• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    How do you know this? If the average age of death is 76, and they already had underlying conditions, how do you know they wouldn’t have died without covid? What’s the average age of life expectancy in America? Seems that’d be a good place to start, then compare to the average age of death from covid. They seem to go hand and hand.

Well a good sign is that we’re fine before Covid, and after Covid they were dead...

A pre-existing condition doesn’t mean someone is in their deathbed....I actually knew a guy for years in Indy who was in his late 30s, overweight, diabetic, worked at a health clinic, got Covid and died back in May I think.... he wasn’t deathly ill before that.

It’sa strange virus. It affects different people different ways.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Looking to do some Federal time?

Lol. I thought of that, but I couldn't find the right words. I thought the literary consistency of ending both points with "end of term" would drive my point better than a more accurate, less 'zingy' hook.

As snarky comments go, def not my best work.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Lol. I thought of that, but I couldn't find the right words. I thought the literary consistency of ending both points with "end of term" would drive my point better than a more accurate, less 'zingy' hook.

As snarky comments go, def not my best work.

As long as we're comparing apples and kumquats...the dollar values of your AR and your 17-round Glock mag may well converge on the exact same value after 4 years of your default President...so you might rethink your snark on a couple levels.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    As long as we're comparing apples and kumquats...the dollar values of your AR and your 17-round Glock mag may well converge on the exact same value after 4 years of your default President...so you might rethink your snark on a couple levels.

I don't believe my gun rights are any more secure under a Republican administration than I do a Democrat administration. In fact, quite the opposite. Republican administrations take the fight out of gun rights activists...Democrat administrations spur them to action.

When a democrat even postures toward gun control every gun owner in the country - on both sides of the political divide - bristles. When a Republican actually enacts gun-restricting legislation 80% of those same people fall all over themselves to explain it away...much like you are doing right now. Trump is a proven negative for gun owners and anyone else who actually values liberty, but he's "your guy", so you hand over your rights with a smile and a wave of your made-in-China MAGA flag.

When a democrat was in office you guys actually gave a **** about gun rights. I'll gladly take that over the authoritarian idol worship I see from this place now.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well a good sign is that we’re fine before Covid, and after Covid they were dead...

A pre-existing condition doesn’t mean someone is in their deathbed....I actually knew a guy for years in Indy who was in his late 30s, overweight, diabetic, worked at a health clinic, got Covid and died back in May I think.... he wasn’t deathly ill before that.

It’sa strange virus. It affects different people different ways.

According to my Doctor those 2 issues are what puts you down with this bug. Over weight and diabetic.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    I don't believe my gun rights are any more secure under a Republican administration than I do a Democrat administration. In fact, quite the opposite. Republican administrations take the fight out of gun rights activists...Democrat administrations spur them to action.

When a democrat even postures toward gun control every gun owner in the country - on both sides of the political divide - bristles. When a Republican actually enacts gun-restricting legislation 80% of those same people fall all over themselves to explain it away...much like you are doing right now. Trump is a proven negative for gun owners and anyone else who actually values liberty, but he's "your guy", so you hand over your rights with a smile and a wave of your made-in-China MAGA flag.

When a democrat was in office you guys actually gave a **** about gun rights. I'll gladly take that over the authoritarian idol worship I see from this place now.

What "Rights" and firearms has President Trump been a negative for gun owners?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    A vote for Joe Biden is a vote for Kamala Harris, and critical race theory shoved up your backside. And probably the Green New Deal.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana

So you're saying we can sway your political belief system for money to the NRA? How much does it cost? What is the price for PaulF?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Ahhh, I think the authoritarian is the guy who wants to make mask wearing mandatory in the whole ****ing country by decree, not the guy who left it up to the governors. I think the authoritarian is the guy who wants to pack the supreme court with tame justices just so he can get his way if he wins. I think the authoritarian is the guy who wants to tell business from what sources they can get their energy and have people drive battery powered cars so the earth will theoretically warm by 0.6 degrees less in the next 80 years - and that only if the Chinese truly meet their targets while currently producing over 50% of the entire worlds CO2

It's always sad to hear people trying to paint Trump as an authoritarian and then supporting the party that wants to tell you how to think and act and speak in every aspect of your life

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I had to take a time out on Imgflip.com. the hateful stuff made me sick.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    It’s literally in the link I posted from the cdc. If you only count those with coronavirus and no underlying conditions, it’s 6% of the death toll. Most deaths that include a underlying condition contains on average 2.6 underlying conditions in combination with coronavirus, and the average age is 76. I’d say it’s extremely asinine to connect all those deaths to coronavirus itself.

here’s where it gets interesting. That chart shows total US deaths to be 2,104,000 deaths through October 2. They are saying this is 112% of the expected deaths. If you look at the monthly totals from 2019 (https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/provisional-tables.htm) they total 2,134,000 deaths through September. Now I’m no rocket surgeon but 2.10M seems Like it would be less than 2.13M. In fact it looks like it would be 99.5% and not 112%. Their number suggests that last year we would have been at 1.7M deaths when we weren’t.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ahhh, I think the authoritarian is the guy who wants to make mask wearing mandatory in the whole ****ing country by decree, not the guy who left it up to the governors. I think the authoritarian is the guy who wants to pack the supreme court with tame justices just so he can get his way if he wins. I think the authoritarian is the guy who wants to tell business from what sources they can get their energy and have people drive battery powered cars so the earth will theoretically warm by 0.6 degrees less in the next 80 years - and that only if the Chinese truly meet their targets while currently producing over 50% of the entire worlds CO2

It's always sad to hear people trying to paint Trump as an authoritarian and then supporting the party that wants to tell you how to think and act and speak in every aspect of your life

As much as I like Paul (and I do) his TDS is immense but he is also gracious. Odd mix.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    People, I am clocking out for the night. BT will be watching and I will do a drive by in the early AM. Be nice. Or as nice as you can.

Thanks.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    A vote for Joe Biden is a vote for Kamala Harris, and critical race theory shoved up your backside. And probably the Green New Deal.

Maybe. If the house holds and the senate turns. Maybe. Those are BIG ifs.

Critical race theory is a boogieman, it scares Republican voters, but it's just a different side of the same **** sandwich being offered by modern Republicans themselves...statism. The problem is what it has always been...the federal government has too much power.

The Civil War killed the constitution we all hold so dear, with individual liberty dying right alongside. The Lincoln presidency set the country on a path toward collective statism that cannot be set right from within the system...the system itself must be re-booted.

The presidency has become a for-purchase imperial mandate. Trump hastens our decline into outright authoritarianism. The only voice I have to remove consent from Trump's authoritarian whims necessarily grants consent to the left's progressive collectivist whims. There is no right answer. No one is offering liberty as a platform anymore...only the promise that their brand of statism will benefit you.

Bring on the reboot.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    As much as I like Paul (and I do) his TDS is immense but he is also gracious. Odd mix.

I look at that plus the visceral hatred of religion and contempt for its adherents and I think there is more to it than just being misguided. I hope he finds peace someday, but I don't think it will come from Biden's world

Top Bottom