• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I live like 5-10 minutes away from this store I have stopped in 3 times after work and all three times the place was closed. Two time it was between 4:45-5:00. Tonight I went by at 4:30 the open sign was on with one car out front. I proceeded down to the credit union on the far end of the parking lot to get some cash and when I returned the car was gone and the place was closed. Would really like to look around maybe even spend some money, but I doesn't seem to me that they are open till 6PM:dunno: very frustrating especially with some cash burning a hole in my pocket. Also would like to learn more about "prep"

Might call them ahead of time and let them know what time you will be there.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    We have finalized a date and time for our meetings. They will be on the first Thursday of every month starting September 6th. We will start at 6pm when the store closes and go until we are done. I will have coffee ans some type of snack. All you need to bring is your chair, ideas to share and any questions you have. Free thinking is welcome and wanted.
    I have also a lot of people new to prepping so we are looking into starting some classes on "Go Bags" and general prepping for beginners. The goal will be to give them a knowledgable foundation and then move them into the monthly meetings. Cost would be the same as the meetings, FREE.
    I would like any input you have on these as I'm kind of just winging setting these up. I'm looking foreward to the first meeting and hoping we can continue this and will as long as people are interested.
    I would also like to apologize for yesterday and a couple of days during last week when we were closed early, My wife runs the shop thru the week and has not been well lately. She is getting better and this should not be a problem anymore. If business keeps increasing we are planning to expand the hours to 8pm. That was the original hours but due to lack of sales we had to cut back or we would not be there now. THANK YOU INGO AND ALL OF IT'S MEMBERS. You have saved our business.
    Thank You,
    Walt

Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    True. The narrow walkpath is grown over with weeds and littered with broken bottles and garbage, but I've made a few trips over and have yet to get a puncture.

Cutting through business parking lots and trailer-park areas is not my thing, but it's better than trying to ride on washington street around there.
    I just ride directly on washington itself as its soo wide theres been little issue

12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there
    Might call them ahead of time and let them know what time you will be there.

I think I may have caught them when some family issues were happeining. Stopped in the other evening and the lady was there. Bought a soft case for one of my AR's and talked about getting a mag. extension to try for my model36. Good to have a place like that on the east side. Hope they make it and get more inventory. I will be going back with some more cash in my pocket to get some things.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Walt, You should put your stores address/hours/contact info in your signature here, that way I don't have to keep looking it up when I attempt to make a trip there ;).

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    I will put the address and info below but I like that Idea. As soon as I figure out how I will put the store address as my location to make things easier.
    Thanks for the input,
    Walt

8017 E. Washington St
    Indianapolis, In 46219.
    317-534-0571
    facebook.com/IndianaSelfDefense

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I think I may have caught them when some family issues were happeining. Stopped in the other evening and the lady was there. Bought a soft case for one of my AR's and talked about getting a mag. extension to try for my model36. Good to have a place like that on the east side. Hope they make it and get more inventory. I will be going back with some more cash in my pocket to get some things.

I am waiting for the special forces medic books to be in and I will be back in with more cash.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    We have finalized a date and time for our meetings. They will be on the first Thursday of every month starting September 6th. We will start at 6pm when the store closes and go until we are done. I will have coffee ans some type of snack. All you need to bring is your chair, ideas to share and any questions you have. Free thinking is welcome and wanted.
    I have also a lot of people new to prepping so we are looking into starting some classes on "Go Bags" and general prepping for beginners. The goal will be to give them a knowledgable foundation and then move them into the monthly meetings. Cost would be the same as the meetings, FREE.
    I would like any input you have on these as I'm kind of just winging setting these up. I'm looking foreward to the first meeting and hoping we can continue this and will as long as people are interested.
    I would also like to apologize for yesterday and a couple of days during last week when we were closed early, My wife runs the shop thru the week and has not been well lately. She is getting better and this should not be a problem anymore. If business keeps increasing we are planning to expand the hours to 8pm. That was the original hours but due to lack of sales we had to cut back or we would not be there now. THANK YOU INGO AND ALL OF IT'S MEMBERS. You have saved our business.
    Thank You,
    Walt

Sounds like a good time I look forward to seeing the shop and meeting fellow INGOers on the 6th of September. Walt, you should definitely look into becoming a site supporter, and/or advertiser. Glad to see we have a store like this in Indy!

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    Sorry to do this but we will be closed Saturday and Sunday because Our oldest Son is getting married. To make it up I just ordered a bunch of "Literature" including a certain medical book a friend of ours has heen waiting for. We will also be starting up Beginners Preppers and Go Bags classes in September. If this works out we will keep it going. Hopefully this will lead to longer store hours and I am saving up fo an advertizement on INGO. May have to wait until after the indy 1500 but hoping for sooner. Thanks for the input and support,
    Walt

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    I'm in
    May bring a couple other people also

Thank You,
    Walt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    Dorky_D - We have a limited supply of EDC pouches right now but I am hoping to order Condor before the end of the week.

TheRude1 - Everyone who is willing to share ideas and information is welcome. You just might want to remind them to bring a chair.

Thanks,
    Walt

Justin Case

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2012
    Brown County
    Stopped by the store today and picked up a case of Mainstay emergency food bars and a case of Mainstay emergency drinkng water to keep in our vehicles.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    rgoziner said:
    Do you sell ammo cans? If yes, what kinds for how much?

And if not, cheap ammo cans would be a great way to increase foot traffic ;).

rgoziner, sorry I havent put up enough posts for them to let me send private messages. This is also a question I think allot of others have to.

We currently carry the Plano dry boxes but we are planning to carry several sizes of GI metal cans (ammo and medical). It's one of our next investments once funding becomes available. We already have found a supplier, just working on the funding.
    Thanks,
    Walt

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Stopped by the store today and picked up a case of Mainstay emergency food bars and a case of Mainstay emergency drinkng water to keep in our vehicles.

How do those bars taste? They caught my eye and think they would do great in the trunk...

Walt, email me when you have it in, getting busy at work so may not be able to get items the day you get them.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Sorry to do this but we will be closed Saturday and Sunday because Our oldest Son is getting married. To make it up I just ordered a bunch of "Literature" including a certain medical book a friend of ours has heen waiting for. We will also be starting up Beginners Preppers and Go Bags classes in September. If this works out we will keep it going. Hopefully this will lead to longer store hours and I am saving up fo an advertizement on INGO. May have to wait until after the indy 1500 but hoping for sooner. Thanks for the input and support,
    Walt

Damn....i planned on coming by this weekend! O well maybe next weekend..tough for me to get there after work during week. You mentioned the 1500 in another post...will you be there?

Justin Case

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2012
    Brown County
    How do those bars taste? They caught my eye and think they would do great in the trunk...

Walt, email me when you have it in, getting busy at work so may not be able to get items the day you get them.

They're not bad. They taste a little like lemon flavored cookies. I had one last week that was 2 years past it's 5 year expiration date and it was still okay.

Edit: What I like about Mainstay bars and their water packets is you can leave them in your vehicle and just forget about them. They'll freeze in the winter, but it doesn't hurt them. The material they're wraped in can expand so they don't burst open when they freeze.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom