• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I am thinking that the most reasonable way to answer this question is to give Bob a call tomorrow. I can't understand why he would move when the space next to him seems to host businesses with relatively short times and he could in the past and likely could in the future pick up extra room if he needed it.

gfry12

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Plainfield
    They are there for a least another year. The owner of the building is tearing down the building next year. (this is what I have heard)

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Would be nice to see them get into a bigger space, if the prices stay low. PSS is not a place I go to browse, check out accessories, etc but is a place I go to buy firearms. Would like to see them get into a bigger space, but realize that often brings more overhead. There are definitely nicer shops in the area, but at least on what I purchase as it relates to firearms only (not accessories), they are the cheapest. Some of the nicer shops are close in price but not as low.

Other shops in the area also don't offer what Bob does on trades.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Would be nice to see them get into a bigger space, if the prices stay low. PSS is not a place I go to browse, check out accessories, etc but is a place I go to buy firearms. Would like to see them get into a bigger space, but realize that often brings more overhead. There are definitely nicer shops in the area, but at least on what I purchase as it relates to firearms only (not accessories), they are the cheapest. Some of the nicer shops are close in price but not as low.

Other shops in the area also don't offer what Bob does on trades.

This, and there's only one Bob!

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I've bought my last two M&P's through Bob. If he gets a bigger shop, then maybe the barfly's won't be breathing down my neck kibitzing and listening in on my background check phone call. :)

partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Rumor is they are moving next to Speedway Auto Parts in the strip mall in front of Burlington Coat Factory. The new building is another 2000 square feet over the current location.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Man; Bob always has the best prices in town. I sure hope moving to a larger location will not have a negative impact on prices.
    There is only one Bob. I took a young cousin to PSS a couple of days ago so he could check out G19's. Bob took the time to explain to him in detail how the Glock works. My young cousin was very impressed with Bob.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Man; Bob always has the best prices in town. I sure hope moving to a larger location will not have a negative impact on prices.
    There is only one Bob. I took a young cousin to PSS a couple of days ago so he could check out G19's. Bob took the time to explain to him in detail how the Glock works. My young cousin was very impressed with Bob.

:yesway:

Very true that there is only one Bob! There is a reason why the last time I bought a new gun, I drove almost four hours for the sole purpose of buying that gun from Bob.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    +1 for Bob! More space would be nice. When it gets crowded in there it can be tough to move around.

And it does get crowded. The visit I mentioned above was last Friday, the first day of the Indy 1500 and Bob's was jammed packed. The difference between the crowds at Bob's and the 1500 is the crowd in Bob's is polite.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    And it does get crowded. The visit I mentioned above was last Friday, the first day of the Indy 1500 and Bob's was jammed packed. The difference between the crowds at Bob's and the 1500 is the crowd in Bob's is polite.

I see it as a community thing, in addition to Bob having his ways of dealing with things. The bottom line is that I can go to Bob's any time and while I may not know people's names, at minimum most of the faces are familiar.

Top Bottom