• ...and so much more!
  • danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    I swear, Shay needs to get a commission from Surefire if he doesn't already. His recommendations have sold more LX2's than any other light going! I bought one shortly after taking Flashlight Combatives, and I carry it with me everyday. I still use my Streamlight Stylus Pro for the vast majority of work-related lighting chores, but all of my tactical/defense lights are Surefire, sans clicky tailcaps.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Just in case anyone missed this posted like 5 other times here on INGO. :D

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ynmOFCAGlQ[/ame]

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    **** UPDATE ****

So I've carried the LX2 every day since I first got it and I remain quite impressed.

I've carried it in slacks, jeans, and shorts. And while I still maintain that I wouldn't want a light any bigger, it carries quite comfortably and disappears effortlessly.

I really like the simple mode switching, as its come in handy while doing some work on my water heater, and while taking a walk at dusk with the wife and kids.

I would still like to find a lanyard that fits my needs better than what I've tried in the past. The one it came with is not suited for defensive work, but only for carrying around my neck or menial utility tasks.

I liked the rhino paracord rig I tried before, but I would prefer something even more low-profile and simple. Something like a loose round rubber band that I can slip around my finger easily.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I have recently stopped carrying my LX2 with a Lanyard. I have found it takes too long to slip my hand in the lanyard.

I plan on hitting the range this weekend to attempt reloading and "tap-rack-bang" drills while holding the light in my hand, w/o the lanyard.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Well, after 4 months of regular pocket carry and normal use, the lanyard ring broke today on my LX2.

114b2973.jpg

ed3c006d.jpg

c1daf5c3.jpg

No idea how, just pulled the light out of my pocket, and half the ring was gone.

What a crapper. :(

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    So are you just going to tie some paracord in the resulting groove? Or are you still thinking about going without the lanyard?

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    So are you just going to tie some paracord in the resulting groove? Or are you still thinking about going without the lanyard?

I really don't know. I'm still figuring out the lanyard thing.

You should contact Surefire, maybe they'll replace it for you :dunno:

I plan to do that. I've no idea how good their customer service/warranty is, but in anxious to find out.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Well, after 4 months of regular pocket carry and normal use, the lanyard ring broke today on my LX2.

That actually doesn't look like it "broke", but rather "came apart". The ring is already cut into two pieces-- it just looks like yours came unsnapped and the other piece went missing (bottom of your pocket perhaps?).

Glad to hear Surefire is sending you a replacement.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    That actually doesn't look like it "broke", but rather "came apart". The ring is already cut into two pieces-- it just looks like yours came unsnapped and the other piece went missing (bottom of your pocket perhaps?).

Glad to hear Surefire is sending you a replacement.

Yea, I realized that while on the phone with them. It got lost somewhere. Surefire just said no problem, another is on the way.

Lodogg2221

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Kokomo
    Good write up on the light!

BTW, having owned Surefires for over 10 years I can tell you that their service is second to none! Seriously. If it broke, they will replace it. They generally dont cover bulbs (in the incan lights) or general abuse, but Ive had tail caps replaced and even the rubber grip rings on one of my old M3s recently.
    I was all set to pay for them, and they said no problem, they will be on the way!
    Had them in two days.

They are expensive, but once you own one, you will want the rest of them too! They are worth every penny.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I got the lanyard ring in the mail yesterday. I'm not going to put it on my LX2 yet though. Not until I figure out what I'm going to do about a lanyard.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    So I had a chance to use the LX2 in a low-light force-on-force class this past weekend.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...atory_low_light_force_on_force_scenarios.html

Now I'm REALLY sold on the LX2 as a fantastic EDC light. A few features really stood out to me in the class.

First was the physical size of the light. As I've said before, the LX2 is probably the biggest light I would feel comfortable EDCing. However, the fact that I could get and maintain a positive grip on it was really helpful in class. Drawing it from my left front pocket was very natural and I never fumbled it.

Akin to that was the well designed pocket clip. Its design is such that putting it back in the pocket, even if done in a hurry under stress, is easily accomplished single-handedly. This was helpful as I had times when I was trying to juggle a gun, a spare mag, the light, another person, and a cell phone-- all at the same time. With my old PT2L it required a conscious effort to get the clip secured properly.

Another great feature was the non-clicky tailcap. I had light when I needed it, and never when I didn't. Not once did I fumble with its operation, or put the light back in my pocket while ON. I didn't have to spend any thought-time thinking about working it.

As far as brightness (200 lumens), it provided plenty of light.

Me pulling a wounded buddy to safety while scanning for threats.
    2dsq05e.jpg

OneBadV8's L2 (the precursor to the LX2), my LX2, and Westside's LX2.
    345bh8l.jpg

Top Bottom