Any questions?

:): :laugh:

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Great work scoring that good looking shooting iron, and another thumbs up for resolving the ignition issue.
    Should you ever decide to go hunting, that beast has the strength to allow you to really load up to impressive ballistics.
    Dunno if they're already out there or not, but a more hand-filling set of stocks would certainly be in order for heavy loads.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I take it the spacing of holes is the same but Ruger wants to lock you in to using there clips?
    I'm sure the clip manufactures will have some aftermarket clips available soon.
    If mine I would machine .010 off the back of cylinder to take the common and cheap S&W clips.
    Cylinder would have to be machined like S&W does for the 627's with a ledge left around the edge of the cylinder to support the 45LC.(cylinder may already be machined like that).

Yeah, spacing was the same. I don't think I'll be machining the cylinder. If I really want to push the edges with .45 Colt, that's more brass that's not against steel when it is touched off. If I was only going to shoot .45 ACP, maybe. I'm sure there'll be aftermarket support for these, and honestly at $5 a piece through Ruger I'd have to run through a lot of them before machine work would pay off.

Redhawk® .45 Auto / .45 Colt Moon Clips 3-Pack-ShopRuger

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Oh, BBI . . . the Amish called. They want their gun back!

What is it about the Amish referance to us wheel guys, I mean not like the 1911 platform is much younger than a good quality DA revolver with a swing out cylynder, and a 9mm 1911......blasphemous........ LOL

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Love seeing that you intend to carry that beast, at least some of the time.
    .45 ACP has a well earned reputation for being a real stopper, but it's even cooler knowing that your Redhawk also handles that "other" self defense cartridge, invented 39 years earlier than the ACP. ;)

Edit: Even cooler seeing that you're not going to use just moon clips, judging by the photo of the speedloader.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    looks like that's your new duty gun!!!!:)

Lol, I'm qualified on my .357s, but I'm not good enough with the Redhawk yet.

Wait, how did Simply Rugged have blanks already? Did you send them the gun?

Other than the round butt grip, quick change front sight, and being cut for moon clips its the same gun as the regular .45 Colt Redhawk 4", so as far as a holster maker is concerned they are the same gun.

Love seeing that you intend to carry that beast, at least some of the time.
    .45 ACP has a well earned reputation for being a real stopper, but it's even cooler knowing that your Redhawk also handles that "other" self defense cartridge, invented 39 years earlier than the ACP. ;)

Edit: Even cooler seeing that you're not going to use just moon clips, judging by the photo of the speedloader.

I bought it mainly for .45 Colt with the option to plink with .45 ACP, sort of like the .357/.38 combo. I used a .357 speedloader for that photo, though. I'll have some .45s soon. I bought it mostly as a range toy, but will carry it as a woods gun once I'm more proficient with it.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I bought it mainly for .45 Colt with the option to plink with .45 ACP, sort of like the .357/.38 combo. I used a .357 speedloader for that photo, though. I'll have some .45s soon. I bought it mostly as a range toy, but will carry it as a woods gun once I'm more proficient with it.

Yep, either for protection, or (once you get a tag, of course) to get some venison for the freezer.
    It almost makes me wish that I had the .45 ACP cylinder for my Blackhawk.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    This gun makes me wish I liked double actions more. I just can't bring myself to buy one.

Don't be scared, to steal a line from the Victory Motorcycle commercials, DA Revolvers are the same, "Ride one(shoot one) and you'll buy one" but maybe I'm biased because I love DA Revolvers AND Victory Motorcycles LOL

Top Bottom