• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Yep. I wont put anything gun related on my car. I dont want the target that screams "HEY LOOK AT ME!" . Its just as bad as the little ring your GPS leaves behind when you remove the suction cup mount from your windshield. They assume you stuffed it in the center console, etc and go after it.

Never thought about that... I guess I don't have that mindset though haha terrible what people do! I like putting a few different things on my vehicle but none of mine are easily recognizable. i.e. I don't have a glock sticker or S&W sticker etc. I am not a big fan of "stickers" on vehicles anyways, but I have a DU plate for example.

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    I bet the above posts are really going to help the INGO sticker and hat sales!!! LOL Not only will we get you shot and robbed but we'll also get your car broken into! Any one you out there want to confess to already being shot or robbed due to your INGO items and just didn't want to tell anyone out of embarrassment???

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I was carrying in the PNC at 10th and Shadeland today with no problems. Jacket over my G19 in a serpa with no troubles. Although the manager caught a glimpse of it as I was walking out and reaching for my keys. Either that or he noticed my bulge... He wasnt looking me in the eye and his facial expression was entertaining. :gheyhi::):

ryang

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    I have banked with PNC since they bought out National City and have never had a problem. Actually used my LTCH as a form of identification after having my wallet stolen at PNC.

When I was at college, there were these metal detectors and double door system in the branch on the south side of South Bend however I never had any real problems with it. I always set it off, often OCing and just had to wait at most 15 seconds. When I was buzzed in the people from the offices on the right normally came out and stood in the lobby until I left however they were always friendly and sometimes good for a nice conversation if I had the time. I've been told that those are purely because of the area it is in and meant to deter a crime from happening if possible. (The one person at a time system could make it tougher on a group of robbers I'm guessing?)

Regardless of the reasoning, the biggest complaint I can say I've had is a 15 second wait to get buzzed in (when both tellers were busy anyway) not too bad in my opinion.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Are you saying thugs dont notice cues about which cars are possibly more profitable than others?

I'm saying, I know dozens of people with NRA or other gun stickers on their cars that haven't had their cars broken into, over the course of decades.
    I've known people that have had crappy $500 cars broken into at the mall, and only had pocket change stolen from them.
    Who knows what they look at.
    I'm sure they don't all look at the same things.

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    If I tried that, they'd be like "How will we ever survive without your massive two-digit bank account!?"

Fractional Reserve banking allows them to turn a two digit deposit into... essentially they get to turn all those small accounts into funny money they can loan and charge interest, late fees, over credit limits and on and on... ;)
    If enough people pull their small accounts it will affect their ability to create large accounts through credit and other banking products. The savings and loan scandals from the 80's and 90's showed how easily it was to blow that house of cards over. The recent bailout drove the point home but few truly are awake enough to see that it's all an illusion backed on faith.
    Money and banking are the biggest faith based "religion" known to man.

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    I'm saying, I know dozens of people with NRA or other gun stickers on their cars that haven't had their cars broken into, over the course of decades.
    I've known people that have had crappy $500 cars broken into at the mall, and only had pocket change stolen from them.
    Who knows what they look at.
    I'm sure they don't all look at the same things.

Most lower life criminals know enough to stay away from the truly wealthy people and their belongings because the police actually have the resources in their communities to solve crimes committed against them. Steal all the nissan or Chevy cars you want just leave the Lamborghini alone.lol
    It is just easier to get away with robbing the common folk, which brings us back to the metal detector as a deterrent to the thugs that choose the low hanging fruit.
    Smash and grabs are targets of opportunity and some people tend to just make things easier by by leaving things in plain sight and telling their "friends" where they hide the good stuff.

gamer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2015
    Fort Wayne
    Being a former employee of PNC for over 8 years I can tell you that the metal detectors are placed in branches that experience a high volume of robberies. They are a huge inconvenience for customers and staff. But they are effective at deterring robbery. You can still carry inside the bank but several pairs of eyes will be focused on you.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Update:

I totally forgot about this and stopped in while carrying to cash a check. I opened the outer door and as soon as I saw the sign about one at a time I remembered. Crap. Oh well, lets see how it goes.

Sure enough, The second I hit the metal detector the red light came on, the locks clicked and a buzzer beeped. Great. I stood in front of the locked door and apparently had a very annoyed look on my face, but the VERY lovely teller buzzed me right on through.

She was on the phone (and the only teller working) but as soon as she hung up she apologized for the inconvenience.

I did my business, no worries, no fuss, no big deal. Nobody grilling me as to my intentions while I stood in the box telling me to take it through the drive thru or disarm, none of that.

Annoying but not a big deal.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    So -
    Was she cute?
    Did you get her number?
    Does she have a hot sister?
    Did you get any pictures?

Come on - Don't leave us hanging....:dunno:

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    I've been through the same setup at PNC here in south bend before and never got locked in while carrying. Not sure what the difference was, but glad you didn't have any problems.

Kurr

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jefferson County
    I went into the PNC main branch in Clarksville Thursday , OC'd my 13.5" 1851, nobody gave me a second look, SUPER friendly staff there, very pleasant.

Top Bottom