• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    Hello from Indiana Self Defense. My name is Walt and my wife is Kristeena. Our shop is self defense by it's true defenition - preservation of life (food, water, shelter, warmth and personal protection) in other words without coming out and saying it we are a preppers shop. We are just getting started so we are small now but our invintory is growing and we alwayse adding new items. We are FFL and yes we do transfers for internet orders and person to person. We are Glock Stocking Dealers and my wife is getting ready to go to Glock Armor School. We build custom ARs to suit your personal needs and will special order any firearm you need. Since most firearms we sell are special order we have deals with several distributors to have first grab at the hard to find items. Just let us know and we will get it for you. We cary everything from waterproof matches to firearms. If we do not have what you need we will special order anything. We help design water collection and storage systems for free and will install for a very reasonable price. Our goal is to educate and supply people with all their needs. Soon we will be starting having an after hours private meetings for preppers to get to gether and share information and help each other. Your input is always welcome.You can find us at 8017 E. Washington St. Indianapolis 46219. Our phone number is 317-534-0571. Or contact us at sales@indianaselfdefense.com or www.facebook.com/IndianaSelfDefense.
    Thank You
    Walt

gvsugod

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   1
    Mar 19, 2012
    SW Indianapolis
    Hello from Indiana Self Defense. My name is Walt and my wife is Kristeena. Our shop is self defense by it's true defenition - preservation of life (food, water, shelter, warmth and personal protection) in other words without coming out and saying it we are a preppers shop. We are just getting started so we are small now but our invintory is growing and we alwayse adding new items. We are FFL and yes we do transfers for internet orders and person to person. We are Glock Stocking Dealers and my wife is getting ready to go to Glock Armor School. We build custom ARs to suit your personal needs and will special order any firearm you need. Since most firearms we sell are special order we have deals with several distributors to have first grab at the hard to find items. Just let us know and we will get it for you. We cary everything from waterproof matches to firearms. If we do not have what you need we will special order anything. We help design water collection and storage systems for free and will install for a very reasonable price. Our goal is to educate and supply people with all their needs. Soon we will be starting having an after hours private meetings for preppers to get to gether and share information and help each other. Your input is always welcome.You can find us at 8017 E. Washington St. Indianapolis 46219. Our phone number is 317-534-0571. Or contact us at sales@indianaselfdefense.com or www.facebook.com/IndianaSelfDefense.
    Thank You
    Walt

Thanks for the info! I will be by soon!

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    My wife and I stopped by the store today. The owner was actually in the process of posting here. It seems like it's going to be a good place to go. Hopefully business is good enough inventory will grow quickly. We will be back soon.

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    I look forward to getting a chance to stop in and check out your place. Always a good thing to meet potentially like minded folks!

XDLover

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Delaware County
    Thank You
    Walt

Welcome aboard Walt and Kristeena. Thanks for posting up this info, we do need more of this stuff out there! Hopefully sometime I can get down and make a purchase from your store!

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    Sorry for the inconvenience today but we will be open tomorrow without a problem. We will unfortunately be closed Friday (7/27) again for the same reason, after this we will be back to normal operation. I am going to try to be at the shop Friday by 5pm and stay until atleast 8pm or later if all goes well. In responce to "what are your hours" our hours are Monday thru Saturday 12 - 6 and sunday 12 - 4. If you cannot make it before we close just call (317-534-0571) and let us know. We will stay late and wait for you. We pride ourselves on service and enjoy having our shop to help others.
    Thank You,
    Walt
    Indiana Self Defense

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    A friend of mine and I are going to try and stop by tomorrow. I don't have spending cash at the moment but want to check you guys out for when I do.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Went in with a buddy today and met another ingoer.

Nice shop has a lot of potential for sure prices are ballpark of what others places are at from what I could see.

Apparently this thread has got them some business, told her who I was and thought she was going to fall over haha.

Yo guys should defenetly look into becoming a site sponsor.

P.s this business run by like minded people from what I can tell... Not just someone who sees a market.

FFJakeT

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Tac Dave, that INGO'er was me! nice store, nice people. I am new to prepping, so idk cost versus others, but I will support them. stopped in yesterday to check it out while I was on the east side.

Crocodator

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 6, 2012
    Hancock County
    I was just down there on Sunday afternoon and completely missed this place. I'll need to stop in sometime soon and take a look. Like everyone else I rarely get out of a place like that without spending something, so I'm sure we will all do our bit to help them get started!

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I was just down there on Sunday afternoon and completely missed this place. I'll need to stop in sometime soon and take a look. Like everyone else I rarely get out of a place like that without spending something, so I'm sure we will all do our bit to help them get started!

If you see the olive garden turn in there between it and the yellow building.

On the prices I just looked up a few items online and compared prices after shipping.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I bought their last UTG bag/Pack for my truck. Walt said he's going to order a bunch more in.

There are others there, but this one should work very well for what I'm using it for. Priced as well as anyone on the net.

LINK

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    I just wanted to give a quick thanks to all the INGO members that have been stopping by. You guys have helped us allot. I also have to say you are all some of the nicest people I've met and have enjoyed being able to have open conversations with like minded people. we enjoy the company even if your just stopping in. I've been tryin t find the how to be a site supporter all week, Thanks to an INGO visitor today I now feel allot better I have that taken care of, Thanks.
    I have been working on setting up the meetings and I think it will be the first Thursday of every month. I would also like to start a forum for the shop on INGO. If any one knows if and or how I can do this I would appreciate the help.
    Thanks,
    Walt

PS UTG bags restock on Tuesday.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I just wanted to give a quick thanks to all the INGO members that have been stopping by. You guys have helped us allot. I also have to say you are all some of the nicest people I've met and have enjoyed being able to have open conversations with like minded people. we enjoy the company even if your just stopping in. I've been tryin t find the how to be a site supporter all week, Thanks to an INGO visitor today I now feel allot better I have that taken care of, Thanks.
    I have been working on setting up the meetings and I think it will be the first Thursday of every month. I would also like to start a forum for the shop on INGO. If any one knows if and or how I can do this I would appreciate the help.
    Thanks,
    Walt

PS UTG bags restock on Tuesday.

Make a thread in the below link about your own forum and stuff, the mods are in there often.
    Forum Support / Suggestions - INGunOwners

For the get togethers the later the better for me, I dont have a set time to punch out at work most days in the summer it see like I dont get off till 6. Creating a thread with a pole on times might give you a good idea on what works for most.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    We will probably start at 6pm when we close and just see how late it runs. We'll start there and see how it goes. It will be BYOC (bring you own chair) for a while but we do have a coffee maker and I can get something to snack on. I'm going to get a White board for the shop and make it official. Worst case nobody shows up. Thanks for the input.

Top Bottom