• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Miles42

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    In the early 60s I served in the Navy for 4 years. Three on The USS Saratoga CVA-60 now awaiting the scrap yard. Miss the old girl.

Last edited:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I wish. It was actually a couple guys from my platoon. They hated the fact that they outranked me, but I had authority over them while we were in the motor pool and I wouldn't let them overstep their boundaries out there.

My first experience with the skinheads was at the Green Goose. I had a Puerto Rican and a mixed race guy with me. I saw the skinheads and told the other we better get the hell out of there. Some time later, I started to see them at the Rock. There was a black guy from HHC that was talking to them and I couldn't figure out what was going on. Come to find out, the skinheads over there are nothing like they're portrayed over here. They liked a good fight but they weren't racist at all. They actually kept the place in check for the most part.

Bigshep

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2012
    New Albany
    My first experience with the skinheads was at the Green Goose. I had a Puerto Rican and a mixed race guy with me. I saw the skinheads and told the other we better get the hell out of there. Some time later, I started to see them at the Rock. There was a black guy from HHC that was talking to them and I couldn't figure out what was going on. Come to find out, the skinheads over there are nothing like they're portrayed over here. They liked a good fight but they weren't racist at all. They actually kept the place in check for the most part.

This is true for the most part actually. Of course there's the bad eggs in every group. Worst fight I was in over there was with a group of the bad ones. Had a couple of my skinhead buddies help me out though. Green Goose was my stomping ground over there. Was an awkward weekend when I wasnt in there.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    USN 74'- 76" active and then 4 years Inactive Reserve. AQ with VA 146 on/off the USS Constellation. Basically worked on aviation fire control and weapons systems on A7E Corsair IIs. :patriot:

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    Served in four languages

USAF-SS. Not Schütz Staffel, but Security Service. Our name-tags did raise some eye-brows in Germany, though! Spoke Russian, German, Chinese, & Viet Namese. Language Schools at Bloomington, Syracuse & Monterey. Tech Training at Goodfellow AFB, Texas, Top Secret stuff at other sites including Kelly & Biloxi. Eight years served, "Sprayed and Betrayed" battle ever since. PROUD to have been intimately connected with the Big Red One in 'Nam, trying to put in place Robert Strange McNamara's detection line through the "A Shux" Valley.

Top Bottom