have to put the silvadene or xeroform on the wound. I still have to keep it compressed

Top Bottom