• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Also Iran Contra was a bigger deal because Reagan got caught during it. Most president's actions are only speculated on and then confirmed afterwords, which for whatever reason doesn't draw as much ire.

Iran Contra was a bigger deal because the Press said it was.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Iran Contra was a bigger deal because the Press said it was.

And Don Henley said it was too.

"This tired old man
    that we elected King."

The End of Innocence, Don Henley

When mentioning the press trashing Reagan you should always mention the literal Legion of pop stars, actors and actresses who carry the water for the DNC via the airwaves and film...

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    Also Iran Contra was a bigger deal because Reagan got caught during it. Most president's actions are only speculated on and then confirmed afterwords, which for whatever reason doesn't draw as much ire.

And the confirmation being.........

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    I still don't understand are you saying Iran-Contra didn't happen?
    Iran?Contra affair - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Realize it's wikipedia but it points to 97 different sources.

This part
    "While President Ronald Reagan was a supporter of the Contra cause,[6] the evidence is disputed as to whether he authorized the diversion of the money"

and any mention of backing Iraq against Iran or any mention, let alone evidence, of backing use of chemical weapons by Iraq against them.

im not disputing Iran Contra but that Reagan backed Iraq and use of chemical weapons. Which was he point of this thread and why that would make him a "war criminal"

Last edited:

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Reagan was white
    Reagan was male
    Reagan was Christian
    Reagan was Republican
    Reagan kept his fly zipped
    Reagan never drove off any bridges and drowned anyone

That should be more than enough to convict him of something!

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    "While President Ronald Reagan was a supporter of the Contra cause,[6] the evidence is disputed as to whether he authorized the diversion of the money."

this part
    and any mention of backing Iraq against Iran

Is your qualm that you don't believe the money, from the weapons sold illegally through Israel to Iran, was funneled to the Contras?
    These really aren't debated facts, despite the fact that you apparently haven't heard of it. Maybe you need videos?
    I honestly don't comprehend your misgivings, just wanted to argue about something?

Rumsfield in 1983
    [video=youtube;bUPb-3zkh0c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUPb-3zkh0c[/video]

Reagan apologizing
    President Ronald Reagan - Address on Iran-Contra - YouTube

The actual Iran-Contra hearings
    Iran Contra Hearings 07/08/1987 - YouTube

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    Still have not seen or read anything about backing the use of chemical weapons against Iran or anything that would constitute the charge of "war criminal"
    did we have relations with Saddam, yes
    and Mubarak, and Sadat, and even Musharraf over the years.
    this thread is about Reagan being a war criminal for backing the use of chemical weapons against Iran. And I still have not seen anything other than 80's foreign policy arguments.
    did the Gulf of Tonkin make LBJ a war criminal?
    did the Bay of Pigs make JFK a war criminal?
    did Kosovo make Clinton a war criminal?
    we could go on and on for just about any administration including the current one.

it seems to be popular in recent years to throw around the phrase " war criminal" when political watchers (generally the left) want to argue politics.
    Bush, Cheney, Rove are all called war criminals
    The only problem with politics is that it is full of politicians and the idea of followers of radical politics being as rabid as any religious zealots is confirmed when arguments like this arise.
    no evidence of Reagan being a war criminal.

besides, we haven't been at war since 1945 contrary to the popular political focus grouped phrases for whatever policy the current politicians want to push. War on poverty, drugs, terror

Last edited:

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    There's a cold but undeniable axiom in the foreign relations of any country: "the enemy of my enemy is my friend".

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    There's a cold but undeniable axiom in the foreign relations of any country: "the enemy of my enemy is my friend".

Thats also a really good way to get bitten in the a@$ later when there players change position

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Indeed. The Eastern Tribes who backed Great Britain during the Revolution along with the tribes who backed France in the French and Inidan War (Seven Years War in Europe) all felt the pain of their decisions and paid for it afterwards.....

More recent and relevant than that, the US and Russia in WWII, US and the Taliban and mujahideen in Afghanistan, Saddam Hussein in the 80s. It almost always seems to backfire.

timsdl72

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2013
    West Lafayette
    Seems like our government did something a bit like this right here at home. Anyone every heard about the radiation testing done over the northern part of our country during the 40's? Seems they wanted an idea of how radiation travelled with air currents. It's been a few years but they finally unclassified those papers (I think).

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Seems like our government did something a bit like this right here at home. Anyone every heard about the radiation testing done over the northern part of our country during the 40's? Seems they wanted an idea of how radiation travelled with air currents. It's been a few years but they finally unclassified those papers (I think).

That could explain the lack of common sense in New England...Something in the air up there....:):

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    The OP was was about a governmental assault on it's citizens. My comment related exactly to that subject.

Ah. From Saddam intentionally carrying out genocide (by means of poison gas) against the Iranians to alleged radiation testing in the United States in the 1940s. Sure. I see the connection.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Ah. From Saddam intentionally carrying out genocide (by means of poison gas) against the Iranians to alleged radiation testing in the United States in the 1940s. Sure. I see the connection.

It's not genocide to use gas in an active conflict against soldiers.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    It's not genocide to use gas in an active conflict against soldiers.

Well, pardon the Hell out of my semantics. Do you prefer the term "democide", which nobody ever heard before? Call it Iraniancide, if you want to. The fact was that Iraqi gas was killing women and children, as well as soldiers. (And soldiers, by the way, are supposedly protected from chemical warfare by the Geneva and Hague conventions.)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom