• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Was in the area so I stopped by the boat house today. Doesn't look like we could get a big table that would fit a bunch of people unless there is a back room?

There's a basement conference room. But I think it's probably $$$$.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    +1 Boathouse (sushi also too expensive

Boathouse ain't cheap.

Squealer's on 86th is good, and it's really not that far... just up Lafayette Rd, then jog over and up Zionsville Rd...

Lot's of other good stuff at 86th, also at 71st.

Squealers, Arbys, Taco Bell, Philadelphia Steak and Fries, Abuelos, Quiznos, and a half dozen others I can't remember.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    In it's defense... Squealers is EXCELLENT BBQ. We have one down in Mooresville not too far from the Mrs. and I. Excellent Eats, and not expensive at all.

Oh wait... forgot... Shay's a vegeterian.

HiRoller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Indianapolis East
    Last time I ate at Squealers I Squealed all the way to the toilet !!! Mr. Gyro's on 38th St. is good for the Money. Big Azz Gyro, Fries and a Drink for 6 bucks. Many menu items tho.

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    Last time I ate at Squealers I Squealed all the way to the toilet !!! Mr. Gyro's on 38th St. is good for the Money. Big Azz Gyro, Fries and a Drink for 6 bucks. Many menu items tho.
    Yep. We eat at Gyro's all the time. I like their shrimp basket.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Why do you prefer UJ? Don't like BBQ?

Union Jack seems to have a pretty diverse menu. There would surely be something for almost any taste. It has a very relaxed, pub-type atmosphere and it is under21 friendly. There's that, and the fact that I LOVE their Tabasco pizza....

HiRoller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Indianapolis East
    Union Jack seems to have a pretty diverse menu. There would surely be something for almost any taste. It has a very relaxed, pub-type atmosphere and it is under21 friendly. There's that, and the fact that I LOVE their Tabasco pizza....
    Union Jacks probably have the best pizza in Indiana, I think NBO in Wannamaker is # 2

Dave

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    Carmel
    I think Union Jacks would be good! The only problem is I think it is all booths and not really a great setting for a bunch of people to get together and meet

Last edited:

indyninja

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    what about BW3s. There is one right around there in Speedway. you could push tables together. wings, burgers, beer etc

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    Mike, Does this have to be real close to Eagle Creek?

The reason I ask is, while I understand folks may travel down to meet the group, that shouldn't prevent us from selecting the "best" location wherever that is.

I suspect if we go up to 86th street, we're likely to find a LOT more options than if we try to stick around 56th and Lafayette.

There's a Chilies, rock bottom, squeelers, and a pile of other joints up there. Even a Denny's off of Michigan ;) Some of those joints will be easier than others to get a table for 12-20 in.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    No it doesn't. I thought close would be convenient but at this point I don't care.

Mike, Does this have to be real close to Eagle Creek?

The reason I ask is, while I understand folks may travel down to meet the group, that shouldn't prevent us from selecting the "best" location wherever that is.

I suspect if we go up to 86th street, we're likely to find a LOT more options than if we try to stick around 56th and Lafayette.

There's a Chilies, rock bottom, squeelers, and a pile of other joints up there. Even a Denny's off of Michigan ;) Some of those joints will be easier than others to get a table for 12-20 in.

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    Famous Dave's BBQ off of 465/Michigan isn't too bad. Plenty of tables to be pushed together too.

Not sure how that would work for Shay the Non-Meat eater though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom