• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I remember Katie Couric saying on live TV after the terrorist attacks of 9/11 (during the day long coverage) saying something to the effect of "I guess we can now finally talk about what really happened to TWA800 with all of this going on" and then just went on to talking about the events unfolding blocks from her studio.

I thought I had misheard her and a couple of years later on the anniversary of 9/11 they ran a special where they just replayed their 9/11 coverage from that day and sure enough she said it again.

My uncle worked for TWA at that time (still does though now it's AA) and lost a very good friend. Not many at TWA bought into the official story. As a side note, when a funeral was being held for one of the TWA employees that was killed, a close up photo of my Uncle comforting a co worker appeared above the fold in the Boston Globe. He sent me a copy and I have it somewhere.

Ofcourse I still think Tim McVeigh had outside help from AlQaeda..In the weeks following 9/11 a quick news story popped up that the head of AlQaeda in the Phillipines was rounded up and as the talking head reported "He is the former Brother in Law of accused OKC suspect Terry Nichols." In the book "Others Unknown" by McVeighs lawyer, he (McVeighs lawyer)believed that Nichols received some bomb making training while over there and the whole "Bride" thing was a cover story for him being there.

In the month after 9/11 a former Clinton person, (the name escapes me but he was high up enough that he was on CSpan speaking to a college audience about terrorism a month after 9/11) and he said something that has puzzled me to this day. I have spent hours on cspan's archives trying to find it again but no luck so far. I will try to paraphrase but in a question about something else he said something to the effect of, "Well one thing this will change is the public's perception of the OKC bombing...I mean it's kind of going to be hard to keep their involvement underwraps in it after all of this. You know what I am saying?" The student said "No, What do you mean?" and he just said "Come on. Ryder Truck just like the first WTC bombing with the same MO. You know what I mean. Remember how they just stopped looking for John Doe #2? McVeigh had help is all I am saying."

It seemed like for the week after 9/11 the filter came off on many people.

I have theorized that the 9/11 conspiracy theories were pushed on the public because it's easier to theorize about Bush/Cheney/Massad/Black Ops/Big Oil etc, than to accept the fact that relgious exteremists were working with our own citizens (in the OKC bombing case) to kill Americans within our own borders...People are sheep and if you get a couple of pop stars and Hollywood types to push the "Bush did it...It was Black Ops" theory around then the gullible will follow ...It's easier to accept an unprovable fantasy rather than the reality that we have enemies that just hate us and want us dead.

IMHO ofcourse....:twocents:

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Anybody remember the AMC TV show Rubicon? Starting to think it was a documentary.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Pierre Salinger exposed a coverup in 1996 that would remain a "conspiracy theory" for the following 17 years. He obtained evidence that TWA Flight 800 was shot down by a missile deployed by the U.S. Navy.

Salinger was threatened to conceal the document he had obtained until after the presidential election.

Printed November 9th, 1996 in the Southeast Missouirian, written by the Associated Press

994143_541499829220856_85081772_n.png

brownhornet

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Mishawaka, IN
    The official report never felt right to me. You had the eyewitness accounts saying there was a missile that went away. I remember hearing reports of Middle Easterners with a stinger. I don't doubt it was shot down and covered up so there would be no panic.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    It was 1996, Clinton was tying up loose ends running up to election, just ask Ron Brown. Any of those passengers ever live in Mena?

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Navy ships were on site performing classified maneuvers

Despite early denials, the Navy finally admitted that there had been three submarines present in the area on the night of the crash. The Trepang; a Sturgeon class attack submarine, the Albuquerque; a type 688 Los Angeles class fast attack submarine equipped with vertical launch tubes, and the Wyoming, a nuclear ballistic missile submarine just out of Groton on sea trials. It has just surfaced that something went wrong on those trials, delaying the commissioning of the Wyoming, and her captain and exec were relieved of command.

Most recently, it has been learned that the Aircraft Carrier Teddy Roosevelt also participated in the CEC exercises but was not admitted to be present at the time.
    IRVINE: Let's open up the report, lets open up the record, lets take out the secrecy. That's the point.
    KALLSTROM: Ya, I think it would be good to do that at this point now that the criminal case is not open. But it's in the hands of NTSB...
    IRVINE: Hay, the bureau [FBI] just sent [Congressman] Trafficant a letter saying they couldn't identify three vessels that were in the vicinity for privacy reasons - come on.
    KALLSTROM: Well, ya. Well, we all know what those were. In fact, I even spoke about those publicly.
    IRVINE: What were they?
    KALLSTROM: They were Navy vessels that were on classified maneuvers.
    IRVINE: What about the one that went racing out to sea at 30 knots?
    KALLSTROM: That was a helicopter.
    Was TWA 800 Shot Down By a Military Missile?

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    US Navy Master Chief on USS Trepang admits Navy shot down TWA 800 (but rescinds)

Randy Beers, Master Chief of the U.S.S. Trepang (a Sturgeon class attack submarine) describes his recollection of the night of the crash, as they floated directly underneath TWA Flight 800 performing maneuvers. He later rescinded his account claiming that his retirement was being threatened.

AIM Report: 2002 Report # 03 - Can You Believe This is a Lie? I can't.

