Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Porter County
    Well guys, her it is.

0511092147a.jpg

0511092149a.jpg

I love how it looks! It was fun taking the base plates off and looking at the innards of my baby too.

following2dp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Fishers
    I'd like to know this as well. I found a picture at glockwhisperer.com that seems to show them actually etched and not a screen print. http://www.glockwhisperer.com/SS08025.jpg Also, does anyone have trouble with the bright metal or glare from the metal disturbing their aim? I'm not a Punisher fan but I could rock the trucker girl :naughty:

Yes, I ordered a custom plate from LoneWolf for the some custom looks, and really like the plate. The engraving is deeper than it appears in the pictures and won't rub off.

My girlfriend and I took it out to the range shortly after the install, and we both noticed that instead of focusing on the front sight (my 27 is a stock white dot) we would both instead stare at the pretty silver backplate. I love the looks, but I must admit that when I first point the weapon, my eyes are distracted by the shiny piece of flair on an otherwise black weapon instead of the front site where it should be.

I plan on replacing my sights with Nights, so I'm hoping the glow will lessen the "issue"

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    I kinda' wondered about that, too.

A green front sight will draw your eye to it.

This is one reason I don't like 1911 slides to be serrated on the back - too much visual "noise."

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Yes, I ordered a custom plate from LoneWolf for the some custom looks, and really like the plate. The engraving is deeper than it appears in the pictures and won't rub off.

My girlfriend and I took it out to the range shortly after the install, and we both noticed that instead of focusing on the front sight (my 27 is a stock white dot) we would both instead stare at the pretty silver backplate. I love the looks, but I must admit that when I first point the weapon, my eyes are distracted by the shiny piece of flair on an otherwise black weapon instead of the front site where it should be.

I plan on replacing my sights with Nights, so I'm hoping the glow will lessen the "issue"

It's ok unless you find it staring back at you.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Just wanted to share this as a warning to others. Inspired by this thread I bought a Glock Slide Cover Plate off of eBay. Its plastic and the image is just stamped on it. Not high quality. It also does not fit correctly as you can see by the pictures here:

IMG_1744a.jpg
    IMG_1752a.jpg

It does not set flush with the slide. It sticks up about 1/32 to maybe 1/16 of inch above. It is snapped into place and inserted correctly.
    I'm just posting this as a warning to others.

Last edited:

jforrest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Porter County
    Thanks for the warning TopDog. Mind is aluminum and I'd say pretty high quality so I personally am not worried. If anything I think its stronger than the original.

Have you tried shooting it yet? I don't know if I would. :dunno: If you do let us know how is goes.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I have not tired to shoot with it on the slide. Its too cheap. Here is a photo comparison of the plate from eBay with the original Glock factory plate. Notice that the Glock original has metal reinforcement running through it, the one from eBay does not. I don't think its safe to use in live firing.

CoverPlateCompare.jpg

I should have bought the metal plate but I like the design on this and thought I would give it a try.
    It would have been better to just have had Lone Wolf make one like this.

jforrest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Porter County
    I have not tired to shoot with it on the slide. Its too cheap. Here is a photo comparison of the plate from eBay with the original Glock factory plate. Notice that the Glock original has metal reinforcement running through it, the one from eBay does not. I don't think its safe to use in live firing.

CoverPlateCompare.jpg

I should have bought the metal plate but I like the design on this and thought I would give it a try.
    It would have been better to just have had Lone Wolf make one like this.

Well the best way to learn something is the hard way! unfortunately.

Top Bottom