• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Who has made that claim? He has every right to refuse service, and I (and anyone else) has every right to call him an O'Dules drinking candy pants who's father failed to teach him the duties of a man.

You judged him just like I judged her. You think he's despicable and I think she's exaggerating to make the story

In the end, one thing I've learned since the gay cake refusal is that I'm okay with people choosing who they do business with.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Would you JD, do the same thing this driver did? I'd like to know how many people would do the same thing this guy did.

Kut (doubts many would)

Lucky for me I don't have to deal with customers so I don't know. I do know that I support his right to not do business and her right to call someone else and even her right to make a news story out of it. I wouldn't expect anything less from anyone feeling the Bern.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Lucky for me I don't have to deal with customers so I don't know. I do know that I support his right to not do business and her right to call someone else and even her right to make a news story out of it. I wouldn't expect anything less from anyone feeling the Bern.

So you either aren't a Christian, or find it difficult to live up to the ideals of faith? Which, to some degree, could be said of most (me included).

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    And btw, the woman has Crohn's Disease. Not something you want to be stranded on the side of the road with, and certainly makes including it in the story, apt.

Dude, Crohn's is not an acute condition. It's an auto-immune disease in which the body attacks tissues in the digestive and alimentary tract. If she had a flare while awaiting a (people's) towtruck it would be inconvenient but not life threatening

jd is right, calling that a disability just furthers the desired narrative. If she has the placard it's because she wants to park close to the mall

[h=3]Crohn's dis·ease/ˈkrōnz diˌzēz/
    [/h]
    noun

1. a chronic inflammatory disease of the intestines, especially the colon and ileum, associated with ulcers and fistulae.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Dude, Crohn's is not an acute condition. It's an auto-immune disease in which the body attacks tissues in the digestive and alimentary tract. If she had a flare while awaiting a (people's) towtruck it would be inconvenient but not life threatening

jd is right, calling that a disability just furthers the desired narrative. If she has the placard it's because she wants to park close to the mall

Crohn's dis·ease/ˈkrōnz diˌzēz/

noun

1. a chronic inflammatory disease of the intestines, especially the colon and ileum, associated with ulcers and fistulae.

Perhaps I'm missing your point, but I doubt anyone wants to endure abdominal pain or possibility pooping their pants because they've been stranded on the side of the road.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Perhaps I'm missing your point, but I doubt anyone wants to endure abdominal pain or possibility pooping their pants because they've been stranded on the side of the road.

The wife of a co-worker has it and teaches Pilates multiple days a week.

As I said before, if her condition is so bad maybe she shouldn't be driving at all. I'm gonna bet it isn't ;)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The wife of a co-worker has it and teaches Pilates multiple days a week.

As I said before, if her condition is so bad maybe she shouldn't be driving at all. I'm gonna bet it isn't ;)

Does she teach on the side of the road??? Huh, never knew such classes existed.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Sorry, he's a despicable "Christian" (how about that?). And you have no idea her motives for being a Bernie supporter. Any "man" that leaves a disabled woman stranded on the side of the road, regardless of her political affiliation or other views, isn't a man at all. He's a person that has no honor, is weak minded, and lacks an understanding of common decency.

Another towing company will come along that wants her business. That's how capitalism and free markets (should) work.

Edit: (should) apply to baking, too.

Last edited:

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    “Something came over me, I think the Lord came to me, and he just said get in the truck and leave,” Shupe told an ABC affiliate. “And when I got in my truck, you know, I was so proud, because I felt like I finally drew a line in the sand and stood up for what I believed.”

According to Fox Carolina, Shupe identified himself as a conservative Christian who supports Donald Trump.

"Christians" like this give Christianity a bad name. He might want to re-read his Bible. From my reading, had Jesus been standing around when this happened, he probably would have gotten a lesson on humility, serving, and blessing your enemies.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I believe that customers and vendors both have a right to refuse service based on anything. Or nothing at all.

FREEDOM for one, FREEDOM for all.

Top Bottom