• jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Lol...didn`t say it, but directly inferred it...:rolleyes:

I'm not trying to be a smartass here. But I'm gonna need more pronouns to understand with certainty what you're saying. Who didn't say it? Who inferred it? One more thing, did you mean "inferred", or did you mean "implied"? I ask because the two are commonly used interchangeably but are actually kinda opposites.

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    I'm not trying to be a smartass here. But I'm gonna need more pronouns to understand with certainty what you're saying. Who didn't say it? Who inferred it? One more thing, did you mean "inferred", or did you mean "implied"? I ask because the two are commonly used interchangeably but are actually kinda opposites.

In the words of Sheldon Cooper, "I implied, you inferred".

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland

Concise
    The person making the original statement is the one making the implication.
    The person who hears that statement, then either correctly or incorrectly understands the implication is the one making the inference.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    The circle is complete.

Christians co-opted the winter solstice for a religious holiday, Christmas; the pagans co-opted it back.

Paschal it is from now on. :D

Don't give into the pagan argument. They knew the Solstice was December 21 or 22 not the 25th. They just like to repeat the mantra.

Just use Pascha and Nativity :D

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Concise
    The person making the original statement is the one making the implication.
    The person who hears that statement, then either correctly or incorrectly understands the implication is the one making the inference.

Also, stuff can be inferred when stuff wasn't implied.

But I was just trying to understand what he was saying. There are several ways I could take it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    What do you mean by that?

What do YOU mean by that? :rofl:

I meant that people can infer things that weren't implied. In other words, sometimes people can read between lines that aren't there. I'm not saying anyone here did that.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    What do YOU mean by that? :rofl:

I meant that people can infer things that weren't implied. In other words, sometimes people can read between lines that aren't there. I'm not saying anyone here did that.

I didn't say that; YOU said that.
    Is it me?
    It's him, right?
    NathanThurm.jpg~original

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Yes silence. Surely you're not going to have me believe, that a phone call to Treudeu... is comparable to his tweets about terrorism in other instances, where the attackers were Muslim. The silence, when it goes the other way is deafening.

This cannot be illustrated better, than the terrorist attack in France. One French officer injured by jihadist with a machete. No one killed, other that the terrorist. Trump tweets, of course railing about the instance. Quebec... still silence. Is it not completely fair to ask "why?"

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    This cannot be illustrated better, than the terrorist attack in France. One French officer injured by jihadist with a machete. No one killed, other that the terrorist. Trump tweets, of course railing about the instance. Quebec... still silence. Is it not completely fair to ask "why?"

It's a secret alliance to boost Marie Lee Pen

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland

It blows!
    It blows!
    The white whale!

Top Bottom