I: What was the name of the sub.
    B: Trepang. (spells it)
    I: You were off the coast of Long Island that night.
    B: Uh huh.
    I: And you said the Navy-- Go ahead. Tell me.
    B: You know, I don’t want anything to mess up my retirement.
    I. Yes. Well, I don’t see how telling the truth can mess up your retirement, Randy. That would be the scandal of the day if they were to- -
    B: I told them all the truth, you know, when they came, Reed.
    I: Yeh. And what did you tell them.
    B: You know, that me and Mr. Leitner were on the bridge. Mr. Leitner was the officer of the deck. (Discuss spelling of Leitner, pronounced Late-ner.)
    I: Go ahead.
    B: So me and Mike Leitner were on the bridge and he was, you know, he would control the submarine. And the only reason I was up there was ’cause I was the second senior enlisted guy on the boat. I was ship’s corpsman and I went up there just ’cause, well first off ’cause it was a nice evening. ’Cause I never went out in the rain, you know, and I had a couple of Diet Pepsis, so me and Mike Leitner shared a couple of Pepsis and hanging out and one thing leads to another and it looks like somethin’ went up and somethin’ come down.
    I: You saw it go up and you saw it come down.
    B: Well, I seen something come up. I don’t know, you know, I don’t know what the hell it was, but that’s what it looked, you know, somethin’ went up.
    I: How far away from the sub was it?
    B: It was about a mile.
    I: Which way? Out to sea or toward the shore?
    B: I don’t have the navigation charts in front of me, and I can’t remember exactly. I mean, you know, but I know we was-
    I. How far from the shore were you?
    B: A few miles, not far.
    I: Only a few miles.
    B: Yeah, not far at all.
    I: Were there a couple of other subs nearby?
    B: We were operating with some, yeah.
    I: The reason I say that is because the radar picked up three targets on the surface that had very short tracks. They all disappeared when the plane went down.
    B: Yeah, that’s what we did.
    I: I mentioned that to Jim Kallstrom, who, you know, headed the FBI investigation.
    B: Yes.
    I: And I said, you know the FBI won’t even tell us. This was after he retired, and I said the FBI won’t even tell us what those targets were, and he said, “Oh, I can tell you what they were.
    B: Submarines.
    I: He said they were Navy vessels on a classified maneuver. That’s interesting because he never said-- Oh, he said, “I’ve said that in public,” but I had no record of him...
    B: Oh ****. I don’t think anything we did off Long Island was classified.
    I: Is that so? Wasn’t there a Navy maneuver out there that night?
    B: Oh yeah.
    I: Because there were a lot of Navy ships that seemed to be heading out for W-105.
    B: Uh huh.
    I: Is that right?
    B: Yes.
    I called Randy again the next morning, Friday, Nov. 16. He asked me to call him back Monday morning, Nov. 19. I did, and I found myself talking to an entirely different person. The confident, courageous master chief had been transformed into a quivering moral coward. He said he had talked to his skipper over the weekend and that he had been reminded that he had signed certain papers when he retired from the Navy. Whoever it was that he had talked to had scared him to death. He feared that he was going to lose his retirement because of what he told me. He claimed he had spoken off the record, but I told him that was not so and that was very clear from the tape that I had recorded.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Wasn't the official report a gas tank leaking fuel.....static electricity igniting the fuel and it followed the fuel back to the plane exploding it.....thats why it looked like a missle streaking towards the plane?

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    Wasn't the official report a gas tank leaking fuel.....static electricity igniting the fuel and it followed the fuel back to the plane exploding it.....thats why it looked like a missle streaking towards the plane?

According to Agent J in Men in Black, it was a release of swamp gas in the atmosphere. That was after he used the neurolizer to wipe their memories.

But yes, the "official" story is what you stated with a minor exception. The spark was caused, at least in part, by faulty wiring on the plane.

ziggy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Fort Wayne area
    My brother is an engineer who worked for Boeing at the time of this incident. (He is still in the industry.) He said, there are no wires in a fuel tank. The official explanation was an impossibility. Of course, Boeing gets a lot of $ in military contracts and had to concur in the official finding of an accidental explosion in a fuel tank. I do not believe anyone at Boeing above the rank of janitor actually believed there was any design defect or anything else internal that caused the explosion of Flight 800.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    I've sworn that TWA 800 was covered up from the word go. I remember Tom Brokaw reporting that it could have been shot down by U.S. Navy ships during an exercise in the area. He too quickly dropped that idea. Too many people saw something. The "cover" story never sat well with me. :tinfoil:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    OMG. What kind of life do you live such that you have the time to find all this stuff? :):
    :) I run a page and get a lot of stuff in my inbox. Most of it falls in my lap whether I want it or not.
    EDIT: and after having gone through the list, cross-referenced it, who was it that had to be disappeared? ;)
    Not sure if that was the motive or not. Some suggest that it was an accidental shoot-down but I'm not sure if that is even possible or plausible.

djhuckle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2012

Isn't this directly from Die Hard II except he used a lighter to start the avgas? Yippie Kai Yay!!!

Hoosierkav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    South of Indianapolis
    For me, the more effort done to deny something, or make something "not so big" the more real it is.

In 2000, I took a "Response to Terrorism" class for Firefighters/EMS (incidentally, the cover of the manual was of the NYC skyline, with a reticle on one of the Twin Towers); the instructor of the class spent a focused bit of time downplaying the threat of a suitcase nuke. I thought then (before someone introduced me to tin foil) "If it is so unlikely, just say so and move on; stop trying to convince me."

The missile theory for flight 800 was from the start, and took 100 agents and months and months of investigation to say "No"?? Riiiiiiiiight.

Top Bottom