• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Kind of like when RFRA was being attacked. I disagreed with it (like Trump) but was (am) pissed off in the way it made me look like (am) an ardent supporter when I spoke up against those hyperbolically, going over the top, with their criticisms.

The reaction to the RFRA was astonishingly over the top. I thought Indiana's RFRA was unwise, and was really just about political virtue signaling (the term didn't exist then, so it took more words to say :): ). But even so, the over the top reaction from the left made me become more supportive of it, not less. I called Angie's List and told them that if they wanted to get all political about it so would I, and canceled my membership.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    The reaction to the RFRA was astonishingly over the top. I thought Indiana's RFRA was unwise, and was really just about political virtue signaling (the term didn't exist then, so it took more words to say :): ). But even so, the over the top reaction from the left made me become more supportive of it, not less. I called Angie's List and told them that if they wanted to get all political about it so would I, and canceled my membership.

I thought, and DO think, the measure was satisfactory. Why in the world would a Christian baker be mandated to work for an event so obviously contrary to his faith? And naturally, the "poor" victim could have found dozens of other providers who would have gladly taken their money and worked for them, but, they had to make an example of the Christian. Disgusting.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    We're doing this again?
    I thought, and DO think, the measure was satisfactory. Why in the world would a Christian baker be mandated to work for an event so obviously contrary to his faith?

It wasn't mandated before RFRA.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I thought, and DO think, the measure was satisfactory. Why in the world would a Christian baker be mandated to work for an event so obviously contrary to his faith? And naturally, the "poor" victim could have found dozens of other providers who would have gladly taken their money and worked for them, but, they had to make an example of the Christian. Disgusting.

Why do I picture you replying to the cashier's kind "happy holidays" with a stern "MERRY CHRISTMAS!". :dunno:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

INGO, forgive the digression. Just to answer this quickly. I wasn't aware of any legal action a gay couple could bring against a bakery in Indiana for that. Indiana, rightly, did not recognize sexual behavior as a protected class WRT public accommodations. There have been social media **** storms against Indiana bakeries by the gaystopo, but the RFRA as it was attempted would not prevent that. People still have first amendment rights to free speech.

So after the ****storm, the virtue-signaling Hoosier Republicans had to walk it back, and what ended up getting ammended, as far as I know, established protection for gay couples that did not exist before.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    INGO, forgive the digression. Just to answer this quickly. I wasn't aware of any legal action a gay couple could bring against a bakery in Indiana for that. Indiana, rightly, did not recognize sexual behavior as a protected class WRT public accommodations. There have been social media **** storms against Indiana bakeries by the gaystopo, but the RFRA as it was attempted would not prevent that. People still have first amendment rights to free speech.

So after the ****storm, the virtue-signaling Hoosier Republicans had to walk it back, and what ended up getting ammended, as far as I know, established protection for gay couples that did not exist before.

Where have you been? The baker downtown was sued for not making cupcakes for an event...bakers were sued across the country for the very same thing.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    We're doing this again?

It wasn't mandated before RFRA.

Where have you been? The baker downtown was sued for not making cupcakes for an event...bakers were sued across the country for the very same thing.

Yeah, I think there were local ordinances that sort of, kind of like the gun pre-emotion bill, that precipitated this.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Not stern at all...just a friendly reminder that it is the CHRISTmas season, NOT some pagan, general "holiday"...

Well, actually it was originally a pagan holiday that celebrated the winter solstice. As pagans "converted," the attached Christian symbolism into their holiday. If you've ever made reference to "Yule" in any form, you're giving a nod to it's pagan roots.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    And in French, "merry Christmas" is "joyeux Noel." And now we're back to the topic of a right wing terrorist (or not) attack on a mosque in Quebec.

Voila.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    iphone_lumbersexual_560.jpg

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Christmas......a shortened way of saying Christ Mass.

Another way Protestants still fall under the influence of the Pope.

Most don't even know it.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Well, actually it was originally a pagan holiday that celebrated the winter solstice. As pagans "converted," the attached Christian symbolism into their holiday. If you've ever made reference to "Yule" in any form, you're giving a nod to it's pagan roots.

The schism allowed the West to adopt several questionable ideas and invent several new ones.

The evidence is strong for this. Post 1500, let's agree to disagree becomes dogma

Top Bottom