• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BFR50-110

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Montgomery County
    Don't be scared, to steal a line from the Victory Motorcycle commercials, DA Revolvers are the same, "Ride one(shoot one) and you'll buy one" but maybe I'm biased because I love DA Revolvers AND Victory Motorcycles LOL
    Lol I hear you. My dad has had quite a few double actions that I've shot over the years that I've liked. For some reason I've just always liked single actions better though. Probably mostly from an asthetics standpoint, though I have seen a few double actions that caught my eye

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Lol I hear you. My dad has had quite a few double actions that I've shot over the years that I've liked. For some reason I've just always liked single actions better though. Probably mostly from an asthetics standpoint, though I have seen a few double actions that caught my eye

Single action revolvers are beautiful too. Especially the deep blued ones with wood grips. pretty fond of them myself.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    It's good that you Amish guys know what you like!

Are you allowed to shoot Glocks during Rumschpringe?

Heh.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

Heh.

I actually owned 2 Glocks at one time and despite the threat of being shunned they worked out alright other than they were in 40 so i let them go. I am soon to aquire a couple other Glocks since my Agency is using them for Glynco and they will probably become an issued/adopted handgun soon. However, any auto will never take the spot in my heart that my DA Revolvers do, Growing up on DA Revolvers and carrying them for the first half of my career I find it funny when younger folks that have used nothing but Glocks or M&P's complain about the stock trigger of either Glock and M&P, These kids today (does that now make me that old guy down the street now? (don't answer that Rhino LOL)

BFR50-110

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Montgomery County

Heh.
    I've never cared for Glocks. They seem like good guns, but they're too ugly for me and I feel that there are other autos that are just as good. If I were to get a plastic gun it'd probably be a Springfield XD or Ruger SR45.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I actually owned 2 Glocks at one time and despite the threat of being shunned they worked out alright other than they were in 40 so i let them go. I am soon to aquire a couple other Glocks since my Agency is using them for Glynco and they will probably become an issued/adopted handgun soon. However, any auto will never take the spot in my heart that my DA Revolvers do, Growing up on DA Revolvers and carrying them for the first half of my career I find it funny when younger folks that have used nothing but Glocks or M&P's complain about the stock trigger of either Glock and M&P, These kids today (does that now make me that old guy down the street now? (don't answer that Rhino LOL)

We are OLD!

I've never cared for Glocks. They seem like good guns, but they're too ugly for me and I feel that there are other autos that are just as good. If I were to get a plastic gun it'd probably be a Springfield XD or Ruger SR45.

I use "Glock" like Band-Aid or Kleenex or Coke. Glock = any polymer framed striker fired gun

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Ignition issue is not resolved. If you pull the trigger slowly it fires consistently, and single action it fires consistently. Attempting to fire quickly results in light primer strikes. I'm sending it back to Ruger. This is 2 of my last 3 that are having to go home to resolve QC issues. I'm happy with the customer service, I'm not happy with the need to use it quite so often.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    After two weeks I called them to ask what's been done. The woman said they were waiting on ammo to test fire it. I asked if they'd done any work on it and she said no because they hadn't been able to test fire it at all yet. Seems like you could at least check how far the firing pin is coming out, make sure the tolerances for the cylinder are correct, etc.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Sorry, BBI, need to answer as he asked.

I have to ask how you broke a Blackhawk, they're tough guns.

Got me. My destructive talents amaze even me.

Purchased Bisley Blackhawk at Sportsman's Warehouse. Got it home (I lived 10 minutes from the SW). Went to oil it up as I was going skiing the next day and the bloodly cylinder would not rotate. Took it back to SW and they sent it to Ruger.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Learn something new everyday, thanks!

I'll keep following the thread, as I was interested in one of those Redhawks.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I called again today and still "no ammo, nothing's been done, no ETA for ammo." I asked at what point they would consider the wait unacceptable and as they obviously have ammo to test fire and ship new guns perhaps it is time to replace this gun if they are not going to repair it in a timely fashion. They are supposed to call me back by tomorrow with an update.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    No ammo is perhaps the lamest excuse of 2015 thus far.

The woman on the phone seemed to find it questionable, as well. She asked if I recommended a particular type of ammo that was causing the issues or something, and I told her nope. I told them it works in single action or on a real slow pull in double action, run it fast and it doesn't reliably touch off ammo.

Top Bottom