• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hal42

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2011
    Thanks for the thorough review. I haven't had but one opportunity to shoot in a long while, but noticed my standard hearing pro (browning muffs) work well, but were bulky and obviously made hearing range conversation difficult.

Your review highlighted and expanded on several questions I had been planning to ask. Now I just have to wait until school starts up again so I have the opportunity to switch jobs and be saving money (to spend on things beyond rent, food, and gas) instead of just making enough.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    Last edited:

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Another "great review" post here. Thank you!

For what it is worth I've got sordins and bought the fancy gell ear seals at time of purchase. The gel seals are in the closet as a spare as for me the things are just fine for comfort without them.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    Got my Peltors in today. These things are great! I know my wife is yelling at me, because I can see her lips moving. But I can't hear anything! I can finally enjoy INGO in peace!

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    I don't own those, but could update the review if I ever got my hands on a set.
    Yeah if you ever come across someone who has them see if you can give them a try. They seem to be pretty popular and I wonder how they stack up to the ones you reviewed. Good review none the less.

themadmedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    PSA has the Peltor Tactical Sports for $89.95.

Appeared to be an old deal but went through checkout at that price with free shipping...ymmv

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I bought the Radians and upon initial inspection I'm not so sure about them.

Overall fit and finish looks cheap with the battery covers not fitting well(couldn't they make the covers flush?), gray paint not done well and one of the cup "gaskets" is dis-figured. I haven't actually tried them but sticking them on my head, they fit tight. Much tighter than I think I would be comfortable with wearing for any extended period of time.

Can anyone who has these address my issues? Will they loosen up? Will the foam regain it's shape?

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Those that bought the Peltor's give me some feedback. I'm sending the Radians back. For $60, I should get better workmanship. I would rather pony up another $30 for high quality.

It's not like I'm not going to keep them long. My current pairs are 20+ years old.:)

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Overall fit and finish looks cheap with the battery covers not fitting well(couldn't they make the covers flush?), gray paint not done well and one of the cup "gaskets" is dis-figured. I haven't actually tried them but sticking them on my head, they fit tight. Much tighter than I think I would be comfortable with wearing for any extended period of time.

Can anyone who has these address my issues? Will they loosen up? Will the foam regain it's shape?

My test pair of Radians ProAmps was my regular pair for the past 4 years. While they didn't have all the issues you describe, they were on the tighter-fitting side of the comparative spectrum. It sounds like you would be much happier with the upgrade to the Peltor Tactical Sports.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Evan, I will have to bring some ear cup prophylactics and try your Peltor's at LLGF. I would like to get a pair, but jst don't think they are going to work for ME and long guns.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Evan, I will have to bring some ear cup prophylactics and try your Peltor's at LLGF.

Remind me as time gets closer. The Peltors actually belong to lovemywoods but I'm sure he wouldn't mind if I brought them as my backups.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Got my Peltor Tactical Sports today. Haven't had them to the range, but as soon as I saw the packaging I knew I would like them better than the Radians.

The aesthetics are much, much better, the fit way more comfortable(for me anyway) and they look to be well made.

The review was spot on in the description of the units, thanks!

Oh, for me anyway, I would either stick with $15 cheapies or save enough the get the Peltor's. The Peltor's give more value for the money spent.

But, what are the orange cups for?:dunno:

Last edited:

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    Got my Peltor Tactical Sports today. Haven't had them to the range, but as soon as I saw the packaging I knew I would like them better than the Radians.

The aesthetics are much, much better, the fit way more comfortable(for me anyway) and they look to be well made.

The review was spot on in the description of the units, thanks!

Oh, for me anyway, I would either stick with $15 cheapies or save enough the get the Peltor's. The Peltor's give more value for the money spent.

But, what are the orange cups for?:dunno:
    You can change them out for the black ones. I'm guessing hunters would like the option.

Top Bottom