• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    The E1B clip fits and is very sturdy, however it forces a bezel up carry.

I switched my LX2 and my wife's LX2 over to the E1B clip, and never looked back.

I don't think you guys mean the E1B clip, as I believe it utilizes the same bezel-down reversible clip as the LX2.

71Pa7vezWaL._SL1500_.jpg

You're most likely referring to this clip, as seen on an E2L.

opplanet-surefire-outdoorsman-e2l-flashlight-e2lhawh.jpg

So that's what I ordered this time. When it arrived I replaced my backup LX2 clip with it. I'm still not thrilled about bezel-up carry. Deployment is similar enough to not be an issue, but I don't like how much bezel sticks up out of my pocket.

30hohsi.jpg

1220opu.jpg

I'll run with this clip for a while and see how I like it and how it holds up. Will report back if anything changes.

you can get them replaced for free. just go to surefires rapid replacement site and order another. Rapid Replacement Parts

Know how I know you didn't read the whole thread? :):

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    So far I like the PD35, it's very bright, and the pocket clip certainly is better than the LX2's. It hasn't become my primary light, but quickly became my new work light.

I'm curious what you think of the E2L clip. I'm not a fan of bezel up, but if it works, it works.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Well, the LX2 got some use today.

A guest in my hotel started a fire in his room and I was first to respond. While trying to extinguish the fire I had to use the LX2 to verify there was no one else left in the room, and then to locate a breaker box in the smoke-filled room. I also used it when we cut all power and evacuated the hotel.

I wouldn't have been able to do these things as effectively if I didn't carry my light with me every day. Deployment of the light was second nature and done without conscious thought. It was just in my hand.

Of note, I've been using a shock-cord lanyard on the light recently, which allows me to tightly tether the light to my palm while using it. In this case, I didn't take the time to utilize the lanyard, and I was still able to manipulate a fire extinguisher with two hands and maintain control of the light.

Eventually the smoke got so thick I couldn't breathe and we had to seal the room and wait for the fire department. I'm glad to report that no one was injured, though there was some serious property damage.

So regardless of what light you carry, make sure you CARRY A FLASHLIGHT.

ekf4lw.jpg

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Where did you get the lanyard?

I always cut the shock cords out of the bottom hem of my jackets. They tend to catch on things and can foul a firearm draw. That's what I used to make the lanyard.

I left the length adjuster on the cord to experiment with a few different ways of using it. If and when I re-do it, I'll leave it off, as it doesn't affect the way I use it now.

Top Bottom