• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Well the new M4 got its first real workout yesterday!

We decided to use it as a host weapon to test out 3 different muzzle devices.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...vs_pws_fsc556_pics_and_video.html#post1464808

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mvboxFBDv0[/ame]

It ran the entire test without a single hiccup. I continue to be impressed, as it shoots very soft for a factory carbine.

I'm thinking that Spike's needs to build me an SBR. . . .

warmachine

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    East Central Indiana
    Ive been looking to build my own AR as soon as the finances are in line again (Im sure we all know about that with this economy) and you have just shown me which AR Im going to buy. Forget building, I'll just buy this one and customize it. I expected a few pictures and a quick overview of the gun but what I got was mind blowing. You guys have done an amazing job so far IMHO and look forward to reading more of what you have to offer. Rep inbound to LMW and ESRICE.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Well the new M4 got its first real workout yesterday!

We decided to use it as a host weapon to test out 3 different muzzle devices.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...vs_pws_fsc556_pics_and_video.html#post1464808

YouTube - AR Compensator Comparison - esrice

It ran the entire test without a single hiccup. I continue to be impressed, as it shoots very soft for a factory carbine.

I'm thinking that Spike's needs to build me an SBR. . . .

What was the second flash suppressor? That one had nearly no flash at all.

devildog178

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Henry Co
    A Spike's dedicated .22 upper makes an excellent companion to thier 5.56 rifles!!! They are much more accurate then .22 conversion kits. Spikes customer service is top notch as well :rockwoot:

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Spikesreduced-06.jpg

Raccoon_Really_Really_Want.jpg

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Yeah, my "need" for an AR coupled with Esrice's awesomely comprehensive review was enough to do me in. This will be the longest three week wait ever, I'm already looking for accessories and ammo online....

Kinda makes me think of this:

m4-sopmod-2010.jpg

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Update:

lovemywoods ended up installing a black Ergo grip and Magpul MOE Trigger Guard on the Spike's rifle that he had laying around from another partial build.

168ijau.jpg

10h66pf.jpg

28luqsj.jpg

On order he's got 4 30rd PMAGs, 2 20rd PMAGs, a Magpul ACS stock, and a Troy BUIS. Pictures will be posted when that stuff arrives. :yesway:

Citronman1980

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    McCordsville, IN
    Awesome review!

I love my Spikes carbine. Built it a couple of months ago, and I've had a fun time with it.

You sir (esrice) are one of the reasons I decided to build a Spikes. Between your suggestions and a LOT of reading on my part, I had to build one. Now I curse you because I have a disease and all I can think of are ways to make it tacti-cool! :rockwoot:

I concurr with your statement that it has an awesome trigger pull. I debated putting a two-stage trigger in mine while I was in the process of building it. I'm glad I didn't do it. Even the selector switch is unbelievably smooth comparedd to others I've held recently.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    You sir (esrice) are one of the reasons I decided to build a Spikes. Between your suggestions and a LOT of reading on my part, I had to build one. Now I curse you because I have a disease and all I can think of are ways to make it tacti-cool! :rockwoot:

You have been infected with BRD. Now go forth and be contagious. :D

Even the selector switch is unbelievably smooth comparedd to others I've held recently.

I know! I was just remarking to lovemywoods yesterday how the selector is oddly smooth and "clicky". I find it very comfortable and easy to actuate.

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Great review! I used to love Spike's until they screwed me over on an in-house order back around the Obama election. Somehow, (gee, how mysterious) my order got cancelled and when I called to renew it they raised my price by 40%. Since then, NO SPIKES for me.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Great review! I used to love Spike's until they screwed me over on an in-house order back around the Obama election. Somehow, (gee, how mysterious) my order got cancelled and when I called to renew it they raised my price by 40%. Since then, NO SPIKES for me.

Wow, that sucks! I'm really sorry and surprised to hear that! I've heard nothing but positive things about their customer service before your post. It really bothers me to hear that considering the fact that I ordered a Spike's M4 (thanks to this review...) last week!

Top Bottom