Please keep it holstered when open carrying.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    NHE-17708_300.gif

Found this HERE

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    I think there should also be a training session @ Rural King for employees to know at least a little something about what they are selling especially the one in Bloomington. The last time I was in there, the employees knew next to nothing about firearms. When I asked about all the scratches on their "new" guns, the employee had no idea about what I was talking about. I quickly pointed out 5 pistols with all sorts of nicks and scratches on them. Sorry, but I'm not buying a beat up pistol that looks used. What sickened me the most was that 2 of the pistols were a MK25 and Kimber Pro Carry II.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    You know. I understand your frustration. But I don't like these threads on this forum which seem to indicate that it's INGO members that's doing the unholstering, or whatever is the complaint of the day. Good job for schooling us, you told us! We sure deserve to be talked to like that. I guess.

I didn't take it that way. :dunno:

I didn't take it that way either. No disrespect Mackey but usually the first person to say "I never do that" or "Why are you including me in that" look guilty. :dunno:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Nobody said it was only OC's. I carry both ways and have respect for people to carry anyway they want. Why do you feel the need to defend OC for no reason?

Nobody? The OP exclusively referenced open carriers for some unknown reason.

How did you miss that?

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    If you display your gun, you are no longer concealing it, so this issue only applies to OC.

That would be a stretch.

When one is handling their gun, it matters not how it was carried prior to the handling, whether hidden or not.

When they unholster, they've not switched to OC, rather they've switched to gun handling.

Flaregun

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    I agree with the OP. Keep it holstered, even at a gun shop unless you absolutely need to get help with an accessory or component that they sell. If I worked a counter at the farm store I would have no problem telling you to holster it or leave.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Let's all agree that there are certain personal things, usually found below the waist, that you shouldn't play with in public. It's just not polite.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    Wow just WOW :wow:
    How do you think it is a good idea for any tard to pull a loaded gun in a setting like Rural King for show and tell :dunno:

You obviously didn't comprehend my statement. Let's try this again. I don't need an employee of Rural King to tell me about how unsafe it is to unholster a loaded gun in a public setting. I already know it is unsafe. 10-4;)

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Everyone knows I work in the firearm section at Rural King. We always have those that open carry their firearm, which I have no problems with because I do it myself. But come on people, please keep it holstered when your in public. There is no need to pull it out and show and tell. We can all see it from where its at. Nothing gets me going more than some idiot taking his gun out of the holster and showing someone and then handing the gun to them without taking the magazine out and ejecting the chambered one. Customers are there to look at the new guns, not your own piece. Have some common sense, thank you.

Wow. Just wow. That really deserves a personal invitation to leave the premises.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    That would be a stretch.

When one is handling their gun, it matters not how it was carried prior to the handling, whether hidden or not.

When they unholster, they've not switched to OC, rather they've switched to gun handling.

Exactly. Stupid is stupid, has nothing to do with oc v cc.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Come on. We all know CC'ers never unholster their firearms.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Nobody? The OP exclusively referenced open carriers for some unknown reason.

How did you miss that?

I see nowhere in his post where he said ONLY, JUST or anything that said OC's ONLY PERIOD!!!!! He was referencing what he has seen only. Get over the everybody is hating me because I open carry.

Top Bottom