• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    I've heard the same argument regurgitated on TFL over 1911 Punisher grips for years.

Also, regurgitated is:

"Carry the same ammo as local LEO"
    "Carry the same GUN/Caliber as local LEO"

etc., blah, blah,

If you've got that kind of concern, avoid ever posting on a gun forum to start with... "They GLORIFY... no, IDOLIZE guns!" Amazing how much of your online life can be tracked back when under criminal prosecution.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I've used the "Perfect" solution for all of my firearms. I've had them inscribed with the

428458245_079bd3ff25.jpg

Seal of the Messiah, how could I go wrong ;)

Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    My question now is how easy the printing will scratch off. With the Lone Wolf plate it looks like it is just printed on there, and since there is not a depression into the aluminum where the printing is, I would think it would scratch off easier. Opinions?
    I'd like to know this as well. I found a picture at glockwhisperer.com that seems to show them actually etched and not a screen print. http://www.glockwhisperer.com/SS08025.jpg Also, does anyone have trouble with the bright metal or glare from the metal disturbing their aim? I'm not a Punisher fan but I could rock the trucker girl :naughty:

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    i'm not judging, but does anyone else think that kind of stuff looks a little gawdy? As far as liability, I have no idea but it does have that dress up and play super hero vibe to it.:twocents:

Agent 007

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    Got mine from RockYourGlock

I don't care about "liability issues". If I had enough reason to pull the trigger, it will stand in court.

Criminal court.....probably so. But not always. **** happens. Innocent people get away with murder (OJ, anyone?) and the innocent sometimes go to jail. Google "Harold Fish" if you want an hour or two of light reading about how choice of handgun can be ONE of the factors that is brought up in a shooting incident. The prosecution made a big deal about the gun being a 10mm...."more powerful than what the police carry"....with hollow point bullets. God forbid he would have had Punisher grips on it.

Civil court? Get ready to be painted as a vigilante by the plaintiff's lawyer. The standard is not "beyond a reasonable doubt" in a civil trial...it's a simple preponderance of the evidence. The side that puts on the best show wins the other guy's house and car. If I was the plaintiff's lawyer, I'd have a field day with someone who carries around a pistol with symbols of vigilantism and death on it.

But please, by all means.......put all of the comic book/vigilante juvenile crap on your pistol that you want. Hell, have "Kill 'em all, let God sort 'em out" engraved in 24 kt gold on the slide. SURELY there's no way that a slick lawyer could convince a group of 12 people (that are too stupid to get out of jury duty :D) that you were actively looking to shoot his client. All he's got to do is convince them that the shooting is PARTIALLY your fault, and you stand to lose your house and all of your possessions. But I'm sure that having a vigilante skull on your pistol is simply too cool to worry about all of that real-world legal mumbo-jumbo nonsense.

The world is not black and white, especially in a courtroom....and sometimes right and wrong ain't got a whole lot to do with the outcome of a case. If you want to give the opposing side a little help in painting you as someone just itching for a chance to serve a little street justice, don't be surprised if you find yourself painted as the bad guy.

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    Criminal court.....probably so. But not always. **** happens. Innocent people get away with murder (OJ, anyone?) and the innocent sometimes go to jail. Google "Harold Fish" if you want an hour or two of light reading about how choice of handgun can be ONE of the factors that is brought up in a shooting incident. The prosecution made a big deal about the gun being a 10mm...."more powerful than what the police carry"....with hollow point bullets. God forbid he would have had Punisher grips on it.

Civil court? Get ready to be painted as a vigilante by the plaintiff's lawyer. The standard is not "beyond a reasonable doubt" in a civil trial...it's a simple preponderance of the evidence. The side that puts on the best show wins the other guy's house and car. If I was the plaintiff's lawyer, I'd have a field day with someone who carries around a pistol with symbols of vigilantism and death on it.

But please, by all means.......put all of the comic book/vigilante juvenile crap on your pistol that you want. Hell, have "Kill 'em all, let God sort 'em out" engraved in 24 kt gold on the slide. SURELY there's no way that a slick lawyer could convince a group of 12 people (that are too stupid to get out of jury duty :D) that you were actively looking to shoot his client. All he's got to do is convince them that the shooting is PARTIALLY your fault, and you stand to lose your house and all of your possessions. But I'm sure that having a vigilante skull on your pistol is simply too cool to worry about all of that real-world legal mumbo-jumbo nonsense.

The world is not black and white, especially in a courtroom....and sometimes right and wrong ain't got a whole lot to do with the outcome of a case. If you want to give the opposing side a little help in painting you as someone just itching for a chance to serve a little street justice, don't be surprised if you find yourself painted as the bad guy.

Good post.

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    If you look carefully at the rockyourglock site, you will notice that the plates they sell are from Lone Wolf, and at the same price.

I've never dealt directly with rockyourglock, but Hickman has and seems to be satisfied. I've dealt directly with Lone Wolf on a few occasions and have not been disappointed. Choose your poison.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    If you look carefully at the rockyourglock site, you will notice that the plates they sell are from Lone Wolf, and at the same price.

Other way around; Rockyourglock does all of Lone Wolf's custom work and parts, to include the laser etching (flame jobs, etc), custom slide covers, porting, chrome pin kits, and refinishing.

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    Other way around; Rockyourglock does all of Lone Wolf's custom work and parts, to include the laser etching (flame jobs, etc), custom slide covers, porting, chrome pin kits, and refinishing.
    You would know better than I, but I noticed that the rockyourglock items had LWD item numbers.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    The engineer and competitive shooter in me wonders why anyone would add reciprocating mass to their pistol.

Though I haven't weighed the piece, I doubt it's any heavier. Being that it's made from aluminum, it might even be lighter, therefore decreasing the rearward weight and subsequent reciprocating mass of the slide. :D

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    Though I haven't weighed the piece, I doubt it's any heavier. Being that it's made from aluminum, it might even be lighter, therefore decreasing the rearward weight and subsequent reciprocating mass of the slide. :D

+1 and how does adding 2 grams affect the Glock? Was it built to that tight of tolerances? It's not a finicky 1911. Jeez! :cool:

notasccrmom

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    south 'til you smell
    +1 and how does adding 2 grams affect the Glock? Was it built to that tight of tolerances? It's not a finicky 1911. Jeez! :cool:
    Has nothing to do with tolerances, but rather slide speed. I know it's only a fraction of an ounce, or a few grams if you prefer, but weight is weight and that's the last place that I'd want to add any that I don't need. Steel sights have a valid place, a little shiny piece to distract your focus while shooting... not so much.

This only my opinion, so take it as you will.

jforrest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Porter County
    Well guys thanks to Dogman I am getting a silver plate with a black punisher on it NC. It is in the mail right now, so hopefully Monday or Tuesday I will have it. So if you see a post by Dogman, throw some rep at him from me!

Now I have been thinking and if this silver bothers me while I'm shooting, I bet I could print something off the computer that I could use to paint the skull on a black base plate. But this is only if I have problems with the silver. :D

And once again thanks Dogman!

jforrest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Porter County
    Well I just got the plate from Dogman in the mail today! It looks really nice, basically brand new looking. Thanks again Dogman!

I'll post up the pictures when I get it on. Thanks for all the input everyone!

Top Bottom