• ...and so much more!
  • 1911 DeadHead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    NWI/ Crown Point
    Or maybe just a "I haven't had my coffee."

If I was to take pcp and go on a wild ride in a 1980 honda wiping out property and hitting pedestrians, would they be so lenient because I was on pcp? No. I made that choice to take the pcp. This ofgicer decides to take the choice of a second job and adding more stress in his life. And I would there would be some kind of labor laws for officers that they should be able to get 8 hours rest in a 24 hr period.

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    A language warning would have been nice.

Can a citation be issued for foul language in public in IN?

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Oh come on. Give the cop a break. After all, he has the most deadly job in the call America.

Well, not really. That would be fishermen.

Second deadliest?

Nope. Farmers, loggers and garbagemen have him beat too.

We'll go with rock solid at the bottom of the top ten deadliest.

Cut him some slack.

Last edited:

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    Is it illegal to record in texas without consent?

Not that it really matters in terms of common decency, but in court.

Illinois is the only state left, of the two party consent states, that are arresting people (successfully) for videoing police. This is mainly due to the fact that everyone so far has plead to misdemeanor charges in order to avoid a felony prosecution. There is at least one, possibly two cases now going to court that may change this in IL.

All the other "two party" states have had court cases where the state courts have said the two party consent does NOT apply to public officials in the performance of their duties.

Bang-bang

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Indy/Homeplace/Carmel
    Wow from what I saw ,it's a bad Cop, I don't care if he's working long hours. Got a badge?, the people have rights!! Please remove LEO from duty he is a BAD COP. He needes charges added to his resume.

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    I can explain it.... :)

I bet you a donut the officer is working security at the store following a 3-11p shift on the street. Put yourself in his shoes for a minute. Your Standin outside the exit doors for a breath of fresh air and along comes two upstanding and respectful gentleman that stops 15' away from you. They pull out a cell phone and start recording in your direction saying, "we in the mother f***ing parking lot of Walmart."

The first words out of the cops mouth were to quit videoing him. Also asking for ID when not necessary, and pulling a taser to make his point? I am from Texas originally and know that the area he is in is rough and yes he may be in a high stress job. That is no excuse, i was in combat arms in the military, it was our job to get shot at. Is that a good excuse for the guy that just killed a bunch of civilians in Afghanistan?

If i had a highly stressful day behind the wheel of semi one day could i run through a line of traffic and say" oh i just had a 14 hour day and was stressed" and it be ok?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I can explain it.... :)

These are two young men with nothing to do. They intentionally set out to get a reaction from the copper standing outside the exit doors. The copper took the bait and their mission was a success. Now this has become another "isolated incident" folks can get on the Internet and complain about.

I bet you a donut the officer is working security at the store following a 3-11p shift on the street. Put yourself in his shoes for a minute. Your Standin outside the exit doors for a breath of fresh air and along comes two upstanding and respectful gentleman that stops 15' away from you. They pull out a cell phone and start recording in your direction saying, "we in the mother f***ing parking lot of Walmart."

Not an everyday common occurrence, at least not in my experience. I don't want to deal with punks setting out to intentionally provoke a reaction. Especially, following a shift and having dealt with real punks all day.

I don't know about that. I didn't seem to me that they were out to get a response. I think that guy was just looking for someone to beat up on.

However, I'm not a 100% sure that soup sammich actually IS a police officer. Neither of the local agencies (Sherriff/PD) say he's one of them. If he is, well his membership in the JBT hall of fame is secured.

stchas

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Terrible Haute
    I don't know. Obviously Barney Fife over reacted but it, to me, looks like they were hoping for some kind of reaction. Plus the kid in the hoodie looked to run interference and put his hand on the officer, isn't that considered assault? I'm asking because I don't know.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I don't know. Obviously Barney Fife over reacted but it, to me, looks like they were hoping for some kind of reaction. Plus the kid in the hoodie looked to run interference and put his hand on the officer, isn't that considered assault? I'm asking because I don't know.

In the purest sense, no. The officer's action were IMO illegal. The friend who is a 3rd party is being reasonable in his actions. I will say DON'T EVER do what that kid did. If the officer was acting legally within the scope of his duties, then yes it would be battery.

And I'm missing out on the whole "looking for a reaction" part (not that makes any difference). When I see other guys who are looking for a "reaction," they are literally 5 inches away from the face of a officer. These guys were quite a ways away when they started filming.

stchas

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Terrible Haute
    In the purest sense, no. The officer's action were IMO illegal. The friend who is a 3rd party is being reasonable in his actions. I will say DON'T EVER do what that kid did. If the officer was acting legally within the scope of his duties, then yes it would be battery.

And I'm missing out on the whole "looking for a reaction" part (not that makes any difference). When I see other guys who are looking for a "reaction," they are literally 5 inches away from the face of a officer. These guys were quite a ways away when they started filming.

I get that, maybe it's just the way I'm seeing it. The officer said don't film me, which they very well might not have been, but they immediately put him in frame. They put him in frame a third time when they move to finish whatever they were doing. Like I said, it could just be the way I'm interpreting the video.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I get that, maybe it's just the way I'm seeing it. The officer said don't film me, which they very well might not have been, but they immediately put him in frame. They put him in frame a third time when they move to finish whatever they were doing. Like I said, it could just be the way I'm interpreting the video.

And I could be just as guilty. No one knows their motives but themselves.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Looked to me like they were'nt intentionally trying to put him in the frame originally but they started to do so only after he addressed them and then when he started going out of bounds and got all cartman on them.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    :46 seconds into the video guy #2 holds out his hand. He did not reach to touch rent a cop. The hand was swatted away. I'm not sure that can be considered touching after what security did at :35 seconds where he grabs at the camera.

And it does look more like a scruffy security guard. No offense to any scruffy LEOs we have on here. ;)

Top Bottom