• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Let's figure out where we are going to eat after our INGO training day on June 14th. I don't know that side of town at all. Dinner will be open to everyone... not just class members so hopefully we can put some more faces to screen names.

I asked sjstill for some suggestions

The Boathouse Grill
    Mexican place around the corner at Lafayette & 56th
    All kinds of places down on 38th

What do you guys think?

22rssix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   2
    Mar 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I will have to look at the event details to see if my schedule allows for anything.

I want to add about the choice of dinner..

I was at the boathouse two weeks ago and the service was great. However one of my co-workers had a cheese steak hogie. well the cheese was green. I am not sure if it was just an oversite of the kitchen but I am not sure if I would eat there again.

-James

22rssix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   2
    Mar 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    They took what was left of his food. he got 1/2 way through the hogie. He told them that they may want to check all the food. he didn't make a big deal of it but it looked like he wanted to puke.

All they said was sorry and they took it off of our bill.

They did give him a free slice of cake.

This was a crazy luch hour. They were busy and we had a reservation for 25 people so they were slammed. so I am sure the kitchen was busy, but you would think that they would keep an eye on the expiration/spoilage of the food no matter what.

I would also watch the max and ermas on 71st street/465 and intech blvd. I was there on friday. My g/f got a ruben and when she picked it up off the plate some strage fiber was between the sandwich and the plate. it looked like a plastic bristle from a brush. The service wasnt all that great either. They did replace the ruben with a new one, she ordered it different than the 1st time so it wasn't a replate type of deal. they also took her meal off of the bill as well.

Last edited:

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    Ewwww Kirk, raw fish?? How can you guys eat that stuff? Why not just raid a goldfish bowl or somethin!

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Isn't that a bit of a haul from ECPR. I don't mind driving but I think we have people coming from out of town who might want to grab something close to where the class was held and than split.

Yes.....

What about Rock Bottom on 86th? They might even be able to set aside part of a room for the group of us if we let them know a few days in advance how many to plan for.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    Isn't that a bit of a haul from ECPR. I don't mind driving but I think we have people coming from out of town who might want to grab something close to where the class was held and than split.

Why yes, yes it is.... 13.1 miles according to google.
    For some reason I thought it was a lot closer than that. I retract my previous suggestion.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    So how about The Boathouse Grill and we will just keep our eye out for green cheese.

I have never been there but I hear good things. (mostly)

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    So how about The Boathouse Grill and we will just keep our eye out for green cheese.

I've never heard of it, and green cheese scares me...

What happened to the pizza hut or chili's idea? :D

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN

Boathouse Grill is good food. I have had a variety of food from there and never had anything that wasn't good (okay, their ice tea sucked one time).

They are kind of a sports bar, so it might be 21+ only. So the kiddos might not be allowed in.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom