• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    :) I run a page and get a lot of stuff in my inbox. Most of it falls in my lap whether I want it or not.

Not sure if that was the motive or not. Some suggest that it was an accidental shoot-down but I'm not sure if that is even possible or plausible.

Uhhm... You might want to ask the former crew of the USS Vincennes if accidental shoot downs occur or not...

I, for one, think that's the most plausible explanation - and that it was covered up for political reasons...

I understand why some think it was a stinger from a terrorist. I would have thought that we'd have heard people bragging about that.

rich8483

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Crown Point - Lake County
    i too thought this story was fishy when it came out.

one thing i will say is jet fuel is very similar to diesel fuel in the way it burns. jet fuel just lacks a couple a components that lubricate an automotive diesel fuel injector which is irrelevant to a turbine engine. otherwise the burn characteristics are the very similar.

have you ever tried to light diesel fuel with just a spark? if the fuel is outside of a hot engine and uncompressed and NOT ATOMIZED, just sitting loosely if you will, you could probably throw sparks at it for quite a long time while it just keeps putting out the sparks.

impossible, no. implausible, quite.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom