• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Did you ever figure out about your lanyard?

Yep. I figured out I don't need one.

Sure, they're helpful in low-light live-fire classes where you're manipulating the gun over and over and over again, but in the real world they aren't necessary. During tactical reloads the light went back in my pocket, and then back out again.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I see.

I gave up on a lanyard. I started putting the LX2 in my mouth while reloading.

Plus, I had a LONG talk with Shay at the 1500 while I was helping at the INGO booth. I got a lot of free training info :D

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I gave up on a lanyard. I started putting the LX2 in my mouth while reloading.

I had done that in the past, but honestly putting it back in its "home" is the best option. That way you KNOW where it is, and you won't lose it when someone smacks you in the mouth.

Plus, I had a LONG talk with Shay at the 1500 while I was helping at the INGO booth. I got a lot of free training info :D

INGO perks baby! :yesway:

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I had done that in the past, but honestly putting it back in its "home" is the best option. That way you KNOW where it is, and you won't lose it when someone smacks you in the mouth.

INGO perks baby! :yesway:

Well that makes a lot of sense. I really gotta take that Mindset flashlight class....

And I already told Que and your dad I'd love to help out again. And not JUST because of the perks :D

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    UPDATE:

I've been carrying the LX2 every day for the past 3 months (exactly to the day). I've been very happy with it.

And, oddly, I experienced my first issue today.

I was taking it out of my pocket after returning home from work and something hit the ground. I quickly noticed the pocket clip had broken in half. I'm not exactly sure how it happened, as there was never a time when it caught on anything or was bent. But you can tell from the pics it was a clean break.

2h8908l.jpg

15nopxd.jpg

2lm1b3d.jpg

I'll be contacting Surefire on Monday and seeing if they'll send me a replacement. I will update again after I hear from them.

Lodogg2221

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Kokomo
    The clips do break from time to time, but Surefire always replaces them without issue.
    Have you ever bent it back down?
    Do you carry it bezel up or bezel down?

I carry mine bezel down, and have had the other end spring a bit, but Ive not had the clip break, and Ive had mine for just over a year now, carrying it every day.

Lodogg2221

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Kokomo
    Very odd, but rest assured, they will send you a new clip. Have you called them yet?
    I never get any good results from emails....general inquiries to repair questions, I found calls to them are best, and receive much faster responses.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Ok so I'm dumb. :n00b: :facepalm:

When the clip broke I shot Surefire an email explaining the problem and requesting a new clip.

After a week of no response I decided to just call them and speed things along. But it seems like every time I would think to call them I was at work and they were closed for the day.

So today on my day off I remembered to call. I went on the Surefire website to find the number. Looking at their "contact us" page I realized that the email address I had sent my initial inquiry to wasn't the right one for parts replacement. I don't remember where I got that email address but they apparently have many different ones.

Then I found the coolest thing of all-- an entire page dedicated to ordering replacement parts completely free of charge! :eek: (the website specifically requested that such matters aren't phoned in unless they were needed ASAP)

Rapid Replacement Parts

All I had to do was select the part, give them my shipping address, and click "submit". I was surprised to see even tailcaps listed!

I've never seen such a quick and easy way to order warrantied replacement parts. I'll update when the clip comes in, but +1 to Surefire so far.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    So.....I wonder if I could order one of each part and build a flashlight?

That is what good customer service is all about. Simple and painless warranty work. Thankfully I have needed no warrant work on mine but that will be looked away for future reference. Thanks for the update!

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    UPDATE

I received my replacement pocket clip today. It came in a small envelope and even included a Surefire sticker. Postage alone was $1.95 (they paid).

2vjxwqu.jpg

Replacing the part was easy and straight forward.

First, I removed the lamp assembly from the body.

eq13t.jpg

Using a small punch I punched out the old broken piece.

m8z2hk.jpg

Inserting the new piece, I again used the punch to tap it into place. It seats very firmly.

2cmrkp.jpg

Now we're back to 100%!

ev866p.jpg

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    I figured I would add my two cents to this. I have also broke my belt clip and am actually on number 3 now. I carry bezel down. and notice my second one broke as I was getting into my car. It broke in the exact same location as ESRICE's. I think the flex from walking, bending, and other daily activities flex it to the point of failure. when I break this one I will be making my own out of a different material.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I have also broke my belt clip and am actually on number 3 now.

Ok that is ridiculous. I'm really surprised that Surefire hasn't addressed what appears to be a very common issue.

when I break this one I will be making my own out of a different material.

Let me know if you do, as I would certainly be interested in a clip that is as bulletproof as the rest of the light.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    nice find esrice. ordered a clip for my lx2 as well. same break point as yours!

That makes you the 4th person on INGO alone that has experienced the exact same thing.

I've emailed Surefire about the clip asking if they have any plans for an upgrade. I'll report back when I hear something.

Top Bottom