• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Rambone, are you still in bed, I expected you to be all over this.;) Seriously, if this is true, can we believe anything the government says anymore? Can life get more bizarre?

Last edited:

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I distinctly recall Pierre Salinger having some damning evidence of a missile fired at the aircraft. I believe it was radar and video evidence.

Many witnesses on the ground saw a streak or streaks of light from the ground to the jet also.

That would be in line with external ordnance causing the crash.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Journalist: "Was Flight 800 a terrorist attack covered up by your husband's administration?"
    Hillary: "What difference, at this point, does it make? They're dead."

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    IIRC even after they said it was the center fuel tank and grounded some planes, the tourist/vacation industry took a major hit from public panic.

If an admitted terrorist attack, think about how John Q Dumb*ss public would react?

Or how many Muslims would be offended ;)

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but have always thought that TWA 800 probably got shot down.

Al Qaeda or similar, could take a Stinger we sold/gave away, put it on the slow boat to the US, and just sit offshore and pop a big bird.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Yahoo included a few details that Fox omitted.

TWA Flight 800 crash not due to gas tank explosion, say former investigators

Jim Speer, an accident investigator at the time of the crash for the Airline Pilots Association, who sifted through the recovered wreckage in a hangar, said he discovered holes consistent with those that would be formed by a high-energy blast in the right wing. He requested it be tested for explosives. When the test came back positive, he said, he was "physically removed" from a room by two CIA agents.

Dozens of eyewitnesses in the Long Island area "recalled seeing something resembling a flare or firework ascend and culminate in an explosion," the CIA said in a 2008 report. "Had the crash been the result of state-sponsored terrorism, it would have been considered an act of war."

But after an eight-month investigation, the CIA "concluded with confidence and full substantiation that the eyewitnesses had not seen a missile."

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Rambone, are you still in bed, I expected you to be all over this.;) Seriously, if this is true, can we believe anything the government says anymore? Can life get more bizarre?
    I'm on it. :D I can't wait to see this documentary. It's been a while since I looked into this one. I always thought it was pretty suspicious how all these eyewitness accounts were brushed under the rug, even as a young man. It really goes to show you that we cannot believe a syllable out of their mouths without proof. We've seen too many "official stories" evaporate into total fabrications.

So we can finally say with certainty that it was not an accident. Where does that leave us? If it was a genuine attack by foreign operatives, I have to believe that the U.S. would be happy to respond militarily. Lets be honest now, they don't often dodge opportunities to start wars. Why the coverup?

I wonder who was on that flight... and which agency pulled the trigger.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    The U.S. Government lied to us?

The same government that says the NSA is here to help us? Don't worry about your civil liberties.

Shocking.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Dozens of eyewitnesses in the Long Island area "recalled seeing something resembling a flare or firework ascend and culminate in an explosion,"

Were they subsequently visited by Jesse Ventura and Alex Trebeck, dressed in black, declaring that what they really saw was the planet Venus?

The real Men in Black

Oh, nevermind, they visit you when you see a UFO. Not a missile.

Not saying it's not possible, but wouldn't a terrorist, who scored that big, be claiming responsibility from the mountaintop? Even if it could be covered up here, I doubt our .gov exerts much control over Al-Jazeera.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    I'm on it. :D I can't wait to see this documentary. It's been a while since I looked into this one. I always thought it was pretty suspicious how all these eyewitness accounts were brushed under the rug, even as a young man. It really goes to show you that we cannot believe a syllable out of their mouths without proof. We've seen too many "official stories" evaporate into total fabrications.

So we can finally say with certainty that it was not an accident. Where does that leave us? If it was a genuine attack by foreign operatives, I have to believe that the U.S. would be happy to respond militarily. Lets be honest now, they don't often dodge opportunities to start wars. Why the coverup?

I wonder who was on that flight... and which agency pulled the trigger.

These are the two issues that have never left my mind since the eyewitness accounts dried up and went away within hours/days of the incident. My wife used to laugh at me when I would say, "there was something or someone on that flight that needed to be 'taken care of' in a bad way and Uncle Sam thought it was worth the collateral damage."

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The revelations of the past few months makes it hard to accuse anyone of wearing tinfoil hats anymore. I'm glad it's coming out before there aren't enough people who care anymore.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Interesting. This one line bothers me a bit though:

"These investigators were not allowed to speak to the public or refute any comments made by their superiors and/or NTSB and FBI officials about their work at the time of the official investigation," a news release announcing the documentary said. "They waited until after retirement to reveal how the official conclusion by the (NTSB) was falsified and lay out their case."

Am I reading this correctly? They stood by for 16 years +/- so they could collect their pensions to bring this out?

forgop

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Southeast Indy
    I was an aviation major at the time and read a lot into this. Worked for an airline and had an acquaintance that had several contacts in the NTSB and elsewhere in the industry. The story I heard was they took a 747 in the desert and could not reproduce the center fuel tank explosion in any way they tried, yet sold it off as the likely cause to hush the external source scenario.

Top Bottom