• actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Sounds like terrorism to me.

Ironically, they plot, not realizing if they bring things down, they are the most likely to not survive if society breaks down.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The libs would like us to believe that Project Veritas makes a lot of stuff up, out of thin air. Acorn, Planned Parenthood, sure. :rolleyes:

I'm thinking Trump should put Project Veritas on the gov't payroll looking into our own "intelligence" agencies?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The libs would like us to believe that Project Veritas makes a lot of stuff up, out of thin air. Acorn, Planned Parenthood, sure. :rolleyes:

I'm thinking Trump should put Project Veritas on the gov't payroll looking into our own "intelligence" agencies?

A lot? I'm not saying that, and your statement is very telling...."a lot?" Even if it's "a little," which seems to be what you are implying, then their future credibility in similar matters is suspect. I think most would understand this.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Oh. Okay. So are sting operations where cops offer people money to do illegal ****...so they can catch people doing illegal ****...are those cops reliable? C'mon Kut. You're better than that.

Basically it was sting/counter-sting. All Veritas got caught doing was trying to infiltrate a group to see if they could get them to admit they're willing to break the law. Hookers and druggies get busted the same way all the time. Now, in the Young Turks video, he said the "undercover" reporter was made because she'd already been identified as participating in one of the sting operations against Hillary's thugs. But in the article, she was "made" because she drove a white pickup truck...idunno, because blondes never drive white pickup trucks. So who knows?

So, are they reliable? The only rebuttal in this case is audio of this "undercover" reporter trying to get a liberal group to take the bait. Doesn't suggest anything more than that fact. If I'm biased to the left I might be inclined to believe the headlines more than just the knowable facts.

So, my opinion of reliable/unreliable is unchanged. I neither believe nor disbelieve. All parties have a reason to lie, and they all have more facts about the actual details than I do. Unless I can know those same facts, I tuck it away in the "plausible but unconfirmed" column. But I can have fun with it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    A lot? I'm not saying that, and your statement is very telling...."a lot?" Even if it's "a little," which seems to be what you are implying, then their future credibility in similar matters is suspect. I think most would understand this.

No. I took it that he's referring to the volume of supposed shenanigans exposed by Veritas. It's a lot of stuff. And I do think that it's enough stuff that liberals would want to believe it is made up. But this video doesn't prove that the wrong doing exposed thus far is any more made up than when cops try to pay hookers for sex to bust them for breaking the law.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Oh. Okay. So are sting operations where cops offer people money to do illegal ****...so they can catch people doing illegal ****...are those cops reliable? C'mon Kut. You're better than that.

Basically it was sting/counter-sting. All Veritas got caught doing was trying to infiltrate a group to see if they could get them to admit they're willing to break the law. Hookers and druggies get busted the same way all the time. Now, in the Young Turks video, he said the "undercover" reporter was made because she'd already been identified as participating in one of the sting operations against Hillary's thugs. But in the article, she was "made" because she drove a white pickup truck...idunno, because blondes never drive white pickup trucks. So who knows?

So, are they reliable? The only rebuttal in this case is audio of this "undercover" reporter trying to get a liberal group to take the bait. Doesn't suggest anything more than that fact. If I'm biased to the left I might be inclined to believe the headlines more than just the knowable facts.

So, my opinion of reliable/unreliable is unchanged. I neither believe nor disbelieve. All parties have a reason to lie, and they all have more facts about the actual details than I do. Unless I can know those same facts, I tuck it away in the "plausible but unconfirmed" column. But I can have fun with it.

If you say so, but a "sting" typically involves exposing something that someone was already planning or inclined to do. Offering money to have someone commit a crime, is a crime in itself.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If you say so, but a "sting" typically involves exposing something that someone was already planning or inclined to do. Offering money to have someone commit a crime, is a crime in itself.

Journalists tend to be immune to such things, but admittedly this is pushing it. I don't have the facts though. I don't know if they just decided to start throwing out **** to see which walls it stuck to, or if they had obtained information that lead them to believe that this group was planing something anyway. Both scenarios are plausible. And, like I said, both sides have really good reasons to lie. And I don't have all the facts. I'll just tuck it away as a datapoint and leave my opinion unchanged.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You know, I've never really liked a lot of salt on my popcorn. Just slather it in real butter and the butter has enough salt for me. Now that I've cut down on butter, it's still salty enough. But people do complain about blandness when I share.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You know, I've never really liked a lot of salt on my popcorn. Just slather it in real butter and the butter has enough salt for me. Now that I've cut down on butter, it's still salty enough. But people do complain about blandness when I share.

Gots to have the butter and salt. Not often but when I do it is a treat.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Since project Veritas came out with the "sting" video allegedly exposing some group of planning to stink bomb one of the deploraballs (really? "deploraballs?") I wonder, if any groups were really planning shenanigans, if they'll go through with it now.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    [video=youtube;xIjbkYLI1nY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIjbkYLI1nY[/video]

[video=youtube;I059AF23JQw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I059AF23JQw[/video]

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well, Kut. We'll know which side is lying if they get arrested. Paying someone to do something illegal is illegal. Conspiring to do something illegal is illegal. So, let's see who gets arrested, if any of them?

Bsj425

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Jeffersonville
    Reading this and the project veritas video is seriously eye opening. The left has come completely unhinged and the man hasn't even taken office yet. This big difference is Obama, Holder and the DOJ let this crap go on and borderline encouraged it. Trump is extremely pro law enforcement and believes in the rule of law. Hopefully they crack down on this from day 1 and set an example that this crap will not be tolerated, otherwise its going to be a very interesting 4 years. Yes people are within their right to assemble and protest. But what they describe is domestic terrorism there is a big difference between an actual peaceful protest and doing things that will physically harm people and deny them freedom of movement and cause panics. This is absolutely nuts, speaking of nuts we will see who actually has them and will follow through in a couple days.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Reading this and the project veritas video is seriously eye opening. The left has come completely unhinged and the man hasn't even taken office yet. This big difference is Obama, Holder and the DOJ let this crap go on and borderline encouraged it. Trump is extremely pro law enforcement and believes in the rule of law. Hopefully they crack down on this from day 1 and set an example that this crap will not be tolerated, otherwise its going to be a very interesting 4 years. Yes people are within their right to assemble and protest. But what they describe is domestic terrorism there is a big difference between an actual peaceful protest and doing things that will physically harm people and deny them freedom of movement and cause panics. This is absolutely nuts, speaking of nuts we will see who actually has them and will follow through in a couple days.

I got a chuckle out of that one.

Top Bottom